Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Springfield Armory 1911 MC Operator vs. SIG Sauer Blackwater 1911.Who's the TOP DAWG?

Ok Firearms family, I've been at it again, going crazy trying to find the perfect 1911 for around $1300.00, I've narrowed it down to two. The Springfield Armory MC Loaded Operator and the Sig Sauer Blackwater 1911. Now both of theses pistols are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS to me!...... let me know if i'm alone on that statement? I really like these two 1911's but it's just to difficult for me to decide on one, without some help from you guy's.

This thread is for anybody to jump in and give ya boy some insight on these two BAD ASS 1911's, but I really want to hear from the LIVE BY DIE BY!!!!!!! seasoned veteran 1911 users and owners out there. What would you do and, why one over the other?

Also a little info, on where I could pick one up for a nice price?

Thanks in advance

Ya Boy, Nickname Tactical.
    Protect yourself at all times.... purchase a firearm. It's your right!

Default Re: Springfield Armory 1911 MC Operator vs. SIG Sauer Blackwater 1911.Who's the TOP D

Quote Originally Posted by Nickname Tactical View Post
    Ok Firearms family, I've been at it again, going crazy trying to find the perfect 1911 for around $1300.00, I've narrowed it down to two. The Springfield Armory MC Loaded Operator and the Sig Sauer Blackwater 1911. Now both of theses pistols are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS to me!...... let me know if i'm alone on that statement? I really like these two 1911's but it's just to difficult for me to decide on one, without some help from you guy's.

This thread is for anybody to jump in and give ya boy some insight on these two BAD ASS 1911's, but I really want to hear from the LIVE BY DIE BY!!!!!!! seasoned veteran 1911 users and owners out there. What would you do and, why one over the other?

Also a little info, on where I could pick one up for a nice price?

Thanks in advance

Ya Boy, Nickname Tactical.
    if you look hard enough I bet you'd beable to find a TRP operator for around $1300, and those are a step above the loaded and no a step in the right direction of the sig blackwater 1911's.

I love my sigs, but you'd never catch me w/ one of their 1911's.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Springfield Armory 1911 MC Operator vs. SIG Sauer Blackwater 1911.Who's the TOP D

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    if you look hard enough I bet you'd beable to find a TRP operator for around $1300, and those are a step above the loaded and no a step in the right direction of the sig blackwater 1911's.

I love my sigs, but you'd never catch me w/ one of their 1911's.

Cheers to that. I love the Sigs that my father and brothers have, but Springfield and 1911 seem to go together well.

But, I'm teetering on this buy from Kimber... Convince me not to pull the trigger on this, please... My tac rifle budget wants me not to buy this pistol. But my pistol budget fairy says I must... :/

Last edited by ScaredOnce; January 24th, 2010 at 04:48 AM.
    F*S=k

(Philadelphia County)

Also i've read that the MC Loaded has a better barrel on it than the TRP. Then too a lot of people said they did'nt like the adjustable rear sights for the TRP. One guy said the TRP only has two things over the Loaded MC and that's the longer accessory rail and checkering on the front/back straps. He also advised getting SA to customize some checkering on the front/back straps of the Loaded MC and you would still come out a couple hundred dollars cheaper and with a better pistol than the TRP with, the one exception of a longer accessory rail. So what do you say to this matter ? Is there any truth to this or is this guy just running his mouth?

(Philadelphia County)

Let me tell you. I just found out that Sig even made a 1911 my brother was like hey why not a Sig? I said a sig ?????? what, they make 1911's? But I think your right about Springfield and their 1911's fitting together well but, my question is.... who's gonna perform better and longer? because Sig is a very hard pistol to turn away from when we're talking about reliabilty, accuracy and being productive in combat situations. So who wins? I know Sprinfield Armory is a excellent choice but are they better than SIG Sauer?
    Last edited by Nickname Tactical; January 24th, 2010 at 05:12 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickname Tactical View Post
    Let me tell you. I just found out that Sig even made a 1911 my brother was like hey why not a Sig? I said a sig ?????? what, they make 1911's? But I think your right about Springfield and their 1911's fitting together well but, my question is.... who's gonna perform better and longer? because Sig is a very hard pistol to turn away from when we're talking about reliabilty, accuracy and being productive in combat situations. So who wins? I know Sprinfield Armory is a excellent choice but are they better than SIG Sauer?
    Who are you asking?
    F*S=k

(Lawrence County)

1911's are all about fitting......and dimishing returns.

Specifically, you can buy a $650 1911 and most will run.......and shoot tighter than most guys can. When you step up to the $1300 range you are not getting a gun that is twice as good. You are usually getting a tighter gun with better QA at the factory (usually) and SLIGHTLY tighter groups.

Just because Sig makes a 1911 does not make it the same as their DA/SA line. Pretty much all 1911's are basically the same. Never buy for a name.

When you spend $600 on a Glock you don't complain about the options or the trigger. When you drop the coin for a 1911 people really get testy if the gun is not PERFECT.

That being said.....I think either gun would serve you well....but.... and this is a BIG "but".......I don't know what Springfield has been doing with the TRP Operators lately, but the 2 I've shot have been downright impressive in terms of fitting and would be my recommendation as well...unless you were going to go with a Les Baer....

Basically.....at the $1300-$1500 level we can argue all day about a 1% difference in performance......and people do.

Lycandon'tlosesleepthrope
    Last edited by Lycanthrope; January 24th, 2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: typos

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

Buy the TRP, best deal going at that price range IMO.

I owned one.

(Bucks County)

i own a couple SA 1911 pistols and i really can't complain at all about their accuracy or reliability. i think when it comes to 1911's the SA pistols give you the best bang for your buck. i've recently read a number of threads on other boards that brings SIG QC into question so i would be a bit hesitant to recommend SIG at this time. i own several SIG's and all of them have been great guns but all my sigs where purchased 4-5 years ago. in the end your best bet is to handle both guns and see which one fits you better. while pistol may look kickass i wouldn't let looks be the determining factor in my purchase decision.

(Lancaster County)

Definitely stick to SA for the 1911, or, as some have suggested, move up to a Les Baer.

I would stay away from the Sig 1911's. Seem to be inconsistent in terms of QC.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast