Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Sccy CPX-2 second generation 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    I believe a few ex-Keltec employees started up that company, and copied the gun. There have been a few posts at KTOG about it and most wont touch it. Here is a link to it,
    http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthr...highlight=sccy
    Don't forget that companies do sell their products to other companies. Tanfoglio makes frames for many different companies. The Ruger LCP looks very, very similar to the Kel-Tec P3.

(Bucks County)

There are several manufacturers that have pistol that look just like Keltecs.
    I stole this list from a google search from gun&game.
    Cobra Patriot 9mm copy of P-11
    Ruger LCP copies 3AT
    Ruger LC9 copies PF-9 with an un-needed safety
    Sccy/Skyy copies P-11 with an un-needed safety
    Taurus 738 copies 3AT
    Taurus 709 copies PF-9 with un-needed safety
    Microtech copied the 3AT in 9X19
    I.O. Inc. copies the 3AT
    Last edited by theduke; November 30th, 2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Lehigh County)

I have the CPX-1. Aside from the Safety hitting the thumb, I've never had 1 issue with the pistol.

I installed the safety eliminator kit on mine. It now runs great and eats everything I've fed it with out problems.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Northampton County)

I am glad people are jumping in with info because i am not familiar with this platform or manufacturer. The only reason I told them to send me one to try out is the fact that I am able to return it after 30 days if not satisfied no questions asked. No doubt in my mine that they are looking to increase their sales. They have been contacting me on and off for about four months and I have said no based on the fact that I did not want to risk my cash ,this deal I could not pass up because my risk is eliminated. How many of you have bought a new gun and had some problems ? Currently I have 24 pistols in my collection and have owned another 6 or 7 that are no longer in my collection . Out of that 6 or 7, 3 were brand new guns that just sucked and the manufacturers were unable to resolve the problems, end result was that I got rid of them at a loss. The other 4 worked fine and were sold to fund new gun projects This company is allowing me to toy with there pistol for a month and see for myself how it works and eliminating my risk.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

The SCCY gen 2 pistol arrived, does not come with much in the way of packaging,comes in a red cardboard box, came with a decent manual and 4 mag base plates, 2 flat and 2 finger extension both give you a 10 round capacity,. It appears to be slightly larger with than a Kel -Tec 9 and the kel-tec comes with a plastic no frills box. With the finger tip extension it fits my hand pretty good actually better than the Kel-tec. The trigger lock that it comes with is a total joke it could be cut off with a pair of pliers its plastic,but I don't use trigger locks anyway so that does not matter to me. Fit and finish are good, appears to be functioning okay. I will be able to shoot it tomorrow and then on Thrusday Sat. and Sun we plan on putting other people trying it out. So tomorrow I report back on function. Take down was easy but requires a small flat tip screwdriver to remove the slide stop pin. Brian /EFR

I had a cxp-1 generation 1 for about 6 years and after almost 1500 rounds of ammo thru it the slide cracked. I sent it back and in two weeks had a brand new generation 2 pistol. Decent people to work with, no complaints from me.

(Northampton County)

I'll be out of town this weekend, but I'd be interested in popping over on the 18th to put some rounds through it. While I'm there perhaps we could discuss refinishing my P239 as well . . .

(Northampton County)

Bionic man the 18 is okay call me at 610-252-5334 and we can set up a time or send me a message here.

(Northampton County)

Just got back from the range had to test 3 other pistols so I took the SCCY along as well. First 50 rounds fired with out a problem all fed flawlessly. Pistol is light as a feather,snappy on the recoil but that was expected for something that weighs 16 ounces with out ammo. still has the factory grease in it I won't bother cleaning it until we hit the 200 rd. count. It is riding on my hip now for the next 2 weeks while we test it some more. On Saturday Spblademaker and I will try to reach 200 rds On Sunday I will be shooting it with some others as well. I like the weight of the pistol and the fit to my hand I had no trouble getting rds on paper at 10 yards. Trigger did take a little getting used to , both the initial pull and reset after firing are long. I will take some pics on Saturday at our range session and we will try to get them posted by Monday. Its bigger than the kel-tec and the ruger lcp 9 , holds more rounds than the Ruger, same as the kec-tec. Both the ruger and the Sccy cost more than the Kectec. So far I like it better than the Kel-tec and the Ruger. I will have to wait and see how holds up after 500 to a thousand rds. before passing final judgement. Brian / EFR

(Monroe County)

Brian,

Were you able to determine whether the mags are proprietary?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast