Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Range report with the HK VP9

Took the new VP9 right from the FFL to the range to see how it shoots, first impressions are it shoots great. I fired 100rnds total with no issues.

Here is the first 20 rnds at 7yds.

Here is the last 50rnds at 7 yds.

Once I figure out my finger placement on the trigger this group will be centered, I just wanted to put some rnds through it to see how it shoots.

Over all it's a great shooter and the only complaint I have is I that didn't bring more ammo to shoot.

Default Re: Range report with the HK VP9

They seem like nice pistols I almost purchased one but had to keep reminding myself I was there to pick up a Glock 17 and nothing else. I was able to pull myself away from it and move on. How is the availability and cost of spare mags?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    They seem like nice pistols I almost purchased one but had to keep reminding myself I was there to pick up a Glock 17 and nothing else. I was able to pull myself away from it and move on. How is the availability and cost of spare mags?
    They take p30 mags so price is typical HK high. I believe like $50 - $60 a mag. I just bought one myself and have yet to shoot it. It comes with two.
    Last edited by ckellyme3; April 15th, 2015 at 05:58 PM.

(Mercer County)

$40 a piece, when you can find them.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Allegheny County)

Haha, I'm good on G17's, I have 5 of those so it was easy to pick this.

Mags are tough to come by and from what I seen a little pricey, about 45.00 give or take a few. I'll pick up some extras but in no hurry as this gun will only see range duty for now at least.

I can say one thing the trigger has a nice clean break(better than a Glock) and the reset is short.

Quote Originally Posted by ckellyme3 View Post
    They take p30 mags so price is typical HK high. I believe like $60 a mag. I just bought one myself and have yet to shoot it. It comes with two.
    That right there kinda takes it off my want list unless one pop's up on the used market at a very low price, and that don't happen much with H&K.

(Allegheny County)

That right there kinda takes it off my want list unless one pop's up on the used market at a very low price, and that don't happen much with H&K.
    For my Glocks I have a shit ton of mags, they are cheap. I won't go as crazy with HK due to price, I'd be happy with 5 or 6 total.

(York County)

Nice!

This gun is on my short list to check out for my possible next purchase, Between this and a PPQ or just go with an old boring G19,MP9 or ??? for my next striker fired pistol. How is the spare mags situation? I know the PPQ's is hard to find and high priced, have you found that to be the case with the VP9?.

How are the controls as far as hitting them when firing with a high, thumbs forward grip? On my XDm I have a habit of pushing down the slide lock unintentionally, but my glock works fine for that grip.

LOL slow typist here... I see the spare mag issue has been quickly covered by other PAFOA's
    Last edited by Beardog; April 15th, 2015 at 06:04 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Beardog View Post
    Nice!

This gun is on my short list to check out for my possible next purchase, Between this and a PPQ or just go with an old boring G19,MP9 or ??? for my next striker fired pistol. How is the spare mags situation? I know the PPQ's is hard to find and high priced, have you found that to be the case with the VP9?.

How are the controls as far as hitting them when firing with a high, thumbs forward grip? On my XDm I have a habit of pushing down the slide lock unintentionally, but my glock works fine for that grip.
    I had no issues with controls, also helps that I'm left handed.

(Berks County)

On my short list as well , this and the PPQ.... Only waiting to see if they bring out a .40 cal ....if the bring out a VP-40 ....I will be in line .
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast