Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Smile Dinner w/Lisa & a Sig (Episode 7)

Good evening.

In this episode of Dinner w/Lisa and a Sig we have Lisa's squeaky clean carry Sig Sauer P230SL in awesome stainless steel with the newly-installed Crimson Trace Corporation LG-432 Lasergrips. Purchased by me on 7 May 1994, this P230SL was manufactured in March 1994.

My P230SL has seen more activity than any other Sig in my collection. Early on the factory plastic grips were replaced with Sig wood grips for the P230SL. However, the Sig wood grips were perfectly smooth lacking any kind of engraved patterning that would aid a more secure grip. Training with this firearm revealed that the hefty kick of this little Sig's blowback design caused the gun to slowly creep out of my hand. As a result, I migrated to Hogue wrap-around rubber grips with finger grooves, which provided a secure and solid fit to my hand. I also purchased two additional Sig stainless magazines for this little handgun for a total of four magazines since this Sig is my primary defensive weapon.

I trained for three days at COMTAC in western Pennsylvania in June 1999 under the watchful eye of Chuck Davis, Michael Queen and Joseph Seppy. Scoring a rating of Marksman, which is one off of COMTAC's best score of Sharpshooter. I successfully completed the final examination by acing the written exam and terminating all but two targets in the live fire exercise.

My rigging for this little Sig is Galco's S.O.B. holster in tan leather with an assortment of color-coordinated Galco leather belts to suit the style of dress of the day. For dress up occasions on which a belt isn't part of my attire, I have handbag options that I use for concealed carry. For spare magazine carry, I opted for a Galco friction-fit color-coordinated magazine carrier, which attaches to the belt.

The fit and feel of the Crimson Trace Lasergrips in my hand is surprisingly secure. I was concerned about losing the Hogue rubber grips finger grooves, but the Crimson Trace Lasergrips have a rounded outside surface that fills out the grip nicely. The grips are also engraved with a pattern providing a more secure grip feel.

The P230SL is a compact .380 ACP DA/SA (double action/single action) blowback pistol with a single stack magazine capable of holding 7 cartridges making this P230SL's overall ordnance capacity 7 + 1. Like most other Sig handguns, the P230SL does not use a safety in favor of the classic firing pin/trigger interlock system, which made Sig famous.

Now, for some delicious vittles and a sassy-looking Sig...

Figure 1. Lisa's signature oven-broiled-to-perfection (it's too damn cold outside to barbecue!) one-third-pounder hamburger made from 90% lean organically-farm-raised beef served on a bed of organically-farmed Romaine lettuce with sliced organically farmed vine-ripened tomato and red onion — all nestled in a Kaiser roll and served with a generous portion of B&M brand baked beans and a medley of broccoli and cauliflower; water and ice by Brita, P230SL by Sig Sauer and white 100% cotton gloves by Sally Beauty Supply.

Okay, boys, don't ever say I don't do anything for you! I ate at my cramped kitchen table this evening so you wouldn't have my pretty place mats to distract you. LOL Don't expect me to make a habit of it, either!

Figure 2. Close-up of sassy-looking stainless P230SL keeping me company while I eat my delicious hamburger. Yum-yum!

Before some smart-alec makes a wise-crack, yes, that is the hint of a red toothpick behind the grip supporting the gun at an approximate 45° angle. I had a better picture (I took two close-ups) without the toothpick and no flash reflection off of the slide, but the picture was blurry.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Dinner w/Lisa & a Sig (Episode 7)

Beautiful P230SL (now I know why you said mine looked familiar )

The addition of the CT's makes that a fine little CCW. I'm glad that CT finally made a set for the P230 / P232's

Nicely done!

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Chester County)

Default Re: Dinner w/Lisa & a Sig (Episode 7)

Good looking dinner, good looking Sig.

I love these threads. Keep 'em coming.