Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Cool Any one interested in helping train a rookie?

Hello,
    I have only ever been shooting twice in my life, but I am very interested in learning to shoot properly and purchasing a gun in the near future. I am hoping to find a responsible individual who would be willing to help me learn fire-arms safety as well as proper shooting stance etc. I am hoping to find someone who enjoys helping people learn about fire arms safety etc and wouldn't mind shooting with a girl who doesn't really know what she's doing yet.

Shoot me an email if you think you could help me out. Hopefully there's a good teacher some where on this site.

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited by KnowAndUnderstand; April 29th, 2014 at 05:56 PM.

Default Re: Any one interested in helping train a rookie?

are you hot? lol, just kidding, i'm sure someone will take you. AL on the forum takes out alot of new shooter. he's in center city philly tho.

(Northampton County)

My wife, daughter and I are all certified NRA instructors. Send me a PM, I'm sure we can help.

(Washington County)

I was gonna offer then I realized you live on the other side of the state.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Pike County)

I'd suggest you go with NRA instructor. There is nothing wrong if you'll ask (and negotiate) for free orientation (we do it all the times, that's how we lure people into our formal classes ), many includinng myself will do that for a new shooter with good attitude.

If you aren't comfortable with male instructor, then you can contact mrdragon's wife or daughter (I have no reason to doubt fellow instructor's professionalism and am sure, they are fine instructor) or pick someone closer, like Lori Wicen at Wicen's shooting range in Bucks or preferrably someone in your area, if you don't feel like driving for an hour.

As of my offer, I can bring few guns and brief you on basic safety and shooting. This will NOT be a designated NRA approved course (unless we agreed upon it in advance), nor I'll demand ANY payment for my time (just pay for the ammo and range time). And that will be in central bucks (Wicen's), however I can check if center city location is available as well, if you are interested.
    Je suis déplorable

(Montgomery County)

I am a Nra instructor www.redeyedefensivesolutions.com give me a call (215-256-1201) and we can discuss what needs you have and what course would be best for you.
    Kevin
    NRA Member, Class 1 & 3 FFL Dealer, Certified Instructor

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KnowAndUnderstand View Post
    Hello,
    I have only ever been shooting twice in my life, but I am very interested in learning to shoot properly and purchasing a gun in the near future. I am hoping to find a responsible individual who would be willing to help me learn fire-arms safety as well as proper shooting stance etc. I am hoping to find someone who enjoys helping people learn about fire arms safety etc and wouldn't mind shooting with a girl who doesn't really know what she's doing yet.

Shoot me an email if you think you could help me out. Hopefully there's a good teacher some where on this site.

Thanks in Advance!
    Tony Ferrazzoli (FIRE Institute) is doing a one-day hand gun familiarization course in Pittsburgh on Oct. 28. 9:00 to 5:00. $60. You will get to meet other beginners, and handle a variety of hand guns. Very low pressure.

well what type of training you want?? i can help you a lot in this as i am retired army officer and will give you all the basic and important knowledge you need