Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default GOA ALERT: 7-11-2018 CALL/EMAIL SENATORS TO CONFIRM BRETT KAVANAUGH FOR SCOTUS

GOA ALERT: 7-11-2018 CALL/EMAIL SENATORS TO CONFIRM BRETT KAVANAUGH FOR SCOTUS

Gun Owners of America (GOA)

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=487098

################################################## ###############################

WE NEED EVERYONE to CALL Senators Bob Casey (D-PA) and Patrick Toomey (R-PA) at: 202-224-3121 (Capital Switchboard, ask to connect to your Senator's office).

Tell US SENATORS TO PLEASE CONFIRM BRETT KAVANAUGH FOR THE US SUPREME COURT.

Example of call narrative: Hello, my name is (your name), I am a registered voter in zip code (your zip code), please tell Senator (Casey/Toomey) to confirm Brett Kavanaugh for the US Supreme Court. Thank you.

################################################## ###############################

WE NEED EVERYONE to EMAIL Senators Bob Casey (D-PA) and Patrick Toomey (R-PA) at: https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=487098

Text of GOA pre-written email included below for reference:

Please confirm Brett Kavanaugh for SCOTUS
    I stand with Gun Owners of America in urging you to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
    Judge Kavanaugh has stated that he "revere[s] the Constitution," and that's the type of Justice we need on the Supreme Court.
    Judge Kavanaugh has a pro-Second Amendment record as indicated in his Heller II decision, and others.
    Additionally, Kavanaugh will be a strong constitutional improvement over the retiring Anthony Kennedy.
    Finally, Gun Owners of America tells me they will be closely watching what you do, and as a voter, I will keep your actions on Kavanaugh in mind.

WE NEED EVERYONE to TWITTER Senators Bob Casey (D-PA) and Patrick Toomey (R-PA) at:

Senator Bob Casey (D-PA): https://twitter.com/SenBobCasey
    Senator Patrick Toomey (R-PA): https://twitter.com/SenToomey

Example of Twitter message: @SenBobCasey @SenToomey I am a registered PA voter, please confirm Brett Kavanaugh for the US Supreme Court. Thank you.

Complete GOA Alert included below for reference:

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=487098

Gun Owners of America (GOA)

July 11, 2018

Trump Nominates a Pro-gun Justice for Supreme Court

The anti-gun Left has come totally unglued.

President Donald Trump just nominated Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court, and the liberal Left is in full mourning right now.

Democrat Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut is symptomatic of the wailing and gnashing of teeth that is occurring today. Murphy tweeted last night:

"Brett Kavanaugh is a true Second Amendment radical. He believes assault weapon bans are unconstitutional, a position way out of the judicial mainstream, far to the right of even late Justice Scalia."

Actually, Sen. Murphy is right about one thing. Early analysis (using a liberal-conservative scale) indicates that Kavanaugh is to the right of Scalia -- and even to the right of Justice Neil Gorsuch.

There is no doubt that Kavanaugh is pro-gun and will be a HUGE improvement over Anthony Kennedy, whom he is replacing.

This is not to say that he is the most pro-gun of the finalists.

That would have been Third Circuit Judge Thomas Hardiman, who seemed prepared to rule that the only legitimate limits on the Second Amendment are laws that existed at the time of the Founders.

Nevertheless, Kavanaugh, in his most important gun-related decision (Heller II) filed a dissent arguing that D.C.’s ban on semi-automatic firearms was arbitrary and unlawful.

In fact, his dissent was so well argued that GOA’s subsequent legal briefs have repeatedly held up his dissent as the model to follow.

In another case, Kavanaugh correctly interpreted the Firearm Owners Protection Act to find that a defendant could not be sentenced to 30 years in prison for use of a fully-automatic firearm if he was unaware that the gun fired automatically.

Kavanaugh also supported the prevailing opinion in the Citizens United case, which affirmed GOA’s voice in the political arena.

No doubt, constitutionalists are bound to find some opinion that they will disagree with. No justice is perfect. Consider: There is near unanimous agreement that Clarence Thomas is the most conservative justice on the Supreme Court, and yet, even Justice Antonin Scalia -- as good as he was -- was to the left of Justice Clarence Thomas.

All said, given Kavanaugh's pro-gun vote in Heller II, we need to look at his record carefully and shouldn’t nitpick on issues which doesn’t directly relate to guns.

So I’ll say it again. Judge Brett Kavanaugh is a HUGE improvement over Kennedy.

Remember page 54 of the Heller decision -- where there was dicta stating that certain gun control laws could be consistent with the Second Amendment?

Legal scholars have uncovered that this page was the price for “buying” Anthony Kennedy’s vote -- and getting a 5-4 majority on Heller.

Now he’s gone. And his exit is not lamented by any of us.

Thankfully, it looks as though we have a real chance for the Court to revisit the Second Amendment -- and actually hand down future decisions that will begin to dismantle the unconstitutional laws which are on the books.

So please urge your Senators to support the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh for the U.S. Supreme Court.

You Can Find All of Your Elected Officials By Clicking this Link and Entering Your Zip Code In the Search Box Halfway Down the Page Here: https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/home?0

Please help defend the Second Amendment by joining Gun Owners of America (GOA) Here:
    https://gunowners.org/join.htm
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Default Re: GOA ALERT: 7-11-2018 CALL/EMAIL SENATORS TO CONFIRM BRETT KAVANAUGH FOR SCOTUS

Done.

With McCain on board with him, I don't see how the Dems can stop this confirmation. Sure they'll make it an ugly circus and make fools of themselves, but he'll be confirmed fairly easily I predict when the votes are counted.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: 7-11-2018 CALL/EMAIL SENATORS TO CONFIRM BRETT KAVANAUGH FOR SCOTUS

Toomey is also on board.
    Still very important to keep the pressure up.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Sent one for me and one for wife

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Toomey is also on board.
    Still very important to keep the pressure up.
    That's amazing.

I agree, especially on Casey, Let him know why he'll lose in November.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Sent. Can't believe they have turncoat McCain AND Bloomberg stooge Toomey on board.

It's just THAT good of a pick. Those two being supportive don't worry me at all.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

Done. McCain wants to go out not hated as much.

(Berks County)

Gee, I wonder if we can swing Casey to our side on this vote...

But done, as always.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Gee, I wonder if we can swing Casey to our side on this vote...
    Ahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
    <gasp>
    <wheeze>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast