Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northumberland County)

Question Carrying laws in PA

If anyone can tell me what i need or where i can obtain a copy of the recent Pennsylvania handgun laws in reguards to use of force and carrying a wepon while working.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by silverspoon220 View Post
    If anyone can tell me what i need or where i can obtain a copy of the recent Pennsylvania handgun laws in reguards to use of force and carrying a wepon while working.
    Hey silverspoon:

If you're comfortable with reading law...

You can find the laws outlining use of force in PA Consolidated Statutes Title 18 Chapter 5 (General Principles of Justification).

As far as carrying a weapon while working it depends on whether you are carrying the weapon as part of your job or just because you have a LTCF.

If you want to carry a weapon for your job (armed security, armored car company etc) you will need to go through ACT235 training which is completely separate from conceal carry. Unfortunately I am not intimately familiar with the rules and regulations regarding that but I do know that all the information you need can be found on the PA Lethal Weapons Training Program Site.

If however you mean simply carrying a gun to work, as far as I know the only laws that pertain to this are related to government jobs and government buildings. If you just work at Joe Blow's Computer Repair shop I am not aware of any laws that impact your ability to carry a weapon while at your business. However that does NOT mean that you don't have to follow your employers rules, if it's against policy to carry a gun where you work the law will do nothing to protect you when they fire you for doing so.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to respond and I or someone else will help you out.
    Last edited by danp; October 2nd, 2006 at 06:27 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

SilverSpoon,

feel free to dig around the forum, unless Im mistaken, there is a rather lenghty thread on the subject that should have an answer for any question you could have.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Northumberland County)

Thanks for the links and information i appricaate it and will look at the info as i want my permit for this use and others of course.

(Cumberland County)

See my post here.

http://tinyurl.com/jv5x8
    Do not worry about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about the buckshot addressed, "To whom it may concern"

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Carrying laws in PA

hey thanks everyoe for the help i went to the sherrifs office to get my permit application and stuff thanks everyone

Smile Re: Carrying laws in PA

Yeah PA is a great state!
    I live in AZ, and back when I lived in Peoples' Republic of California, I applied for and was honored with a non citizen PA CCW.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carrying laws in PA

Go to http://www.packing.org and select PA. It quotes the statute and provides additional links. Great site, especially if you travel.