Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default ? for Taurus Revolver Owners

Warning: newbie questions ahead.

I just recently purchased a used Taurus 617 on gunbroker.com. It was my first gunbroker purchase, and there were a few issues during the transaction. If you've ever bought a new taurus revolver, it would be helpful if you would answer the following:

1) Do new Taurus revolvers come with cleaning kits? (this is my first revolver, so bear with me please) The revolver in question is a blued 617, and a cleaning kit wasn't included.

2) Should I be mad that the user manual was not included in the purchase? It's not that big of a deal because I found it online easily, but I was expecting it to be included.

Thankfully, the warranty card was included and the gun came in very good condition, but I'm disconcerted that the other two things were not. Secondly, this guy tried to ship my FFL the gun without his own FFL and then upped the agreed upon price after he found out no one in my area was having any of that. boo!

I'll follow up when I get a chance to shoot it, but the sun has gone down already, so it will have to be tomorrow.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: ? for Taurus Revolver Owners

That's a very good question.

I bought a Taurus Millenium pt138 that has cleaning kit, manual , warranty card and cable lock came with it but there's no cleaning kit when I bought the Revolver 85 SS, only manual and lock.

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Re: ? for Taurus Revolver Owners

With used guns, it's hit or miss. You can get lucky of the previous owner was a little fussy, or not so lucky as people often loose that stuff.

I recently got a used Glock 21, it was in like new condition unfired. Unfortunately it didn't come with the extras. I really would have like the clip loading thingy.

The most important part, is had it been abused. Look it over real well, take it apart, make sure nothing looks broken. If you're not sure there- have a gunsmith or knowledgeable person look it over for you. Most guns on those auction sites come with an inspection period and some sellers guaranty guns to function as intended by the manufacturer.

Good luck, and hope it shoots well for you.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

I purchased a used ppk and inquired first. In my mind it goes toward the value of the gun. If the previous owner kept everything neat and tidy it tells you something(possibly) about how well the gun was maintained.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Luzerne County)

The three NIB Taurus pistols I bought did not come with a cleaning kit but did come with the owners manual and hex key locks. I guess it depends on the model purchased.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Allegheny County)

I bought a Taurus 627 new and it only came with the manual and keys. No cleaning kit.

(Berks County)

I bought both of mine used ...one didn't come with anything..older model and I bought it in '91? not sure, it was used though.

The 605 was more recent, used also, but had original box, owners manual, lock and keys...no cleaning kit.

Should I be mad that the user manual was not included in the purchase?
    If it was new, yes, if it was used...well it should have been mentioned in the description everything that it came with.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Allegheny County)

The two new Taurus Revolvers I bought did not come with a cleaning kit. Keys and manual was it. Oh, and the gun too!

(Allegheny County)

I'm thinking of buying a cleaning kit on e-bay...
    should I expect a revolver to be included or is it just luck-of-the-draw with these kinds of purchases?

righteousbarbarian,
    Congrats on the purchase! Let us know how it works for you and post a photo or two! I'm an autoloader only owner thus far, but after our group shoot on Sunday, I'm thinking a revolver would make a nice addition.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Perry County)

Righteous...no new Taurus pistol or revolver I have bought (have purchased like 6 new over the years) has come with a cleaning kit.

As far as buying a used gun, it depends what the auction description says. Did it have a list of what all would be included? If you are unclear, you can always e-mail the seller and ask. That being said...I would be mad if it said something was included and you did not get it.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special