Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Biggest 3 Day PA Gun Show at the Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks

got to the show right at about 8:55 am, line wrapped around the back but it took maybe 15 min to get in. prices were alright.

bought 2K primers, 2 LBS of powder and 2000 FMJ 115g 9mm bullets to reload for $246 out the door.

bought a brand new SW 38 special 642-2 airweight for $460 out the door

2 glock mags about $24 each
    Hornady critical defense 38 special 25 rounds for $20
    100 rounds of 38 special lead SWC for $36

was happy with the show. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE was talking about an AWB.

made my friend buy a russian made AK-47, about $700ish out the door

cant wait till next time.

(Delaware County)

I got there at around noon today. Line wasn't bad to get in. I picked up a new Ruger LC9 with the Lasermax for $426 out the door. PICS check took 40 minutes to do.So for me the price was less then finding the gun online, ship it to an FFL, and pay for the transfer. Grabbed some ammo too.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pector55 View Post
    This afternoon in York, PA I was at a sporting goods store that said they could not get through to PICs all day. They said the line had been busy every time they called. This was around 2PM when I was there. Did buyers at the gun show experience any issues purchasing firearms?

(nevermind, I read in the MSM that there is a "gun show loophole" so I'm sure everyone was able to just walk out with anything they wanted) ... joking of course
    Not me I was lucky and found a used gen 3 glock 17 for $375 didn't have any issues with the pics system

I got there at around 10:30 today, waited in line for 5 minutes or so as the line was short and moving quickly. PICS took about 30 minutes+/- in the mid afternoon. The dealer I was working with said the morning today wasn't any problem, but that yesterday afternoon there were a lot of delays. It was a nice show, there was lots to see!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Definitly going to be there Friday and set up. I suspect most vendors will be as well. Perhaps a very few straglers but not many.

The line moved very quickly to get in today. I thought it was a great show.
    ScotsGuards, I saw you there but you were busy so I didn't want to interrupt. I also didn't want to hang out at your table too long because you had a Sig 228 and 229 that were both eyeballing me

Hugely disappointing.

I drove 2 hrs on friday, paid 20bucks (gf wanted to go too), and found 3 of the things on my list all of which had higher prices than locally or my usual sources. I paid $50 more for an M&P15 sport than boyers would have charged ($15 more than the sport king shooter sold last week) and even that took effort. .223 was the same price as the LGS. No one had reasonable projectiles or brass. American made 3 point slings were at near retail. Magpul ar 30rnd mags with window were $15 so thats not terrible and powder and primers were slightly cheaper than the LGS of course no one had win/cci small pistol primers after 4:30. I didnt see any new reloading dies. I didnt get to look at optics or a few other things on my list after 2 hrs of running from table to table comparing prices and consistently being surprised by how disappointing they were, we left. Although the GF enjoyed the hot nuts. cinnamon sugar cashews.

Overall, I spent almost $100 more going to the show than if I'd bought outside of it. Oh, and my gf took off of work to go but that doesn't count.

(Delaware County)

I was there Friday and Sunday. Friday I got a chance to chat a bit with Scotsguards and looked at a .308 Ishapore. I intended to go back and look at it again, but got a call from home and had to leave. Didn't make it back until Sunday. Line to get in always moved fast. I always take the road between the Expo Center and bowling/fun places - park to the side of the Expo center.

Looked at stuff from Kings Shooters, always has something I'm interested in. I really love those guys.

On Sunday, I was looking for a few items (got all but the belt). Saw a Colt Jr. .25 in one of the cases and asked for the price. Got quoted $650 - awfully awfully pricey for an OK-sort-of condition with no box. Checked prices on GB and found that they are still selling in the $300 - 400 range, so my memory seems to be still intact. I did end up getting a Webley and Scott O/U 20 Ga. It just seemed to handle perfectly when I picked it up.

All in all, it was a great show. I had a good time.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Northampton County)

Would like information on the vendor displaying the shelf with the hidden compartment. The booth was at the back wall at the opening between the b and c halls.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    WASR-10s with slant brake and bayo lug - $550
    Anyone know the vendor who had these? It was to the left of the door and a few rows back. They had a nice stack of boxed ones on their table

(Warren County)

Crap, I was looking for a P228..... I saw ScotsGuards booth but didn't see him or the P228 on Sunday. Saw some P220's in his case, maybe my eyes aren't what they used to be.

I did pick up some AR and AK mags from Dennis Todd......... all in all I had a nice time. Got there around 10am on Sunday and took about 15 minutes to get in. Saw a few things that i own that were going for alot more than I thought they were worth but nothing too shiny caught my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    The line moved very quickly to get in today. I thought it was a great show.
    ScotsGuards, I saw you there but you were busy so I didn't want to interrupt. I also didn't want to hang out at your table too long because you had a Sig 228 and 229 that were both eyeballing me
    Tim , USAF Ret.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast