Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    What happened to the current climate of Guilty until Proven Innocent?...
    That only applies to white, straight, gun owning Trump supporters, not to the tolerant left.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    ...and when they pass the ordinance will the file chargers or will they leave it up to the courts to decide in a civil suit? I'm gonna guess they won't do shit when an overt act is completed.
    I'd hold on to that quote, not the part you bolded - but the very last line. If they decline to prosecute, just quote the DA's spokesman

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    I'd hold on to that quote, not the part you bolded - but the very last line. If they decline to prosecute, just quote the DA's spokesman
    Conspiracy to break the law is already a crime. If I conspire with another person to rob a bank, murder someone, but don't actually commit the act myself, I can be found guilty of conspiracy. People have been convicted of conspiracy even when the conspired act was not committed. When does "political rhetoric" rise to the level of conspiracy? Apparently it doesn't when you sit in certain chairs.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Conspiracy to break the law is already a crime. If I conspire with another person to rob a bank, murder someone, but don't actually commit the act myself, I can be found guilty of conspiracy. People have been convicted of conspiracy even when the conspired act was not committed. When does "political rhetoric" rise to the level of conspiracy? Apparently it doesn't when you sit in certain chairs.
    Eh, it isn't a crime for legislative members (including city councils) to discuss passing this law, it's protected by the Speech and Debate clauses of the US and PA constitutions.

The king of England had a nasty habit of having people jailed for speaking in parliament to silence critics, so this has been a common thing in Anglo-American law since the 1500s.

It's generally a good thing
    Last edited by JustinR; January 31st, 2019 at 03:11 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Is that how they deal with the kids who conspire about a shooting or bomb threat ? I dont think so !
    Last edited by Just1more; February 4th, 2019 at 03:16 PM.

It's pretty clear that Peduto and clowns thought this was going to a SJW slam dunk. High fives all around. Photo ops with Wolf.

Just a stunt for political points until those hateful gun owners ruined it for everyone else.

Since I am not from Pittsburgh, my voice will be ignored, but I really think Peduto and the Council have to address this particular item in their pending legislation!

AR Photo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Since I am not from Pittsburgh, my voice will be ignored, but I really think Peduto and the Council have to address this particular item in their pending legislation!

AR Photo.jpg
    My God! I bet that thing has 10,000 shots in it with that high capacity memory card. And it's got fully-semiautomatic focus and a motor drive capable of 12 shots per second! Ban it! Ban it now! For the children!

Don't even get me started on the bayonet mount or the tripod!
    Last edited by buckengr; February 4th, 2019 at 02:51 PM.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post

AR Photo.jpg
    Compressed air pellet rifle?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Compressed air pellet rifle?
    Its a camera.

Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast