Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Dems introduce Assault Weapons Ban of 2017 Bill

I'm sure many of you noticed Senator Casey is a co-sponsor of this bill. As such, I just sent the message below to him through the “Contact Me” on his web page. I’ll be contacting his office by phone later today as well.

Senator Casey,

I am writing to implore you to reverse your decision to sponsor the Assault Weapons Ban of 2017. I also ask you to vote against this bill if it were ever to actually make it to the Senate floor for a vote.

I agree weapons, all weapons even those which are not firearms, can and are used by evil people to kill and maime innocent people. However, these same instruments can and are used by individuals for protection, self-defense, and hunting.

The solution to evil people using these weapons for destructive purposes is not banning them outright. Such bans keep them from law abiding citizens who use them for legal and honorable purposes. Rather than add new gun laws, we need to ensure those on the books are enforced.

A ban would have prevented a future Stephen Willeford from having the weapon to stop a mass killing like the one which occurred recently in Texas. You may say it would have prevented the killer from getting his rifle as well. That may be true, but the cold blooded killer could have used a pletera of weapons in the church against the unarmed worshipers...including the handguns or shotgun he had with him. He even could have used sharp objects like knives or blunt object like bats, hammers, or his truck as they left.

On the other hand, there are laws already on the books which should have prevented the killer from getting his weapon. Please, spend time on making sure these laws are properly enforced rather than wasting time on bills that may make your base feel good, but will do little to nothing to curb violence by those with evil in their hearts.

By the way, I am a Democrat. It is not just those in the other party who wouldn’t vote for you no matter what you do on this issue who will be watching your actions on this bill closely.

Thank you for your consideration of my concern on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Real Name - Not DGO

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I'm sure many of you noticed Senator Casey is a co-sponsor of this bill. As such, I just sent the message below to him through the “Contact Me” on his web page. I’ll be contacting his office by phone later today as well.

Senator Casey,

I am writing to implore you to reverse your decision to sponsor the Assault Weapons Ban of 2017. I also ask you to vote against this bill if it were ever to actually make it to the Senate floor for a vote.

I agree weapons, all weapons even those which are not firearms, can and are used by evil people to kill and maime innocent people. However, these same instruments can and are used by individuals for protection, self-defense, and hunting.

The solution to evil people using these weapons for destructive purposes is not banning them outright. Such bans keep them from law abiding citizens who use them for legal and honorable purposes. Rather than add new gun laws, we need to ensure those on the books are enforced.

A ban would have prevented a future Stephen Willeford from having the weapon to stop a mass killing like the one which occurred recently in Texas. You may say it would have prevented the killer from getting his rifle as well. That may be true, but the cold blooded killer could have used a pletera of weapons in the church against the unarmed worshipers...including the handguns or shotgun he had with him. He even could have used sharp objects like knives or blunt object like bats, hammers, or his truck as they left.

On the other hand, there are laws already on the books which should have prevented the killer from getting his weapon. Please, spend time on making sure these laws are properly enforced rather than wasting time on bills that may make your base feel good, but will do little to nothing to curb violence by those with evil in their hearts.

By the way, I am a Democrat. It is not just those in the other party who wouldn’t vote for you no matter what you do on this issue who will be watching your actions on this bill closely.

Thank you for your consideration of my concern on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Real Name - Not DGO
    kudos. glad to see you floating around here again.

i got tired of writing good letters and receiving canned responses so the last few i sent were short, to the point and cutthroat.
    stopping ever so short of anything that could get me in trouble.
    certainly no plesantries

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    This is the banniest of all bans because it bans things that are already banned like Vepers, Saigas, and all the Chinese AK's from being imported or manufactured.
    They're going to ban the russians and chinese from making AK's? SHIT, they must mean business this time!

(Lancaster County)

This will not reach the floor, so there is no immediate threat here. It is however another disgusting effort to use a tragedy to push their agenda in an effort to violate our rights and weaken the other amendments of our Constitution.

However, it's a reminder that you must continue to remind your politicians who they answer to and vote. It's also a reminder you can't be complacent, if you are next year this stuff will absolutely have a chance. Not one step back.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    They're going to ban the russians and chinese from making AK's? SHIT, they must mean business this time!
    LOL!.....I laughed when I saw that in there.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Communicating with Casey is a total waste. He robot-responds telling you what HE thinks on the gun matter, worded with no indication of representing what his constituents think and how he will represent them.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

In a quick skim, it looks like the 1994 ban. I will read more later on a regular computer, because i am pretty sure 125 pages on my small phone will give me an even bigger headache.

Well I just read that Bloomturd just donated $50 million in order to fund scare tatic ad campaigns and buy off politicians in order to get this pushed through.

I’m sending the GOA another $25.00 today unfortunately it’s all I can spare right now having been out of work for the last year. I know they will put that money into nothing but fighting for our rights rather then the millions of dollar salaries of the CEO’s that run the org.

I urge everyone to do the same. Instead of buying that next firearm or more ammo and mags out of fear they will be banned take that money give it to your pro 2A org of choice and make sure it’s used to fight for the preservation and right to own these items.

The link to a $15 discounted GOA year membership is below in my signature.

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Well I just read that Bloomturd just donated $50 million in order to fund scare tatic ad campaigns and buy off politicians in order to get this pushed through.

I’m sending the GOA another $25.00 today unfortunately it’s all I can spare right now having been out of work for the last year. I know they will put that money into nothing but fighting for our rights rather then the millions of dollar salaries of the CEO’s that run the org.

I urge everyone to do the same. Instead of buying that next firearm or more ammo and mags out of fear they will be banned take that money give it to your pro 2A org of choice and make sure it’s used to fight for the preservation and right to own these items.

The link to a $15 discounted GOA year membership is below in my signature.
    im betting they'd try to burn the country to the ground to get their way. not sure how well funding the NRA and GOA, trying to outbuy these elites, will work.
    money going to armor and 80% lowers.

Quote Originally Posted by tacogewehr View Post
    This will not reach the floor, so there is no immediate threat here. It is however another disgusting effort to use a tragedy to push their agenda in an effort to violate our rights and weaken the other amendments of our Constitution.

However, it's a reminder that you must continue to remind your politicians who they answer to and vote. It's also a reminder you can't be complacent, if you are next year this stuff will absolutely have a chance. Not one step back.
    ^^totally this^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Communicating with Casey is a total waste. He robot-responds telling you what HE thinks on the gun matter, worded with no indication of representing what his constituents think and how he will represent them.
    robo responses have been pissing me off. we should start calling.
    Congressman.Cartwright@mail.house.gov
    decided to send me some spam healthcare reminders... my nasty response wasn't bounced & didn't get a generic response yet.
    Last edited by fallenleader; November 9th, 2017 at 08:41 PM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast