Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: New OC/CC Holster Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Just curious why you would want a pouch with a flap and one that only has the basepad exposed?

It would seem that you would be adding another step to your reload process, which would increase the reload time.

Under stress I don't think it would be easy to grab a mag from that setup.
    I was too cheap to buy real mag holsters at the time? I now mostly use a galco mag holster.
    It's really not to difficult to draw from, the heal of you hand can break away the velcro and sweep up the flap in a pretty smooth movement.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Yes, I broke my right wrist a while back and my left hand is my strongest, works for me
    Ok......I don't get it.

You carry your pistol AND extra mag on the same side (RH in picture)...and you're telling me your right hand doesn't work so well.

I'm having trouble understanding how that led you to carrying both item on your RH side.

Can you describe your reloading process?

From here...it looks like you'd have to drop the magazine w/ your right hand, transfer the gun to your left hand, access the magazine behind your hip and feed it into the gun using your right hand, then transfer the pistol back to your RH, close the slide, reacquire grip, then fire. This looks like a train-wreck of a reload....what am I missing?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Ok......I don't get it.

You carry your pistol AND extra mag on the same side (RH in picture)...and you're telling me your right hand doesn't work so well.

I'm having trouble understanding how that led you to carrying both item on your RH side.

From here...it looks like you'd have to drop the magazine w/ your right hand, transfer the gun to your left hand, access the magazine behind your hip and feed it into the gun using your right hand, then transfer the pistol back to your RH, close the slide, reacquire grip, then fire. This looks like a train-wreck of a reload....what am I missing?
    What he said

(Allegheny County)

Ok......I don't get it.

If you look at the first picture the extra mag is just above his right rear pocket, I can easily reach behind my back and reach a mag in that config. With a little practice I'm sure it is pretty fast and easy.
    If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by eulogyADD View Post
    If you look at the first picture the extra mag is just above his right rear pocket, I can easily reach behind my back and reach a mag in that config. With a little practice I'm sure it is pretty fast and easy.

Not near as quick as having it on his weak side at 9:00.

I dont really get your logic;

How could reaching behind your back undoing a flap, gripping the extra mag with only the basepad, bringing it back around to the front and loading it, be as effective as the placement I described above?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by eulogyADD View Post
    With a pistol in the same hand?!

Or do you reach around your back with your left hand, to your right hand side?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Not near as quick as having it on his weak side at 9:00.

I dont really get your logic;

How could reaching behind your back undoing a flap, gripping the extra mag with only the basepad, bringing it back around to the front and loading it, be as effective as the placement I described above?
    The biggest problem I've seen with those knife pouches being used as mag holsters is that they rotate and slide around on your belt when you attempt to access them.

I had numerous knife pouches that I gave up on for these exact reasons (when carrying a pocket knife in them). Fumbling with this pouch in a gunfight, after your gun just went to slide lock sends shivers down my spine.

(Chester County)

Bueller? Bueller?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ranger7 View Post
    Bought a PT145 and found it to be the most perfect CC gun for me. Bought a second one as a spare and have many hundreds of rounds through them both. As reliable as any of the Glocks, Berettas, S&Ws and Springfields I have.
    I guess I picked the one in thousands.

(Allegheny County)

Bueller? Bueller?
    LOL!

I was thinking reaching back with the left hand behind the back. But its his left had thats bum so I guess he switches the pistol in his hands.
    If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast