Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: List of all anti-gun regulations coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    None of the heinous ban crap made it through committee.

http://triblive.com/state/pennsylvan...e-gun-violence
    ----------------------------------------

The fight is not over yet.
    Still stuff being reviewed in the state senate.
    Still some bad stuff here that made it through in the state house.
    Bern-

----------------------------------------

Pennsylvania lawmakers to advance 5 bills intended to reduce gun violence

Wes Venteicher | Wednesday, April 18, 2018

At least five bills meant to reduce gun violence will be given a chance to move forward in the Pennsylvania state House following two weeks of hearings that ended Wednesday, said Judiciary Committee Chairman Ron Marsico, R-Dauphin County.

The proposals would tighten rules for relinquishing firearms after domestic violence convictions, create “extreme risk protection orders” to prevent purchases by people deemed to be at risk of killing themselves or others, add police training for domestic violence calls and allow people to voluntarily exclude themselves from being able to purchase firearms for set periods of time.

Those provisions had the most support from legislators in both parties among the group of gun bills introduced in the wake of the Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in February in Florida, Marsico said.

Not included were proposals to ban assault-style weapons, ban devices that make semiautomatic weapons function like automatic weapons and to expand background checks to include long rifle purchases.

Marsico said he might still call for votes on proposals in addition to the five bills, which are house bills 2060, 2227, 175, 273 and Senate Bill 501.

He said 37 legislators — some from each party — testified in the hearings after he invited all members to testify about gun violence. He plans to schedule another hearing in May to hear testimony from the public.

“We heard a lot of good, interesting and creative ideas,” he said of the hearings.

He said he was moved to hold the hearings after the shooting in Florida and mass shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, Pulse Night Club in Florida and the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada.

Rep. Jake Wheatley, D-Hill District, said changes should address the fact that gun violence is most acute among people of color, especially in Pennsylvania, where he said 70 percent of homicides “impact black and brown people.”

“America has a real problem, and we all can choose to acknowledge it or not, but it's a crisis,” Wheatley told the committee. “Just like the opioid addiction, we have a gun violence issue that is rampant, and it's not just at schools.”

Rep. Dom Costa, D-Stanton Heights, who is a Judiciary Committee member, said several lawmakers on the committee talked about the flood of comments they have received from people on both sides of the issue.

“One thing we've learned, and that I kind of know, is just a vast, vast diversity in feelings about guns,” said Costa, adding that he wasn't aware of any similar hearings on guns in his 10 years in the General Assembly.

“There's no way we're going to take everyone's guns away, nor do we want to,” he said. “I'm a Second Amendment protector.”

Costa, who once served as Pittsburgh's police chief, co-sponsored bills to expand background checks to include long rifles and to ban devices, such as bump stocks, that make semi-automatic weapons shoot more rapidly.

Gun safety bills have also been introduced in the Senate, where they would go through a separate committee process.

Wes Venteicher is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Reach him at 412-380-5676, wventeicher@tribweb.com or via Twitter @wesventeicher.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1914 View Post
    Fuck that Fontana fat ass fucking ****. What a piece of shit.
    Don't hold back.
    Tell us how you really feel.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Wake the hell up. Anti gunners are communists looking to control every aspect of your life from cradle to grave. This is nothing new. I can't understand the mindset of people that don't already know this. There were those that did not believe Mao would murder 20 million of his own people and they are already dead or under the boot of communism. WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!! Anti gun people are communists.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Wake the hell up. Anti gunners are communists looking to control every aspect of your life from cradle to grave. This is nothing new. I can't understand the mindset of people that don't already know this. There were those that did not believe Mao would murder 20 million of his own people and they are already dead or under the boot of communism. WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!! Anti gun people are communists.
    Preach to the choir much? If this shit passes, I'm packing up and moving back to Texas. Don't want to, but i will if it does.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    None of the heinous ban crap made it through committee.

What did make it? The mental health finger-pointing stuff was right out of the 1950s Soviet playbook. Did that make it?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post

Marsico said he might still call for votes on proposals in addition to the five bills, which are house bills 2060, 2227, 175, 273 and Senate Bill 501.

Did not find those, what are they.

At least they are not pushing for an AWB.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dsparil View Post
    Preach to the choir much? If this shit passes, I'm packing up and moving back to Texas. Don't want to, but i will if it does.
    I wouldn't be far behind. At least I could afford a decent house down there.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I wouldn't be far behind. At least I could afford a decent house down there.
    Sadly, I elieve Texas will be the next "Colorado"....
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dsparil View Post
    Here is the problem with that plan. Sooner or later here will be no place left to run to. The time has come to stand an fight against this tyranny. Please dont let Pa. fall to the Communists. We are at the turning point in this country right now. It on folks, no doubt about it. The loony left is riding the wave. You must stand your ground and not allow this type of unconstitutional legislation get passed. You guys are the last free state around in the northeast. We are a lost cause in ny with the cesspool of lefty politicians in Albany.
    Fight them please.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tjironhorse View Post
    Here is the problem with that plan. Sooner or later here will be no place left to run to. The time has come to stand an fight against this tyranny. Please dont let Pa. fall to the Communists. We are at the turning point in this country right now. It on folks, no doubt about it. The loony left is riding the wave. You must stand your ground and not allow this type of unconstitutional legislation get passed. You guys are the last free state around in the northeast. We are a lost cause in ny with the cesspool of lefty politicians in Albany.
    Fight them please.
    Great points. I moved from NJ to PA to escape the perceived lost cause...PA has over 5 million gun owners and we need to "hang together or assuredly we'll hang alone" ---Ben Franklin. Fights are never easy and the front lines is NOW at our doorstep. We need to stop it here because the locusts will spread to WV, then TN then the Midwest and eventually all will be lost. Our great nation blessed by God, started it's rich history and walk to freedom in PA. It's our job to take the reigns and preserve it!!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast