Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default PUBLIC AUCTION SALE OF FIREARMS - MILITARY & RELATED - SEPTEMBER 21ST

TO BE SOLD AT PUBLIC AUCTION WITHOUT RESERVE - 75+ ESTATE FIREARMS
    HUNTING - FISHING - RARE MILITARY ITEMS - A GREAT SPORTING SALE!
    SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 21st - 10:00 AM - DOORS OPEN 8:30 AM
    POCONO AUCTION GALLERY - 212 SUMMIT AVE. POCONO SUMMIT PA. 18346

All items sold absolute, regardless of price. We run a real auction. No reserves, no minimum bids, no internet bidding. A great selection of guns of all makes and models, handguns by Smith & Wesson, Colt, Sig Sauer, Beretta, Ruger, Walther etc. Beautiful shotguns and rifles of all kinds. Beretta, Parker Bros., L.C. Smith, Winchester, Savage, Remington....you name it! Military guns, WW1 Colt 1911, S&W Mod 1917, Springfield Krag, more coming in this week. Fine vintage fly rods, reels and related, Orvis, Winchester etc. Reloading gear, WW2 German medals, Engraved sword owned by Civil War Major A.P. Davis, other swords, knives and bayonets, military clothing and gear, cases of new ammunition and boxes full of good useful ammo. crossbows, holsters, cases, scopes, lots of vintage archery bows and arrows, some silver coins and gold jewelry thrown in for good measure! Folks, this will be a fun, fast moving sale with many late additions. Lots of "off the attic" going on the block. We charge 15.00 per gun transfer fee, no charge to FFL holders. 12% bp. Delicious food and courteous staff. You can see hundreds of photos being updated right up to auction day here: https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3326104.html
    We've run a quality auction here for over 22 years.....just ask someone who has been here! Thanks for stopping and hope to see you on Saturday.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: PUBLIC AUCTION SALE OF FIREARMS - MILITARY & RELATED - SEPTEMBER 21ST

Quote Originally Posted by poconoauction View Post

All items sold absolute, regardless of price. We run a real auction. No reserves, no minimum bids, no internet bidding. A great selection of guns of all makes and models, handguns by Smith & Wesson, Colt, Sig Sauer, Beretta, Ruger, Walther etc. Beautiful shotguns and rifles of all kinds. Beretta, Parker Bros., L.C. Smith, Winchester, Savage, Remington....you name it! Military guns, WW1 Colt 1911, S&W Mod 1917, Springfield Krag, more coming in this week. Fine vintage fly rods, reels and related, Orvis, Winchester etc. Reloading gear, WW2 German medals, Engraved sword owned by Civil War Major A.P. Davis, other swords, knives and bayonets, military clothing and gear, cases of new ammunition and boxes full of good useful ammo. crossbows, holsters, cases, scopes, lots of vintage archery bows and arrows, some silver coins and gold jewelry thrown in for good measure! Folks, this will be a fun, fast moving sale with many late additions. Lots of "off the attic" going on the block. We charge 15.00 per gun transfer fee, no charge to FFL holders. 12% bp. Delicious food and courteous staff. You can see hundreds of photos being updated right up to auction day here: https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3326104.html
    We've run a quality auction here for over 22 years.....just ask someone who has been here! Thanks for stopping and hope to see you on Saturday.
    WE ARE NOW OVER 100 GUNS FOR THIS AUCTION! MORE COMING - GOOD SALE, LOTS OF GREAT GUNS.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PUBLIC AUCTION SALE OF FIREARMS - MILITARY & RELATED - SEPTEMBER 21ST

Quote Originally Posted by poconoauction View Post

12% buyers premium! Probably allow phone bidders too. My two biggest pet peeves of auctions. Hey, you decide to hire an auctioneer, I'm not paying for it.........

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    12% buyers premium! Probably allow phone bidders too. My two biggest pet peeves of auctions. Hey, you decide to hire an auctioneer, I'm not paying for it.........
    NOPE - WE HAVE NEVER ALLOWED PHONE BIDS...OR INTERNET BIDDING....OR CHARGE FOR ADMISSION...OR PUT RESERVE OR MINIMUM PRICES ON ITEMS...BY THE WAY, WE ARE AT 125 GUNS AND COUNTING!

Is there a list that is available for Buyers ?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Is there a list that is available for Buyers ?
    CURRENT LIST JUST POSTED ON WEBSITE LINK FURNISHED

(York County)

12% buyers penalty. That’s just an auctioneer double dipping. Charging the consignor and the buyer fees and will probably hit you for a background check fee for each firearm sold when they only make one call. This crap is why I stopped going to auctioneers that did this stuff years ago.

Most auctions charge the buyer 20-23% of the hammer price plus sales tax and 'paperwork fee' , and take 20% commission fee from the seller.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(York County)

Just the ones I don’t go to. No need to gouge the public. Odd how people will go to an auction and overpay for something and then get fleeced on fees and then go to a gun show and beat the hell out of a dealer selling the same or better item for less money. I will never understand it

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    Just the ones I don’t go to. No need to gouge the public. Odd how people will go to an auction and overpay for something and then get fleeced on fees and then go to a gun show and beat the hell out of a dealer selling the same or better item for less money. I will never understand it
    OK guy, you don't like auctions... we get it. Some of us have done well at auctions as well as at gun shows, so time to take a break. You are not making yourself look good for possible future customers by bad mouthing a potential competitor. BTW I have NO horse in this race, just responding to a bad trend I see.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast