Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: US COURT: BAN ON GUN SALES TO MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARDHOLDERS DOES NOT VIOLATE 2ND

The United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit covers nine states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.

The court is under the assumption that if you carry a medical marijuana card, you are by default under Federal Law an illegal user. The fallacy of that is similar to me and my CCW permit. I have a CCW permit ergo I carry a concealed handgun on me at all times. Wherever I'm at. When I cut the grass, when I'm in the shower (Yes....I do....I carry a Smith 629 with a 8" barrel and it's EASY to hide.....believe me!!) when I'm in area's that I am not permitted to carry. I mean that's such BS that I would carry EVERYWHERE I am at all times 24\7\365.

Why yes.....I had my heart transplant.....and lucky for me I had my 357 strapped to my ankle because three thugs busted into surgery just as I was going under and......bla, bla, bla.....

Bullshit is bullshit.

The individual may have the card, but the Government must prove the individual has obtained AND used medical marijuana. Simply having the card proves only that the individual has access to Medical MJ. It proves nothing else. I would think, if this case is appealed further, it will be overturned.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: US COURT: BAN ON GUN SALES TO MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARDHOLDERS DOES NOT VIOLATE 2ND

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Again, this case wasn't about using or possessing the drug. It was about having a medical marijuana card ONLY. The person did not use or posess marijuana. They only had the card and were denied.
    On Sunday morning after I stumbled out of he shower, got dressed and headed to the kitchen to find coffee and Tylenol, I always told my mother I hadn't been drinking the night before.

If you have a drivers license you are a licensed driver.
    If you have a fishing license you are a fisherman.
    If you took the time to get a pot card, you are a pothead.

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    I have no dog in this fight but you guys are comparing recreational activities that are deemed legal by the Feds to an illegal one on a federal level. This is open and shut case to me I till pot is no longer a federally banned substance.

Makes all the sense needed!

Then again , the Pa State Police say they don't recognize handgun purchases made with my FEDERALLY ISSUED C&R license as legal.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post

If you have a drivers license, you may not own a car and you may not have any friends. Perhaps you have used public transportation for the last 5 years and no longer need a vehicle. Again, just because you have the license doesn't mean you currently drive a vehicle.

If you have a fishing license doesn't mean you have been fishing. Perhaps you purchased a 5 year license and fished one time.....4.5 years ago. So, are you now a fisherman?

On Sunday morning after I stumbled out of he shower, got dressed and headed to the kitchen to find coffee and Tylenol, I always told my mother I hadn't been drinking the night before.

I have a hunting license but i dont have the heart to kill a deer so therefore i am not a hunter! My guns are only for killing heartless humans and VERY rabid dogs. I only got my hunting license for shooting human silhouette targets at the range. Now if the federal government ever releases a liberal hunting permit I will be a hunter.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

I've bought a hunting license every year since I was 15yrs old , even though I have not actually hunted in probably 15yrs. I just see it as a wildlife & gameland conservation donation.

(Indiana County)

According to the issuing body, if you have a license for something you are that something.

Sorry to the potheads, but if you are getting a license to buy pot, it's because you are buying pot.
    What is she doing with a license to buy pot if she doesn't use?

I have an inspection certification (license), the state consider me an inspection mechanic even though I do not inspect cars.

I have an inspection certification (license), the state consider me an inspection mechanic even though I do not inspect cars.
    But you cannot drive a vehicle without a valid inspection sticker if you are not actually test driving it as part of an annual inspection.

(Berks County)

According to the issuing body, if you have a license for something you are that something.

Sorry to the potheads, but if you are getting a license to buy pot, it's because you are buying pot.
    What is she doing with a license to buy pot if she doesn't use?

That's just (more) proof that the state is stupid. Don't be like the state by thinking the way they do.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Berks County)

The kind of medical marijuana Pa is going to allow doesn't get you high. If original intent is applied, having the card and using the medicine should be ok except for the federal part and the way it is written. Drug law and gun law both need rewriting. Whom would you trust to write it?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast