Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: 2015 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone that took the time to come to HBG and be personally involved in the political process.

Here is some news story links covering the May 12, 2015 event, you will notice the PAID anti-gunners get to comment on events they didn't even show up for.

15-05-12 Gun rights activists rally in Harrisburg
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...arrisburg.html

15-05-12 Annual gun rights rally draws hundreds to Pa. Capitol
    http://lancasteronline.com/news/penn...0bfae6841.html

15-05-12 We’ll never let them win! 2nd Amendment Advocates rally at Capitol (video)
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind..._them_win.html

Annual gun rights rally draws hundreds to Pa. Capitol
    http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...at-6257186.php

15-05-12 Annual Gun Rights Rally Draws Hundreds to Pennsylvania Capitol
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...#ixzz3a28V8zbd

15-05-12 Armed and peaceful: Hundreds rally in Harrisburg to support Second Amendment rights
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ndreds_ra.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/annual...180055844.html

15-05-12 PA Gun Rights Rally
    http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-p...togallery.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-pennsylvania/

Here is the video of the entire May 12, 2105 event courtesy of Rep Metcalfe

10th Annual 2nd Amendment Action Day
    http://www.repmetcalfe.com/

Metcalfe Announces Locked and Loaded Lineup for 10th Annual PA Second Amendment Action Day

5/8/2015

WHAT: State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) and many other pro-Second Amendment state lawmakers will join together with gun owners from across the Commonwealth for the 10th Annual Pennsylvania Second Amendment Action Day.

Established in 2006, on average, more than 70 state lawmakers and hundreds of citizens from across the Commonwealth attend this annual grassroots event in support of the Second Amendment.

WHO: Saluting all who protect and serve, some of this year’s outstanding featured speakers will include: former Graham County, Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack, who is the only sheriff in American history to win a landmark case against federal gun control laws; Lt. Col. Joseph Junguzza, U.S. Army Reserves and owner of Modern Tactical, Lansdale; Larry Pratt, executive director, Gun Owners of America; Kim Stolfer, president and chairman, Firearms Owners Against Crime; and the following state lawmakers who formerly served in law enforcement, Reps. Cris Dush (R-Jefferson/Indiana), Barry Jozwiak (R-Berks), Jerry Knowles (R- Berks/Carbon/Schuylkill) and Mike Regan (R-York/Cumberland).

WHEN: Tuesday, May 12, beginning at 10 a.m.

WHERE: Front Capitol Steps, Capitol Complex, Harrisburg (rain or shine).

LIVE WEBCAST: Log on to RepMetcalfe.com beginning at 9:55 a.m. on Tuesday morning.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

Once again Beaver county brought about 1/3 of ALL the gun owners to HBG that attended the May 12, 2015 event.

The Beaver county gun owners spent about 9 hours round trip on the bus representing the silent majority of the Gun Owners in the rest of PA that couldn't go

IF you appreciate their efforts and willingness to go to HBG to fight for your firearm rights

Throw them a few bucks to help defer the cost of bus and outfits to at least give the 2nd Amendment Action Day a professional appearance when they represent gun owners all over PA.

http://bcscl.org/

2nd Amendment Action Day

Starting in 2010 Beaver County Sportsmen’s Conservation League sponsored its’ first bus to Harrisburg, PA. By 2013 with the help of a number of other clubs, the League organized three buses to the rally. And then in 2014 this similar group of clubs, plus the League organized and sent four buses. Beaver County Sportsmen’s Conservation League represents over 14 clubs and 11,000 Firearms owners in Beaver County not counting Firearm Owners Against Crime and all their membership.

This rally was well attended by hundreds of 2nd Amendment supporters from all over the State. It was a soaking wet rainy day but we hunt in that weather so we can certainly defend our 2nd Amendment Rights in the same weather. We stayed the course.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Lancaster County)

1/3 of those in attendance but 1/2 of Beaver County's total population.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Yeah, Beaver really does it up right. Looks like they had around 90 people, and except for a few other counties in NW & SW PA, they're the farthest away from Harrisburg. I think I heard that they had three buses, and the trip was free. If we had just a few more counties like that, the rally would have been twice as big.

I have attended a few events at Beaver Valley RPC and met more than a few members.

It's a very well run club with great people.

(Allegheny County)

There are 67 counties in PA

with 203 house Reps and 50 senators districts are all based on population density evenly divided throughout the state.

Large number of house Reps had NOT one firearm owner from a 64,000+/- person Rep district visit their office in HBG, is pathetic......

Based on attendance, most gun owners in PA must live in Beaver County or a few western PA counties and a very few scattered isolated spots around PA.

That or gun owners in the most of the rest of PA simply don't care, till.........

With ALL the Time & Effort spent to put the last 10 annual 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying events on.

With falling attendance, apparent apathy & indifference by the millions of gun owners in PA to do anything to support their rights.

Maybe its time to seriously re-evaluate and consider putting the limited resources available into other less public endeavors.
    Sure would be a lot less work! might even be more productive, not having to carry dead weight!

As the few can't keep carrying the many, as support really is a two way street.

Support of the RTKBA & 2nd A seems to have many differently levels of what this support really means to different people.

People wonder why politicians do what they do in office, when most people don't seem to care about their freedoms to bother, why do they expect someone elected to office in a popularity contest to REALLY CARE MORE, than they Do!

Freedom is a state of mind, IF you don't care, it doesn't matter to anyone else either!

For those of you that do care, take a minute out of your life (if you can afford) to watch this video from May 12, 2015 to what some of US are still willing to protect freedom.

Metcalfe Minute: Take the Citizens Oath
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHYI...etcalfe+Minute

Here are some of my observations other than what has already been covered.
    1) Some decent speakers this year.
    2) I was glad to see that we didn't have a whole bunch of people toting evil black riffles this year. There was one guy with an M1 or M1-A. I didn't get a good look at it. My opinion is that we need to first work on normalizing carry of handguns. Most people in my experience aren't even used to that yet. Carry of handguns needs to be a casually accepted social norm, before we can start with rifles. As our perhaps well intentioned counterparts down south have recently shown, open carry of riffles just "because we can" is counter productive at this point. Somewhere down the line? Sure, but lets work on getting the public used to handguns first. In other words, one step at a time.
    3) Larry Pratt needs to be more careful with his wording, regarding acts of Muslim terrorism. I understand that he was only referring to the Jihadist extremists, but the way he worded things towards the end, it sounded to me like he was lumping Muslims in general, into the same category. We really aren't the most politically correct bunch of people by nature, but at the same time, it's bad for PR if we as a group start to appear (even falsely, through anti gun maipulation tactics), to be bigoted against an entire race of people, most of whom have no quarrel with us. Again, I understand what he meant, but he needs to be more careful when speaking at rallies, where we are all under a great deal of scrutiny.
    4) I enjoyed speaking with Kim Stolfer towards the end of the day, and learning from his experience. This man really deserves a great deal more credit than he has been given for organizing events, and furthering our cause. I'm not sure if he was half joking, or half serious when he said he was training me as his replacement. There is probably not anyone who could ever "replace" Kim Stolfer.

A big THANK YOU is in order for all those who came out on Tuesday, especially those who stayed for the lobbying portion of the event, especially the event organizers.
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

(Schuylkill County)

Here are some reason I think the turn out isn't as significant as it should be.

Firstly, we have DHS on the scene which operates under the assumption that we are all terrorists. If they are not there for actual terrorists than they are there to intimidate people by making them feel that they will be targeted by terrorists.

Secondly, we have all heard the reports of government agencies unfairly target conservative organizations and easily get away with it.

Thirdly, we have the NSA which can access just about any electronic communication ever made with anyone.

Fourthly, we have the people; who may not be willing to use a vacation day to put up with the above BS.

1st Amendment rights are being destroyed through intimidation. The government has become too dangerous because they can intimidate a majority of the people to remain silent without having to actually threaten anyone.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Perhaps your first 3 points *may* be of issue to some, but I don't know of anyone who mentioned "intimidation" as a reason for not coming. However, I think you nailed it on point 4. People are LAZY, do NOT want to get involved and will only talk the talk, but not walk the walk. I'd been trying since the date was first announced to get people from the Bucks, Leigh, etc. region to come out. I offered a free ride, I'd pick up gas, parking, etc.. I ended up driving out by myself.

IMO, it was embarrassing how few people attended, and I really wouldn't be surprised if this years event was the last. I wish I had an answer regarding how to get people involved. I've tried everything I can think of, but with very little success. I'm starting to lose hope in 'our' people.......

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    Here are some reason I think the turn out isn't as significant as it should be.

Firstly, we have DHS on the scene which operates under the assumption that we are all terrorists. If they are not there for actual terrorists than they are there to intimidate people by making them feel that they will be targeted by terrorists.

Secondly, we have all heard the reports of government agencies unfairly target conservative organizations and easily get away with it.

Thirdly, we have the NSA which can access just about any electronic communication ever made with anyone.

Fourthly, we have the people; who may not be willing to use a vacation day to put up with the above BS.

1st Amendment rights are being destroyed through intimidation. The government has become too dangerous because they can intimidate a majority of the people to remain silent without having to actually threaten anyone.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jim-analog View Post
    Greetings,

Perhaps your first 3 points *may* be of issue to some, but I don't know of anyone who mentioned "intimidation" as a reason for not coming.
    You do know that PA and DHS jointly hired an Israeli security company to monitor us, look into our backgrounds, and gather all the information they could on us a few years ago, right? And that was after a DHS release stating that people planning to attend the rally were extremists and possible terrorists that required monitoring and cataloging. When it filtered down to state of PA level (that paid the Israeli security firm to gather intelligence on us and monitor us), the threat level was reduced to all extremists that required motoring but level of an actual attack was considered low.

All signed off on by our Governor, by the way. Local news and national news. No crazy stuff.

To answer your question, I have known several people who have been intimidated by this. The only person I know for certain who's behavior has been affected by concern is a friend we often head out with that won't bring a handgun because he is concerned about checking it.

You bet your ass people are intimidated, every level of state and federal government has said that we at this particular event should feel intimidated because we are the enemy and they are researching attendees.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast