Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: OAKS Extravaganza MAR 13, 14, 15, 2020

189 miles give or take a few for the exact flight path.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    promoter just confirmed the show was shutdown by local government. no Oaks this time around....this is what fear mongering, media, and tin foil hats get you.
    Maybe swing down here and see what’s going on, before writing about it. The CHOP doctor did us in. As I I understand it, he returns from Italy, then goes to work treating children. No issue for the children, parents and others, no so good. 10 people in the county are positive and they all trace back to the doctor. Once an LEO was diagnosed, then a school employee he was in contact with, the schools closed for two days, then drive through testing tents were erected. It spiraled downhill from there. Super markets and gas stations are getting hit hard.

No panic really, but kids are off for 2 weeks so parents need food to feed them. If it were one or two folks, not an issue. But a sick doctor treating patients will never end well. The virus is t the issue, but if it becomes widespread in one area, that’s a possible breakdown in supply chain, etc.

So what’s next? Well, what if that officer got the rest of the small force sick, State PD? National Guard? Green truck start rolling in and people will start freaking out. If we can stem that tide, by shutting down some events, then so be it. I’m not thrilled about it, but am concerned about how some folks might react. I’m mostly pissed that the Flyers were on a roll!!

Blame the doc for the show closure. If you really needed anything at the show, blame the guy in the mirror. Be safe.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Chester County)

promoter just confirmed the show was shutdown by local government. no Oaks this time around....this is what fear mongering, idjit-bough government, media, and tin foil hats get you.
    The drooling-idiot-bought-and-paid-for governor who grooms himself to look like Lenin is in on this. If it's not time, it's damned close.

He closed the Montgomery County schools and a bunch of businesses for 2 weeks. It won't be a day or two before he orders all schools closed for 2 weeks. They're already getting ready for a nice 2 week paid vacation on top of what they already have. I want to see the teachers put on unemployment for 2 weeks and then see what happens. They paid for and supported this asshole, let them feel some of the pain. Can the legislature do anything about this? Rhetorical question; no. It's really time for Wolf to go.

I am urging my local school board people to tell Wolf to pound salt up his ass and do what the current situation in our community warrants, but so far it's hard for me to see a scenario in which closing all schools in the state is brilliant. Watch, it will happen soon.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Maybe swing down here and see what’s going on, before writing about it. The CHOP doctor did us in. As I I understand it, he returns from Italy, then goes to work treating children. No issue for the children, parents and others, no so good. 10 people in the county are positive and they all trace back to the doctor. Once an LEO was diagnosed, then a school employee he was in contact with, the schools closed for two days, then drive through testing tents were erected. It spiraled downhill from there. Super markets and gas stations are getting hit hard.

No panic really, but kids are off for 2 weeks so parents need food to feed them. If it were one or two folks, not an issue. But a sick doctor treating patients will never end well. The virus is t the issue, but if it becomes widespread in one area, that’s a possible breakdown in supply chain, etc.

So what’s next? Well, what if that officer got the rest of the small force sick, State PD? National Guard? Green truck start rolling in and people will start freaking out. If we can stem that tide, by shutting down some events, then so be it. I’m not thrilled about it, but am concerned about how some folks might react. I’m mostly pissed that the Flyers were on a roll!!

Blame the doc for the show closure. If you really needed anything at the show, blame the guy in the mirror. Be safe.

Josey, maybe you should calm down before you write about something. Don't ASSume you know that I haven't been close to the situation. My son was born at CHOP, and we regularly attend CHOP for appointments. The doctor is not to blame and shouldn't be ridiculed over it. Your lack of intelligence and quick reaction to put blame on medical professionals is a bit concerning and as pointed out earlier would fall into the tin foil hat crowd. Im sorry you live in or near a city that can't control a non-airborne virus with simple hygiene procedures but then again I wouldn't expect much more from a city who wants to build safe spaces for drug users to shoot up under medical direction. as for the flyers....who cares.....I mean it was the first time in 45 years that they were doing decent.

Josey, maybe you should calm down before you write about something. Don't ASSume you know that I haven't been close to the situation. My son was born at CHOP, and we regularly attend CHOP for appointments. The doctor is not to blame and shouldn't be ridiculed over it. Your lack of intelligence and quick reaction to put blame on medical professionals is a bit concerning and as pointed out earlier would fall into the tin foil hat crowd. Im sorry you live in or near a city that can't control a non-airborne virus with simple hygiene procedures but then again I wouldn't expect much more from a city who wants to build safe spaces for drug users to shoot up under medical direction. as for the flyers....who cares.....I mean it was the first time in 45 years that they were doing decent.
    Not sure how you’re being a customer of CHOP provides any special insight. Im VERY calm. The virus is...a virus. No big deal. My concern is that others will panic and put families in danger.

As a doctor, who comes in constant physical contact with patients, his age and recent travel put him at high risk, and he enters a facility and spread the virus. I’ll wait to hear all the facts, but it’s hard for me to understand how his poor judgement isn’t a critical factor here. Yes, if not him, then perhaps someone else could spread it. But awareness bears responsibility and in my mind, he was either aware, or grossly incompetent As a medical professional. We’ll see if the facts change that in the end.

I’m not against allowing counties managing themselves, as opposed to Wolf. What’s interesting is that I think that was Trump’s initial thoughts, states managing this as they see fit, and now they’re saying he didn’t act quickly enough.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Not sure how you’re being a customer of CHOP provides any special insight. Im VERY calm. The virus is...a virus. No big deal. My concern is that others will panic and put families in danger.

As a doctor, who comes in constant physical contact with patients, his age and recent travel put him at high risk, and he enters a facility and spread the virus. I’ll wait to hear all the facts, but it’s hard for me to understand how his poor judgement isn’t a critical factor here. Yes, if not him, then perhaps someone else could spread it. But awareness bears responsibility and in my mind, he was either aware, or grossly incompetent As a medical professional. We’ll see if the facts change that in the end.

I’m not against allowing counties managing themselves, as opposed to Wolf. What’s interesting is that I think that was Trump’s initial thoughts, states managing this as they see fit, and now they’re saying he didn’t act quickly enough.
    being a "customer" at CHOP definitely provides my family with far more information than someone outside looking in. We get regular updates from CHOP, not people that are just passing by the exterior of the hospital. That being said, I highly doubt that the doctor has any fault in this situation and the death threats he is receiving are highly unwarranted. Perhaps the real fault is in the response from the CHOP itself but even I cannot blame them for it. This is going to be a learning experience for the entire country. we will be doing some right things, and making some mistakes along the way as we all learn how to deal with a pandemic. That being said....the virus is ultimately unstoppable and would have been introduced at CHOP and every major hospital at some point through either medical staff themselves, or through patients or family members thereof. Philadelphia having a major international airport should have been a city focused on this back when it was first reported in China. given the contagion level of this virus being much lower than far worse diseases that we are far less concerned about, and yet still creates false panic and fear is the most worrying part of this. many people that will contract this will exhibit no symptoms at all and are just carriers which also increase the spread of the virus. like I said, by the time we first heard of it...it was already too late to control it from entering the US.

the false panic is the worst thing about this situation. don't get me wrong....there are real needs to keep people away from this stuff (like my son), and we take steps accordingly to protect him and ourselves.

(Erie County)

Hi folks.

At this point the cat (virus) is out of the bag. Pointing fingers really doesn't help (unless at the Chinese govt).

Social distance, good sanitary practices, help your parents and grandparents out by staying away from them. Use "good sense" in your contact with others.

We will get through this.

(Delaware County)

Now that the Oaks show is cancelled, I worry that I don't have enough ammo to defend my stash of toilet paper. I was also hoping to find cleaning patches that were big and soft enough just in case. And I was wondering if the prepper MRE tables would be back after a long absence; hence the need for tp and large patches.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Hi folks.

At this point the cat (virus) is out of the bag. Pointing fingers really doesn't help (unless at the Chinese govt).

Social distance, good sanitary practices, help your parents and grandparents out by staying away from them. Use "good sense" in your contact with others.

We will get through this.
    Had my first issue with "social distancing" this morning. The 8 year old girl from accross the street kept persistently ringing our door bell for ten minutes. She was playing with some baby kitties we had and wanted the missus to come out and play with her. I had a hard time explaining that she was sent home for two weeks to keep everybody safe from being exposed to individuals carrying the virus.

"I don't have the virus." "Honey, you haven't been tested so there is no way you would know". "But I don't have any virus." "Well, you live in Montgomery County and my last peek showed me the county has 13 people who are indeed infected." "But I'm bored." "You should call up one of your school chums and see if their mom can arrange a play date". "I'd rather just stay here." "Sorry, that's not an option." "When will Miss Karin come out?" "I'm pretty sure not today - and maybe not for a couple of weeks. Now you need to cross the street and get back home. And leave the kittens here..."
    - bamboomaster

being a "customer" at CHOP definitely provides my family with far more information than someone outside looking in. We get regular updates from CHOP, not people that are just passing by the exterior of the hospital. That being said, I highly doubt that the doctor has any fault in this situation and the death threats he is receiving are highly unwarranted. Perhaps the real fault is in the response from the CHOP itself but even I cannot blame them for it. This is going to be a learning experience for the entire country. we will be doing some right things, and making some mistakes along the way as we all learn how to deal with a pandemic. That being said....the virus is ultimately unstoppable and would have been introduced at CHOP and every major hospital at some point through either medical staff themselves, or through patients or family members thereof. Philadelphia having a major international airport should have been a city focused on this back when it was first reported in China. given the contagion level of this virus being much lower than far worse diseases that we are far less concerned about, and yet still creates false panic and fear is the most worrying part of this. many people that will contract this will exhibit no symptoms at all and are just carriers which also increase the spread of the virus. like I said, by the time we first heard of it...it was already too late to control it from entering the US.

the false panic is the worst thing about this situation. don't get me wrong....there are real needs to keep people away from this stuff (like my son), and we take steps accordingly to protect him and ourselves.
    I didn't realize the doctor was getting threats. I understand the anger, but not that response. Agreed, it would spread, but irresponsible acts will spread it more quickly, which creates this situation we're in, more panic, and possibly a worse outcome then the virus itself. I can tell you, my prediction nearly came true, as 6 additional police officers were infected by the one officer, while responding to a bomb threat a short time ago. Fortunately for our town, those officers were all in another town, but I'm sure that town starts to get concerned about LE coverage. This all tracks back to the doctor, so hopefully others are paying attention and face life with a risk vs reward approach. "I need to go in to the office. They really need me." Do they, do they really need any one of us that badly??? Use common sense. I think that's the biggest reason for the containment. I think government just doesn't trust that there's enough common sense out there, and they're probably right. Not that common sense runs rampant in government, but they saw China, Italy, and New Rochelle and chose containment.

You and your son be safe. You probably already exercise prudent caution, so this isn't new to you. I can tell you, I haven't actually grabbed a door handle in 2 years. Of course, I do other unsanitary things, so I lack consistency, but certain things just stand out for me.

Google: George Carlin Immune System - necessary levity for the day!!! Funny as he11.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast