Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Question about Glock 40-9 conversion barrel.

I’m specifically asking about a Glock 27.
    I just picked up a 9mm conversion barrel from a super member here on the forum. I also plan to change to a 9 mm extractor, ejector and spring loaded bearing. This pretty much duplicates a G26 with the exception of the slightly larger slide bore.
    After these changes are made will I be able to swap back to the .40 barrel and shoot that round without issue? It’s well documented that when going 40-9 the barrel change is all that’s really required. Changing the additional parts just adds reliability should I choose to carry it with 9s. I can’t find anything going the other direction after swapping internals though. I know it won’t be as reliable in 40 anymore, I just want do some comparisons between the calibers and need to know if I should hold off swapping the ejector, etc.
    Thanks in advance for any and all information, Brian
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Question about Glock 40-9 conversion barrel.

I don't change the extractor, ejector or anything but the barrel. Never had a problem.

(Lancaster County)

I know that works for nine but wasn’t sure if the same holds true when the gun is set up for nine but I’m shooting 40.
    I guess an equivalent question would be could I shoot 40 out of a Glock 26 IF there was a way to put a a 40 caliber conversion barrel in it
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Berks County)

You pull the 9mm parts back out to go 40. Wait on getting the other parts. Just shoot the conversin barrel. It will work great. I have wolf with the dumb head on it. Works great. Im shooting a 23.

(Lancaster County)

^^ thank you, that’s what I needed know. I’ll wait until after my comparisons to fully convert it to nine.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Dauphin County)

I like the dumb head.

(Lancaster County)

^ I admit I don’t hate it either. I also have a 357 Sig barrel and it makes it so there’s no excuse to try to load 40s into it.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Bucks County)

G23 3rd gen (stock .40). 9mm conversion barrel is all for range practice. I have fired many a 9mm from the unaltered .40 mags as well.

As a stock .40, it is set up perfectly for .357 SIG conversion, which is my EDC.

The ejector on a .40 and 357 SIG is pretty straight. A 9mm ejector is bent a bit towards center. But damned if I can see any problem ejecting 9s with the .40.

.40 extractor works fine on 9s as does the recoil spring.

If EDC in 9mm, then everything should be changed just as insurance.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    G23 3rd gen (stock .40). 9mm conversion barrel is all for range practice. I have fired many a 9mm from the unaltered .40 mags as well.

As a stock .40, it is set up perfectly for .357 SIG conversion, which is my EDC.

The ejector on a .40 and 357 SIG is pretty straight. A 9mm ejector is bent a bit towards center. But damned if I can see any problem ejecting 9s with the .40.

.40 extractor works fine on 9s as does the recoil spring.

If EDC in 9mm, then everything should be changed just as insurance.
    The only thing that I noticed with stock .40 G27 using the 9mm barrel was that the brass didn't go very far. It usually fell right at my feet
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the input. The only way to see for sure is first hand so off to the range I went. Here’s my findings....

40-9 barrel only with 40 mag; a few failure to feeds, (angle too steep), all brass ejected but weakly, gun would lock back while last round was still in mag.

40-9 barrel only with 9mm mag; all rounds fed and extracted but weren’t thrown far.

40 barrel, 40 mag but ejector, extractor and bearing replaced with 9mm versions, (the ejector is a #336); top round in a fully loaded mag contacted the ejector but all rounds fed and extracted with decent force.

40-9 barrel with 9 mm mag and all 9mm internals, might as well be a model 26. 150 various rounds without issue. IMO carry ready.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast