Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Photobucket Demands $400 Ransom to Release Photos

I can still log in on my phone, but I only have @ 140 pics on there. I'm pretty sure everything is backed up, but I'm gonna download them just to be sure before I delete my account.

you know if enough of you exodus, maybe they'll turn it back on for the rest of us.

(Luzerne County)

Looks like it is still working.

troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    A 1-Terabyte My Passport external drive is $60. I don't see why it's worthwhile or safe to store in an outside service. I've managed to get along without posting photos. Years ago I had a photobucket and later a EPIX(?) account for posting on a motorcycle forum. That forum went away, and I never went back to posting photos.
    And not having off site storage makes you susceptible to total loss from fire, flood, or other natural disaster. Two is one, one is none.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    And there is the business model of the cloud. Give the service away for "free" while bombarding the users with ads. Once you have enough of a user base that relies on your free service, start charging for the service. Paying the fee will be less painful than moving to another similar service (or setting up your own {whatever service that just fucked you - image hosting in this case}).
    Same as what banks did with ATMs, and cable TV services where popular chans get pulled and moved to more expensive tiers.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(York County)

BUMP. Just so everyone remembers that Photophucket are a pack of extortionate jackholes who need to eat excrement and die.

Their ransom-based business model will flame out and die before I get tired of reminding folks what a pack of assmasters they are.
    DGAF

(Luzerne County)

Not sure how the selection works but y account is still working fine. Maybe I just do not have a huge amount of pics stored there.

(Allegheny County)

You get the email from them? The one selling weird products?

Must be the "big plan" to stay afloat since almost no-fucking-body is going to pay $400/yr to host photos to post on forums.

Amazing Summer Deals for the Entire Family

Photobucket is excited to bring you, PBDeals, a website that offers unique, hand-selected products at amazing prices that we are sure you will love. It's just another way for us to show our appreciation for your continued support of Photobucket!

DetraPel Liquid Repellent

DetraPel is a water based, non-toxic, super hydrophobic liquid repellent spray. DetraPel provides a clear, protective and durable coating to any solid material so liquid just slides off without any staining.It is portable, eco-friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable and non-corrosive. If applied correctly, it will last anywhere up to a year.

Amazing Summer Deals for the Entire Family!

Slawsa Ultimate Mix 6-Pack!

Slawsa is the perfect addition to class up your condiment repertoire for your summer grilling events. Slawsa is a delicious cabbage-based relish with addictive heat undertones that is healthier, more versatile and far more flavorful than the traditional condiments on the market.
    FREE SHIPPING!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You get the email from them? The one selling weird products?

Must be the "big plan" to stay afloat since almost no-fucking-body is going to pay $400/yr to host photos to post on forums.

Amazing Summer Deals for the Entire Family

Photobucket is excited to bring you, PBDeals, a website that offers unique, hand-selected products at amazing prices that we are sure you will love. It's just another way for us to show our appreciation for your continued support of Photobucket!

DetraPel Liquid Repellent

DetraPel is a water based, non-toxic, super hydrophobic liquid repellent spray. DetraPel provides a clear, protective and durable coating to any solid material so liquid just slides off without any staining.It is portable, eco-friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable and non-corrosive. If applied correctly, it will last anywhere up to a year.

Amazing Summer Deals for the Entire Family!

Slawsa Ultimate Mix 6-Pack!

Slawsa is the perfect addition to class up your condiment repertoire for your summer grilling events. Slawsa is a delicious cabbage-based relish with addictive heat undertones that is healthier, more versatile and far more flavorful than the traditional condiments on the market.
    FREE SHIPPING!
    No email no error message. Just keeps on working. I have maybe 450 pics on it.

(Allegheny County)

I signed up on Flickr (Yahoo) for now, but I'm considering using a PAID image hosting site to hopefully lessen the odds of being fucked over again.
    I understand that Verizon bought Flickr, so who knows what will happen down the road.

I'm looking into Smugmug. It's $50/year for the basic plan and has unlimited uploads and unlimited file sizes - all saved at their original size.
    It's geared more for pro photographers, but the basic plan is mostly just a "storage" plan.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast