Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ladies only.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Ladies only.

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    A headcount for men would go 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc.
    always one perv in a crowd. lol

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by spyro825 View Post
    im a lady so there is more then you think
    In case you didn't notice, danp made that post on August 4, 2006, roughly around the same time the forum was created, I'm sure there are a whole lot more of you lovely gals now.

I also started a thread about a "ladies room".

I received a truck load of pm's from members that were giving the idea a huge thumbs up. Some are uncomfortable with their wives/gf's having to wade through all the testosterone so they are refusing to allow their wives/gf's to become a member here. A few also said that they would encourage their wives/g/f's to become members here if the females had a little corner.

Sadly, the administration didn't think it was a good idea as well as a handful of narrow minded MALE forum members.

And for your reading displeasure here is the linky:

http://forum.pafoa.org/support-sugge...e-section.html

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post

I received a truck load of pm's from members that were giving the idea a huge thumbs up. Some are uncomfortable with their wives/gf's having to wade through all the testosterone so they are refusing to allow their wives/gf's to become a member here. A few also said that they would encourage their wives/g/f's to become members here if the females had a little corner.

Sadly, the administration didn't think it was a good idea as well as a handful of narrow minded MALE forum members.

And for your reading displeasure here is the linky:

http://forum.pafoa.org/support-sugge...e-section.html
    The bolded part really burns me up. What fricking year is it? I thought women didn't have to bow down to what their men thought anymore. If the women don't want to wade through the macho crap, fine. But have the men refuse to let them come here is a crock of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    The bolded part really burns me up. What fricking year is it? I thought women didn't have to bow down to what their men thought anymore. If the women don't want to wade through the macho crap, fine. But have the men refuse to let them come here is a crock of shit.
    I don't think its about "allowance" really. Its about respect for their wives not having them wade through a testosterone jungle. Even the most thick skinned women might be a bit turned off to some of the stuff that goes on here.

The other thing might very well be (understandable); If someone is a bit disrespectful to someones wife then they feel the need to "step in". I guess for some chivalry isn't dead.

*I guess I should have worded my post a bit differently*

(Butler County)

Either I am very thick skinned or my men think that I can handle myself. Matt got involved once and it pissed me off.

There isn't much that gets to me.

1. The "C" word. I find it more offensive the the "N" word because black people sometimes call each by that name but I have never heard a woman call another woman a "C".

2. Calling fighting & bickering members, "Ladies." I find it demeaning, I would rather have them referred to as children, much more appropriate.

3. People trying to shove their beliefs on me. I am more a live & let live kinda of person. Do want you want, believe what you want, but let me have the same choice.

Other than that, I usually don't give a shit.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post

Methinks those women have bigger problems than what we might say to them on here.

(Allegheny County)

I am not looking for a segregation, just a new head count to see how many women are now on the board. Two years ago, it seems like there were under 5 female members.

Just curious, that is why I suggested that this be moved to the lounge instead of being in support & suggestions.
    I was not responding to the request you made for a head count, but to the original post that was asking for a woman's only section. Sorry for the confusion, I should have quoted the post I was responding too since it was a couple pages back.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Monroe County)

*Happy dance* I'm on the list and I didn't even have to post

Either I am very thick skinned or my men think that I can handle myself. Matt got involved once and it pissed me off.

There isn't much that gets to me.

1. The "C" word. I find it more offensive the the "N" word because black people sometimes call each by that name but I have never heard a woman call another woman a "C".

2. Calling fighting & bickering members, "Ladies." I find it demeaning, I would rather have them referred to as children, much more appropriate.

3. People trying to shove their beliefs on me. I am more a live & let live kinda of person. Do want you want, believe what you want, but let me have the same choice.

Other than that, I usually don't give a shit.
    I've used that word for 2 women in my life.

The first was after a girl hit me and before I snapped her fingers back.
    The second is for the "C" that lives behind me, it's her name now and forever.

Listen I know it's not a nice word but it's use is called for on certain occasions. I don't agree with men using it in the presence of a woman, but around the guys they can use it if they want to. I've also heard other women use it in my presence describing other women, mostly justified.

Now as for not letting their wives on the board because of the language/attitudes/etc. I don't agree with that at all. Women can handle themselves just fine. We see this everyday in our lives, you can't run/hide from it. It is unfortunate that these attitudes are still around but it's part of dealing with narrow minded people. Sure there where some when I first joined but I haven't seen anything derogatory in a long time.

The guys that are still here have shown to me that they respect us gals and value our opinions. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Pa Patriot View Post
    always one perv in a crowd. lol
    Aw, shucks Thanks for the compliment!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast