Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Looking for LGS near Newtown Square!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I'm originally from Broomall and there isn't a retail gun store real close to you in Newtown Square. TSS in Avondale is about 40-45 minutes away on Rte 41 just off US Rte 1. There is, as someone already mentioned, King's near King of Prussia and then French Creek Outfitters near Phoenixville. There is Delco Shooting supply in Prospect Park and Double Action in Yeadon. Oh, and I almost forgot Gordon's in Uwchland near Marsh Creek State park. Gordon's started out in Broomall when I was growing up. I think Bill Gordon is the younger son that owns the one up on Rte 100.

Thanks, you're saying exactly what I discovered when I did a search looking for places. I really appreciate the referrals.

I'll check out King's in KoP and drop Thin Blue line a note. How much do they charge for FFL transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by wellardmac View Post
    Thanks, you're saying exactly what I discovered when I did a search looking for places. I really appreciate the referrals.

I'll check out King's in KoP and drop Thin Blue line a note. How much do they charge for FFL transfers?

Thin Blue Line charges $30. The nice thing is he is alway ready when I show up for my appointment and am always out of there within 10 minutes unless we are bullshitting.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Thin Blue Line charges $30. The nice thing is he is alway ready when I show up for my appointment and am always out of there within 10 minutes unless we are bullshitting.
    That's good to know.

Pity the transfers are more expensive around here. I saw King's charged $47. I used to pay $20.

(Bucks County)

That's good to know.

Pity the transfers are more expensive around here. I saw King's charged $47. I used to pay $20.
    I have been paying $50 for a couple years now. I don't mind as they handle guns shipped in to me with great care, Very professional. Also I trust them with my personal info.

I once walked into a shop where they had a whole stack of the days transfers just laying out for everyone to see.

That's good to know.

I paid 85.00 for suburban armory to receive a shotgun from a seller and transfer it to me.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I paid 85.00 for suburban armory to receive a shotgun from a seller and transfer it to me.
    Ouch! That's way too high. $85 bucks for 10 mins of paperwork. No excuse for that. $20 - $30 is usual in NC. You guys are getting scammed.

(Delaware County)

Joe's great, but he does not work on Saturday or after 5pm. Treeline sports in Norristown is also $30 for a transfer. It's a little hole-in-the-wall shop, but has better hours and I haven't had any issues with my transfers.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by zoid11 View Post
    Joe's great, but he does not work on Saturday or after 5pm. Treeline sports in Norristown is also $30 for a transfer. It's a little hole-in-the-wall shop, but has better hours and I haven't had any issues with my transfers.

Thanks! That's more reasonable.

(Chester County)

Don Eastburn in west Chester charges $30 for transfers IIRC. It's been a while. He's a block off the pike.

Store wise, people are conveniently omitting Targetmaster in concord due to some perceived slight or the owner "not being nice enough". But I happen to like most of the employees there and their prices are competitive on most guns. They've even been dropping ammo prices lately. Targetmaster doesn't want to do transfers and prices them accordingly, so don't even call them for that. But for everything else, they've been great for me. It's funny to me that people recommend you go twice as far to TSS. I guess you could if you like paying msrp.
    Last edited by 92gli; December 8th, 2018 at 04:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12