Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Glock 42 ship dates announced

We just received confirmation from two different distributors that they are now taking back orders for the new Glock 42 in 380 ACP, so we back ordered 20 of them a few minutes ago. They will be shipped to distributors in two weeks, so figure three weeks before FFL's have them in stock.

The one distributor guaranteed me delivery of at least one by end of January, and since the wife wants the first one, sorry guys. Here is the ordering screen from my main distributor:

Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Default Re: Glock 42 ship dates announced

6+1? That thing is going to sell like mad in the Peoples Republics of New York and Connecticut.

Seems odd, though, that a Gen 4 Glock is only shipping with two magazines - I thought the Gen 4s shipped with three?

(Montgomery County)

I just saw a local dealer post this on facebook also. If I hadn't bought the LCP I did a few months ago I'd be on the way to put my deposit in. Even though better judgement says to never buy version 1.0 of anything

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by NJCzbt View Post
    I just saw a local dealer post this on facebook also. If I hadn't bought the LCP I did a few months ago I'd be on the way to put my deposit in. Even though better judgement says to never buy version 1.0 of anything
    My thoughts too. I been carrying the LCP-380 since it was first released so I'm hesitant to jump to the G42. I'm going to pound some rounds out of it and see how it performs, it's a Glock so I expect perfection. If the wife doesn't want the first one, I'll turn it into a demo gun and use it as my new bedside gun.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    6+1? That thing is going to sell like mad in the Peoples Republics of New York and Connecticut.

Seems odd, though, that a Gen 4 Glock is only shipping with two magazines - I thought the Gen 4s shipped with three?
    It's not being marketed as a Gen 4. When I asked my rep about that, he said it's actually a Gen 3 with some characteristics of a Gen 4.

Quote Originally Posted by WCGS View Post
    It's not being marketed as a Gen 4. When I asked my rep about that, he said it's actually a Gen 3 with some characteristics of a Gen 4.
    Now that is just downright odd. A brand new design of Glock that is being marketed as something older than the newest generation?

(Allegheny County)

Sorry.

Just not feelin' it.

(Allegheny County)

No offense and I'm a Glock fan, that gun is a real turd. Of all the things they could have done that IMO is the worst. A single stack 9mm would have been a hit, but a .380 is a laugher and so 10 years ago.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Maybe. This comparison chart was helpful for me. I can see where a single stack slim 9mm might have been more intriguing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...and they have a plan...

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    No offense and I'm a Glock fan, that gun is a real turd. Of all the things they could have done that IMO is the worst. A single stack 9mm would have been a hit, but a .380 is a laugher and so 10 years ago.
    exactly Id' preorder a single stack 9 to compete with the xds.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast