Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Pennsylvania Republicans Push Bill to Make Gun Owners a 'Protected Class'

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breit...ted-class/amp/

Pennsylvania Republicans Push Bill to Make Gun Owners a ‘Protected Class’
    Getty ImagesGetty Images
    by AWR HAWKINS
    2 Jun 2017
    Twenty-four Republican Representatives and one Democrat are pushing legislation that would make Pennsylvania gun owners a “protected class.”
    Gun owners would be protected from discrimination by having their right to keep and bear arms firmly ensconced in the Pennsylvania Human Rights Act (PHRA).

According to the Pennsylvania Record, the legislation–House Bill 38–“is currently in committee,” but would protect gun-owning employees from employers who want to ban firearms on workplace property. For example, HB 38 would bar such employers from preventing gun owners from keeping firearms in their cars that could be retrieved for self-defense.

CeaseFirePA’s Shira Goodman opposes the proposed protections for Pennsylvania gun owners, saying, “The Second Amendment right is not overly burdened here, and so why (gun carriers) need to be in a protected class is just a little bit mind-boggling.” She added, “It’s very easy to get a gun here. We’re an open-carry state, except for Philadelphia. It’s not very hard to get a concealed carry license. We don’t have waiting periods. We don’t have registration and license.”

Goodman made clear that employers ought to be able to ban law-abiding employees from keeping guns for self-defense, intimating that such bans can prevent “workplace violence” and “domestic instances spilling over into workplaces.”

She did not address the fact that businesses, elementary schools, and universities around the country have witnessed horrendous attacks wherein the law-abiding citizens were sitting ducks; rendered defenseless by anti-gun employers and/or school administrators or boards of regents.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Republicans Push Bill to Make Gun Owners a 'Protected Class'

This showed up on my news feed on my phone . So figured I'd post and get everyone's opinion on it

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Republicans Push Bill to Make Gun Owners a 'Protected Class'

I don't approve of protected classes. What are we, fucking India? We have a caste system here? Yes, we do. But I have come to understand that many of the things the government does that I don't approve of are not going away any time soon. Since 99.9% of it is against us, it is time to fight fire with fire until we can manage to restore order.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Chester County)

I don't like "protected classes" either. I thought we were all created equal??? However, we need a mechanism to roll back on the infringements of our right to carry a firearm. At least these legislators are going on the offensive for a change. They are giving the libs a dose of their own medicine. Shira Goodman makes me sick.

(Delaware County)

As a state employee i have to ask, why don't these same politicians allow us to carry at work?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by FUBO View Post
    As a state employee i have to ask, why don't these same politicians allow us to carry at work?
    Oh, you don't need to. You're protected by working in a Gun Free Zone. See, that means that the bad guys can't come in with guns...

(Delaware County)

The problem is, i don't work in an office and I am often called out late at night to go to some pretty rough neighborhoods.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by FUBO View Post
    The problem is, i don't work in an office and I am often called out late at night to go to some pretty rough neighborhoods.
    Oh, that's OK too. See, criminals aren't allowed to have guns anyway, so you're perfectly safe...

(Delaware County)

Protected class? as in Snowflake? Affirmative action? not interested...

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Protected class? as in Snowflake? Affirmative action? not interested...
    Actually it would be a good thing. With how liberals operate these days, a liberal boss who hates guns could fire you fire merely liking guns.

Besides, protected classes and snowflakery do not correlate.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast