Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Come attend Dickson City Council meeting Tuesday, 13 May, 7PM!

NATO doctrine in effect - an attack on one Pennsylvania gun owner is an attack on all gun owners in the Commonwealth!

You have likley already read about the Dickson City police harassment and arrest of folks with kids eating at a restaurant, and gun confiscation, last Friday night at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/edit_post.php?id=171938.

And now its time for gun owners to act and attend the Dickson City Council meeting and support those speaking to the Council on this matter.

Tentative Timeline:

5:30-6 PM (OPTIONAL) - Meet up for dinner or beverage at the scene of Friday's police abuse - The Old Country Buffet at 500 Commerce Blvd., Dickson City, PA 18519.

6:30-6:45 PM - Meet up outside the Dickson City Borough Building, 801-805 Boulevard Avenue, Dickson City, PA 18519. See more at http://dicksoncityborough.org/index.jsp?tabId=47&id=47.

6:45 PM - Enter the council chambers and be seated/sign up to speak (optional).

TBD - Depart chambers, meet up for short discussion outside, and perhaps to nearby restaurant for fellowship.

Admin Notes: We will know more about what rules for public comment are in effect Monday AM, so stay tuned. But if you feel like speaking, consider preparing only 2-3 talking points lasting at most 2 minutes - cool, calm, dispationate points only, please.

Gun Carry: I expect to attend the council meeting and will be openly carrying a handgun; I also will not be carrying any wallet or identification ("sterile carry") as none is required in Pennsylvania while openly carrying handguns on foot; further, my handgun was not transferred to me by a Pennsylvania gun dealer and so the gun is not listed in the State Police handgun transfer database. But that's just me - I have heard some other folks will be open carrying, but I'm not suggesting anybody carry a gun who does not normally do so or want to - or to carry openly if that's not your thing.

And bring your families! A lot of kids have never attended a public council meeting, let alone one where folks stand up to be counted and demand that elected officials get their police force under control.

Stay Tuned to this thread as the situation is fluid and fast changing!

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Come attend Dickson City Council meeting Tuesday, 13 May, 7PM!

See ongoing discussion here.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.