Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default I won't buy any M&P pistol or AR.

I've been saying this for 10 years, S&W isn't getting a red cent from me. It's because they are anti 2A. They had the nerve to name their contemporary line M&P, military and police, which let's us know who they want to have them, well guess what I love my H&K's, Sigs, Springfields, Glocks, FN's Caniks, and many others. Bye Walther as well, PdP, Police defense pistol, no dollars for you either. Thankfully, I don't care for any S&W models, except for their 80s 357 revolvers.

I actually was a cop for 4 years and I'm still a part time volunteer EMT, nothing against first responders and my mom's entire family was in every branch of the military, but they can take that anti 2A attitude and go bankrupt. I can't be the only gun guy that feels this way.

Put them in the poor house and boycott them. Back me up on this one.
    My three favorite things in life are guns, girls and cars. Everything else is secondary.

(Elk County)

Default Re: I won't buy any M&P pistol or AR.

Here's some history, Cap'n:

Introduced in 1899, the Smith & Wesson M&P, catalogued as the Model 10 since 1957, is perhaps the most prolific revolver of the 20th century, with more than 6 million manufactured. Aptly named the Military & Police model, it was designed to take the the-new .38 Spl. cartridge developed by Smith & Wesson to replace the .38 Colt. The Colt cartridge was receiving bad reviews while in use with the Army trying to put down the Philippine Insurrection following the Spanish-American War of 1898.

The old .38 Colt was a blackpowder round that had trouble penetrating the shields of the Moro rebels and was found to have insufficient *knock-down* power. Smith & Wesson*s new Military & Police revolver in .38 Spl., with a .357-inch-diameter bullet, performed with stellar results and was quickly adopted by the U.S. Military and stayed in service through the Vietnam War.

As things go, what works for the military will also work for law enforcement, and at the turn of the previous century (1900), as metropolitan police forces were growing exponentially, the new M&P revolver found instant favor with patrolmen who needed more than a nightstick to subdue bad guys. It soon became the standard arm of most law enforcement officers in this country.

The Model 10 M&P is one of those "1980s" S&W revolvers that you like so much.

I think you're over-reacting.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Chester County)

You are certainly allowed to have and express your point of view. There simply are ZERO major firearms manufacturers that do not want their firearms platforms adopted by the military and police departments.

You mention several favored gun makers, such as Glock, FN, Sig, etc. that actively market their wares to military and police entities. I'll continue to use, carry and possibly buy more S&W, Ruger, Glock, and other guns actively employed by military and police personnel worldwide.

Have a great day.

(Allegheny County)

I won*t buy either of those cause I think there*s better options.
    Today was a good day!

(Philadelphia County)

Great answers already,no need for me to say anything more.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

What's cruzans have to say about this?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Thank god for ruger.... Um er. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/b...n-control.html

At least Springfield never did anything shad.... Oh.... Um. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sp...s-politicians/

(Monroe County)

I had to double take for the date on OP's post. Last time I heard that amount of hate for S&W was the 90s when they did sell out gun owners for gov $. But that was when the Brits owned them. That's not the case now.
    https://ir.smith-wesson.com/ir-resou...ding%20company.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Fed..fed..fed..

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Waffles View Post
    I've been saying this for 10 years, S&W isn't getting a red cent from me. It's because they are anti 2A. They had the nerve to name their contemporary line M&P, military and police, which let's us know who they want to have them, well guess what I love my H&K's, Sigs, Springfields, Glocks, FN's Caniks, and many others. Bye Walther as well, PdP, Police defense pistol, no dollars for you either. Thankfully, I don't care for any S&W models, except for their 80s 357 revolvers.

I actually was a cop for 4 years and I'm still a part time volunteer EMT, nothing against first responders and my mom's entire family was in every branch of the military, but they can take that anti 2A attitude and go bankrupt. I can't be the only gun guy that feels this way.

Put them in the poor house and boycott them. Back me up on this one.
    So, you won*t buy a S&W*s due to its advertising for POLICE, but you own GLOCKS, ( in your previous posts ) the most police used and advertised for police firearms since the late *80*s. No disrespect, but there is a word for that*hypocrite. I don*t believe this to be you from reading your posts, but you must admit I find the post a bit strange. Is it just that you hate the police?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast