Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Daddy View Post
    I know I'm kind of late here but is anyone aware of any buses from the Pittsburgh area to the rally, preferably from an Eastern suburb?
    The official page has been updated with this year's info: https://www.2arally.com/getting-to-t...mendment-rally

There is a bus from Warrendale, and there is a bus from Monaca.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Daddy View Post
    I know I'm kind of late here but is anyone aware of any buses from the Pittsburgh area to the rally, preferably from an Eastern suburb?
    I hope you can make it friend. Glad to have you on the forum, you represented the gun community with honor and distinction in January. If I wasn't 4 hours from you I'd come pick you up myself.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

unfortunately not able to attend; illness burned up my PTO at work; no pto...no day off! I will be working...hoping for a peaceful gathering that has good results

(Allegheny County)

Hey everyone, just registered on the site today, myself and a friend of mine are coming to the rally on Monday. The Pittsburgh rally was my first time attending one. I am very interested in showing my support for the 2A. We both have the day off and we are all set. I’m just finding I have a few questions, I read thru much if this and did searches so I’m not being lazy I just haven’t really found answers to my questions and was hoping someone could help. First off, is this an open carry rally? Will people be carrying rifles? I didn’t bring my rifle in Pittsburgh out of fear of the unknown and what to expect and I found myself wishing I had brought it. I have a ltcf so I’m always armed with a pistol but that also raised a question with me as far as is the rally outside the capital building or inside? If inside I assume they have some lockers for firearms but I can’t imagine it’s all that many. Also I read that a lot of guys are meeting at Cracker Barrel in the area I hoped to maybe show up there and follow along with some people, I have never been to Harrisburg and I have no idea where to find answers to parking etc. any quick guidance anyone could give would be great. I’m not asking for all my needs laid out on a platter with no legwork from me but like I said I went to the rally website and didn’t really find answers and I tried reading thru the threads here and still find myself know knowing what to expect. Hope I wasn’t too long winded and I appreciate any guidance in advance

(Allegheny County)

Me again. I just clicked the rally link in the post above mine and that link provided much more info and basically answers
    Most of my questions. Still wouldn’t mind any info anyone feels is relevant as to what to expect. Almost seems like more trouble to come armed?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    Hey everyone, just registered on the site today, myself and a friend of mine are coming to the rally on Monday. The Pittsburgh rally was my first time attending one. I am very interested in showing my support for the 2A. We both have the day off and we are all set. I’m just finding I have a few questions, I read thru much if this and did searches so I’m not being lazy I just haven’t really found answers to my questions and was hoping someone could help. First off, is this an open carry rally? Will people be carrying rifles? I didn’t bring my rifle in Pittsburgh out of fear of the unknown and what to expect and I found myself wishing I had brought it. I have a ltcf so I’m always armed with a pistol but that also raised a question with me as far as is the rally outside the capital building or inside? If inside I assume they have some lockers for firearms but I can’t imagine it’s all that many. Also I read that a lot of guys are meeting at Cracker Barrel in the area I hoped to maybe show up there and follow along with some people, I have never been to Harrisburg and I have no idea where to find answers to parking etc. any quick guidance anyone could give would be great. I’m not asking for all my needs laid out on a platter with no legwork from me but like I said I went to the rally website and didn’t really find answers and I tried reading thru the threads here and still find myself know knowing what to expect. Hope I wasn’t too long winded and I appreciate any guidance in advance
    Welcome! You can carry outside. If you want to attend the rally inside, you can check your pistol with the Capitol police. Many of us will be carrying rifles and staying outside.

(Allegheny County)

Me again. I just clicked the rally link in the post above mine and that link provided much more info and basically answers
    Most of my questions. Still wouldn’t mind any info anyone feels is relevant as to what to expect. Almost seems like more trouble to come armed?
    There will be a group of us outside and some will be carrying rifles and open carrying. I will probably be outside and I’ll be open carrying but haven’t decided if I’m bringing a rifle.

There is a group meeting for breakfast and there is more about that here.

There is also a after party after the rally at Jhaydeno’s place and there is more info here.

welcome for PAFOA and I hope to see you there. Thank You in advance if you go.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

Welcome to PAFOA and thank you for attending.

In addition to the responses above, I do want to stress that the point of the rally is to go inside, hear the speakers in the rotunda, and then go speak to your representatives.

Some of us are choosing to stay outside and carrying long rifles this year, and you're welcome to join us. The reason I am personally choosing this is because last year, the attendance was such that there wasn't enough room for everyone inside, and I'm assuming that the same thing will happen this year. If I find that that attendance is unexpectedly light inside, I'll ask a friend to secure my rifle and join the crowd inside.

Again, just pointing out that the main intent, and that this isn't meant to be an open carry rally like in Pittsburgh. It just so happens that some of us are choosing to do that..., and not just from PAFOA. I read on many Facebook groups that many many people are planning on doing the same thing.

I expect a huge rally not only inside, but outside as well.
    Last edited by Justin///M; May 3rd, 2019 at 02:49 PM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Montgomery County)

The Capitol Police have plenty of locker space for checking hand guns, but nothing for long guns. I don't recall hearing about a space issue last year when attendance was high.

(Susquehanna County)

Headed out at 3am.. meet an non(currently) PAFOA guy near Ft Indiantown Gap, then see Yinz for Bfast at Cracker Barrel
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast