Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Smile 43 out of favor?

OK, so I was one of those guys who couldn't wait for the single stack 9 from Glock. I bought my 43 for edc, however I soon realized that my prior carry habits didn't change. Elsie Pea in the summer, 19 the rest of the year.
    I sold the 43 and have no regrets. It was a nice, reliable accurate pistol however it had no place in rotation.

Anyone else feel the same??
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: 43 out of favor?

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    OK, so I was one of those guys who couldn't wait for the single stack 9 from Glock. I bought my 43 for edc, however I soon realized that my prior carry habits didn't change. Elsie Pea in the summer, 19 the rest of the year.
    I sold the 43 and have no regrets. It was a nice, reliable accurate pistol however it had no place in rotation.

Anyone else feel the same??
    I feel the opposite.

I bought a XDs 9(single stack) just a month ago and I don't what I did without it. I like the lack of weight on my hip versus my other carry pieces. Less old-man hip aches, less pulling up my britches, smaller than my Rossi 720 44spl/1911/92FS.

I still have my pocket pieces, but they are seeing less duty time.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Carbon County)

I thought about buying a 43 but after looking at the specs it's only about 1/8 inch narrower than my 27.

the other dimensions are very close to the 27.

I can't see giving up the round count for a 1/8 inch slimmer gun

I carry my 27 with a 23 magazine which gives me 13+1 which is double that of the 43

concealability isn't a problem for me
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Beaver County)

If your double stack gun is too heavy just load less ammo in the magazine.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Or get a better belt? I have a aluminum frame gun with 14+1 double stack I carry IWB every day. Once I figured out the belt that I liked that supported best I was fine.

(Bucks County)

Love the G43, it's become my favorite by a large margin. Shootability is hard to believe for such a small weapon
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Love the G43, it's become my favorite by a large margin. Shootability is hard to believe for such a small weapon
    My opinion also,cant beat the accuracy or dependability of the 43,with pearce plus 1 extensions makes for seven rounds,You can control a situation very well and in comfort !But i still rotate wit my glock 19 !

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post

Or get a proper gun belt to wear with it.
    I can now wear a heavy SigSauer 229 with ease because of upgrading to an actual gun belt.
    Made a huge difference.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Butler County)

I don't feel the need for "middle of the road" handguns either. I can carry my 9mm Shield any time of year and essentially do. It's considered by some as "the compact gun which handles like a full size" and is as small as I need. If I need a bigger gun I will go full size with no compromises. This usually means a 4" Dan Wesson three-five-seven or a Hi-Power. Right now I'm kind of window shopping for a CZ75 too. There are very few times I ever want a mouse gun/pocket gun smaller than Shield... except maybe doing laundry in my shorts.

And even then, Shield's belt clip will allow to come along then too. If my Shield was lost, stolen or broken I'd probably get an XDs or a Sig 938 if not just another Shield.

With all this said, I will add that I have never held a Glock that really felt good in my hand. Admittedly I have never shot one though. If you don't enjoy holding it then you probably won't enjoy shooting it either
    Last edited by FJW; September 8th, 2017 at 09:20 AM.

(Allegheny County)

"43 out of favor?"

Actually, the opposite for me. Since 2005 my EDC has been a Glock 19. Last year, I switched over the Walther PPS M2 carried it for 10 months, then earlier this year - April, I made the switch to the Glock 43.

At first it was a love/hate relation with the gun. LOVED carrying it, hated shooting it. Then I decided to get serious with it. Put away all other guns and devoted my time to really "mastering" the 43. I was going to the range weekly, sometimes 2x each week. Additional dry fire practice 2x each week, sometimes 3x.

After about 9-10 weeks - it clicked together. I am now grooved in with my 43. Again, I LOVE carrying it, but now I REALLY like shooting it too. Is it in the same league as my 19 as a shooter - nope, I'm still a little better with the 19 for my needs; but the EASE of carry really out ways everything else for me at this point in my life.

No longer go in harm's way, no longer actively instruct, no longer compete, but I do carry - 100% of the time and the 43 really makes it super easy to do.
    I have three 43s and like the gun a lot, but I will still keep a 19 around too

Headed off to shoot my LEOSA Retired Ofc. qual - yep with my 43.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast