Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I had to laugh!!

Last edited by mikey; March 6th, 2010 at 01:03 AM.

Default Re: I had to laugh!!

HEY! Watch that old guy rocking crap huh!

If Girls, Girls, Girls was on my radio and I was behind you you wouldn't be able to hear your own radio .... damn great song, reminds me of the strip clubs in Ft. Lauderdale

What a boss!

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Wayne County)

I hear ya!

I've often opined that we Gen-Xers will be the first generation of geriatrics who will still insist upon referring to one another as "Dude" long after we're all wearing Depends and taking Geritol, every day.

I was equally surprised about 10 years ago when my Section Chief, who was in his early sixties at the time, had the largest collection of Rage Against the Machine CDs of anyone I knew.

Aging doesn't have to mean growing old!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Aging doesn't have to mean growing old!

I always said "I may grow old but I'll never grow up" ... and BTW, genX my butt ... I am the tail end of the baby boomers. Remember WE were rocking hard and heavy to the real gods of Rock, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Mountain, Hendrix, Ten Years After .... man I could go on ALL day long about those bands and a hole lot more

Last edited by mikey; March 6th, 2010 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    I'd have to say, my age being exactly between you both, I am more toward the DC side of things. I do however like alot of the newer stuff also.

What surprised me in my OP was that the "old timer" even knew who Motley Crue even was.
    I listen to more new music that old, BIG fan of Disturbed, Papa Roach and quite a few others

That being said I do still listen to a lot of Judas Priest, AC DC, Scorpians, MSG and the 'guitar greats' Satriani, Vai, Johnson

(Wayne County)

Hows this grab you, Dalton? I's cleaning out the closet in our little office/computer room/fly tying room two weeks ago and came across the old stereo turntable that I worked all summer '86 to afford. So I went up in the attic and brought down the old milk crate w/ all my old vinyl albums. I figured they'd be melted from the attic heat. Nope. Primo condition!

Aside from all the old New Wave I used to collect I ran across one that you may appreciate. The album "Not Fragile" by Bachman Turner Overdrive. Sounds just as good as it did 2+ decades ago! Can't say as I've heard any BTO on the radio other than "Takin' care of business." It's a shame, too. They had a lot of good music.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Clarion County)

Good music is good music,then,now,and in the future.We are very much cooler than our parents ever were!! Is it because we're better informed through technology or prior drug damage......hmmm..??Whatever the reason
    ,we are a totally different breed,and that's good,I have a much better relationship with my kids and their friends then I ever had with my father !

And DC, I like your taste in music !

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Aside from all the old New Wave I used to collect I ran across one that you may appreciate. The album "Not Fragile" by Bachman Turner Overdrive. Sounds just as good as it did 2+ decades ago! Can't say as I've heard any BTO on the radio other than "Takin' care of business." It's a shame, too. They had a lot of good music.
    Actually I hated BTO (too bubble gum poppy for me) ... by the time they came around I was full force into Alice Cooper, David Bowie (spiders from Mars era), Mountain, Deep Purple and then Rainbow and (here's one to bring back memories for you old fart) Black Oak Arkansas

I also tended to lean towards offbeat British bands and underground stuff even back then ... stuff like Angel, The Sweet, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed (was a HUGE fan) ... one of my favorite offbeat bands was The Sensational Alex Harvey Band ... fun stuff

Then I went into a 'progressive' era for a short while, Rush, Emerson Lake and Palmer .. that kind of stuff, that didn't last too long

But of course the late 70's SUCKED ASS for good music, god damned Disco crap...... I got into a lot of punk and then when metal came roaring back I was in full force (actually on the road with several Megaforce bands for 4 years) ... and yes I knew 'them', the most famous Megaforce band of all.

But I agree good music is good music, there's a lot of nice progressive metal out right now. As I said before I'm a big Disturbed fan .. the problem though is I don't know half the bands I like because I don't really buy any music any more (unless it is Priest, Ozzy, Satriani, Vai or Michael Schenker) .. I just know what I like on the radio.

And just to really screw with some heads I also listen to Classical, some progressive jazz and 'old school' rock n roll (50's) as well as real blues (Muddy Waters, Bo Diddly, Robert Johnson) and some of the modern blues greats (major Johnny Winter fan). I am also a big Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson fan .. can you tell I don't like to get stuck in one kind of music?

only thing I can't stand is country, rap and the crap you hear on top 40 radio.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast