Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Post Gubernatorial Candidate Paul Mango's 2nd Amendment Stance

http://www.mangoforpa.com/second_amendment

Protecting the Second Amendment
    Paul is a former Army paratrooper and a current member of the National Rifle Association.

He understands the importance of protecting the rights of responsible gun owners in Pennsylvania, and feels that the government has gone far enough in infringing on these rights. He believes in the right to bear arms and defend oneself, in hunting and recreation.

With Paul, Pennsylvania gun owners and sportsmen will have a Governor they can trust to protect their 2nd Amendment right to bear arms and hunt.

If you agree that we need to enforce existing gun laws and not punish law-abiding citizens, sign our petition.

(Fayette County)

Default Re: Gubernatorial Candidate Paul Mango's 2nd Amendment Stance

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    http://www.mangoforpa.com/second_amendment

Protecting the Second Amendment
    Paul is a former Army paratrooper and a current member of the National Rifle Association.

He understands the importance of protecting the rights of responsible gun owners in Pennsylvania, and feels that the government has gone far enough in infringing on these rights. He believes in the right to bear arms and defend oneself, in hunting and recreation.

With Paul, Pennsylvania gun owners and sportsmen will have a Governor they can trust to protect their 2nd Amendment right to bear arms and hunt.

If you agree that we need to enforce existing gun laws and not punish law-abiding citizens, sign our petition.
    Mango seems to be fine with the status quo (i.e., current infringements) and enforcing current gun laws (i.e., instead of repealing restrictions).

Bottom Line: Mango is milquetoast and is not as pro-2nd Amendment/RTKBA as he makes himself out to be.

(Fayette County)

Post Re: Gubernatorial Candidate Paul Mango's 2nd Amendment Stance

Mango just chose Washington County Commissioner Diana Irey Vaughn as his running mate.

See: http://triblive.com/politics/politic...s-running-mate

(Berks County)

Wagner for gubnor.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Well, if he wants a chance of winning, he can't really say much more.

If he says "I believe we need to get rid of background checks!!!" what do you think his odds are?

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Well, if he wants a chance of winning, he can't really say much more.

If he says "I believe we need to get rid of background checks!!!" what do you think his odds are?
    If one votes for milquetoast, one should not be surprised when one gets milquetoast.

(Columbia County)

I have to agree with other posters that Mango’s web page is not very impressive when it comes to gun rights. He is not very specific. I read emails from Bob Casey concerning second amendment issues where he starts out saying “I fully support the second amendment”. Therefore generic statements on his website don’t convince me of anything.

Also looking at this website using my “sixth sense” I have to say “ I see Fudd guns”. I would take his website concerning his stand on second amendment issues more seriously if the photo had people carrying ARs or something semi auto, maybe a handgun etc. I want to know specifically where the candidates stand on semi auto bans, national carry reciprocity, The PSP registry of sale, magazine limitations and other specific topics. His website tells me nothing.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    If one votes for milquetoast, one should not be surprised when one gets milquetoast.

Awesome. It doesn't address the reality of what I said though.

Are you suggesting he tear his shirt off, paint the stars and stripes on his chest, and scream from a mountaintop that machineguns should not be restricted?

Do you really think anyone would stand a chance in hell of winning by voicing those opinions?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I have to agree with other posters that Mango’s web page is not very impressive when it comes to gun rights. He is not very specific. I read emails from Bob Casey concerning second amendment issues where he starts out saying “I fully support the second amendment”. Therefore generic statements on his website don’t convince me of anything.

Also looking at this website using my “sixth sense” I have to say “ I see Fudd guns”. I would take his website concerning his stand on second amendment issues more seriously if the photo had people carrying ARs or something semi auto, maybe a handgun etc. I want to know specifically where the candidates stand on semi auto bans, national carry reciprocity, The PSP registry of sale, magazine limitations and other specific topics. His website tells me nothing.

The democrat, "Lamb" shows him shooting an AR15 in his TV commercial. I wonder how many people are fooled by that.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The democrat, "Lamb" shows him shooting an AR15 in his TV commercial. I wonder how many people are fooled by that.
    A candidate proclaiming to be pro-gun posing with a semi auto may be good. However like my post said, I am namely interested in where they stand on specific 2nd amendment topics. Furthermore, a democrat candidate especially on Federal level is most likely to be anti-gun. Even if they are not, if they win they will aid the democrats to take the house and or senate. If that happens expect to find anti-gun democrats as chairman of subcommittees in addition to the speaker of the house and leader of the Senate positions. To sum it up I don’t trust any democrat on the 2nd amendment and I am suspicious of a candidate that makes vague comments like this candidate’s website does on the subject of guns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast