Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Were is the activity

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Pistols and politics go hand in hand.
    I agree.
    First generation American by birth. Patriotic Veteran by choice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Since your previous post on Sept 25, 2017 there have been 60 new users signed up. Some of them were spammers, but that number was small. Many of those users have gone on to post things in various areas of the forum.

Instead of asking someone else what can be done to make the forum more active, let me ask what have YOU done to make it more active? You've been here since 2009 and have 149 posts.
    I have made numerous negative comments about the joking and irreverent comments from the super members.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by laen3145 View Post
    A perfect example of nonsense.
    You seem to have a low threshold for sarcasm or humor. Not a jab just an observation.

What type of posts would you like to see increase in number? I personally like gun review posts and feel like they have slowed down significantly. I assume that is due to the fact many popular guns have been reviewed here already.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    So....um.....maybe if you post a thread with an actual topic about pistols, such as an issue you're having with yours, or a request for guidance on a particular make/model, a question about pistols, or something along those lines - you will get some discussion about the topic in which you are interested.

A thread about the "lack of activity" is just going to leave you dissatisfied.
    It is a lack of new members and the overwhelming control/responses of the grand members. I feel prospective members are put off by the flippant and joking responses to their concerns.

(Delaware County)

It is a lack of new members and the overwhelming control/responses of the grand members. I feel prospective members are put off by the flippant and joking responses to their concerns.
    There is less of that in the firearms sub-forums.

(Bucks County)

Remember the heydays of CBs? People would talk to each other, which became talking at each other, which became attacking each other, sometimes meeting in person by prior agreement to duke it out. It's the nature of the beasts.

(Allegheny County)

I have made numerous negative comments about the joking and irreverent comments from the super members.
    Sounds like a market opportunity it’s for you. Why not start a new forum? It is easy and cheap to do. You could have a “serious replies only” policy and either delete all objectionable responses as they occur, or simply require moderator approval of every post before it is posted.

In the meantime, do you actually have a question or comment about pistols that you would like to make known?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Sounds like a market opportunity it’s for you. Why not start a new forum? It is easy and cheap to do. You could have a “serious replies only” policy and either delete all objectionable responses as they occur, or simply require moderator approval of every post before it is posted.

In the meantime, do you actually have a question or comment about pistols that you would like to make known?
    I was just looking at the rules of another forum last week and they're exactly like that very strict. If he thinks that the occasional joke or off topic post drives new users away, just imagine what having a strict policy like that does?

Forums in general will always have a "core" group of members that keep it going. New users sign up, many just to get one question answered and then they never come back.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

The core group of regulars on this forum are roughly broken up into a few groups. Those who joined near the beginning, those who joined about half way from the beginning and those who joined within the last couple years. That makes me think this forum has staying power especially for a localized forum. This is just an observation I have recently made.

(Bucks County)

The info and discussion of firearms has a different tone at s&w, the high road, accurate shooter, pistol forum, etc. Each, including our homey little poofa, has its place and time.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast