Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: FCC after your BaoFeng!

I need to watch the whole video however as I recall I have a spreadsheet of the frequencies for PA emergency/prepper and it is in a spreadsheet format that is importable into CHIRP. Anyway, if I import that when I set it up, is there like another set of frequencies I should be aware of and can I import that spreadsheet as well or what do people do?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Check out the radioreference.com database for more frequencies than you can handle.

(Berks County)

Would I just add them to that spreadsheet that imports that I have?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Why is it so much less than Amazon? All I see if possibly the battery is 1800 vs/ 2100 but it seems to be 3G product.

(Lehigh County)

Why is it so much less than Amazon? All I see if possibly the battery is 1800 vs/ 2100 but it seems to be 3G product.
    Maybe because it's coming directly from China. That's my guess anyway

(Berks County)

A person can certainly wait a few weeks to save $30 or so because it looks the same to me as the Amazon one sold directly by Baofeng.

two things about buying china.
    1)the real one is listed incorrectly.
    2)the fake one is listed incorrectly.

2100mah is pobably 1800mah and 1800mah is potentially 2100mah or more likely 900mah... i mean, china is china, one does not expect quality control.
    caveat emptor?

it was especially amusing to look for lithium batteries. amazing how one technology, in a physical size constraint can vary so much in maH from listing to listing.
    of which i'm 80% certain, not a single listing will output respectfully, some listed low and others amusingly high in maH.
    maH? Mah?
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

So I was reading up a little more on this and watching the video suggested. I see how the software works to add frequencies. Is there a reason why you would keep frequencies in a certain order? Like between the different bands? I would think really there’s no reason to have any order unless I’m missing something? I’m going to try to play around today to import that file that has all of the prepper frequencies on it I must’ve downloaded it somewhere but for the life of me I have no idea where it came from anybody with a thought on where I might’ve gotten that? And as I import frequencies are they going to overwrite previous ones if they are listed as the same channel number or will it just move that to a different channel somehow or self assigned?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Just remember, those in the government, tasked with making and enforcing the laws and regulations can't keep track of them all and explain them clearly, but you as a citizen, by god, you had better know every single intricacy of the laws and regulations else face fines and jail.
    yea, tell me about it.... Then if you want to volunteer to be in Emergency Auxiliary Communications the bureaucracy added on top of it all makes it even more difficult to recruit new volunteers.

(Chester County)

So I was reading up a little more on this and watching the video suggested. I see how the software works to add frequencies. Is there a reason why you would keep frequencies in a certain order? Like between the different bands? I would think really there’s no reason to have any order unless I’m missing something? I’m going to try to play around today to import that file that has all of the prepper frequencies on it I must’ve downloaded it somewhere but for the life of me I have no idea where it came from anybody with a thought on where I might’ve gotten that? And as I import frequencies are they going to overwrite previous ones if they are listed as the same channel number or will it just move that to a different channel somehow or self assigned?
    the first thing you need to do is to get your radio connected to your computer and Chirp and download the radio's image into Chirp. Save this image file. When you import the .csv file with the prepper frquencies, it will give you a choice to either use the channel numbers in the file (in which case it will overwrite what's there) or add or subtract 1, 10 or 100 to the channel numbers. Once you have what you want, you upload the image back to the radio.

If you google "prepper frequencies", you'll find several sources.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast