Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Post Anyone tried the 15-round Tactical Solution's mag for Advantage Arms conversion kit?

I've got an Advantage Arms conversion kit for my Gen4 G19 that works nicely. It came with a 10 round mag, and they have 10-round and 25-round mags available from Adv Arms. The 25-round mags extend past the grip, so not thrilled about that option.

Found a 15-round magazine from Tactical Solutions that is built for the AA kit...which sounds great. Same round count as my normal 9mm magazines, and flush with the butt of the grip. A little pricey but more interested in quality...anyone tried these, any issues/feedback?

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/15...ock-conversion

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Anyone tried the 15-round Tactical Solution's mag for Advantage Arms conversion k

I didn't even know they existed. Thanks for posting the link. I'll probably just order one next week and give it a try.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Anyone tried the 15-round Tactical Solution's mag for Advantage Arms conversion k

Heck! I didn't even know you could get extra/replacement magazines ! I think I'll probably pick up 2 of the AA 10 rounders for that price! But thank you for bringing the subject up!

Cb

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    I didn't even know they existed. Thanks for posting the link. I'll probably just order one next week and give it a try.
    Very cool - keep us posted how it performs. What kinda ammo you usually putting through your AA kit? Blazer and CCI Mini Mags so far seem good...

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Heck! I didn't even know you could get extra/replacement magazines ! I think I'll probably pick up 2 of the AA 10 rounders for that price! But thank you for bringing the subject up!

Cb
    Advantage Arms has their 10 & 25 round mags available through their website, and these are Gen4 compatible (matters to me as I'm a south paw and the mag release is on the other side for my G19):

10 rounds @ $25
    25 rounds @ $40

http://www.advantagearms.com/

CheaperThanDirt! actually has them for the lowest price I could find, but not sure if they are Gen4 compatible:

10 rounds @ 14.40: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2MGAACLE1923-1.html
    25 rounds @ 28.78: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2MGAA22GHC25-1.html

(Washington County)

I've been using the cheaperthandirt magazines in my Gen4 compact kit without issue.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jgnp15333 View Post
    I've been using the cheaperthandirt magazines in my Gen4 compact kit without issue.
    Did you notice if they have the mag-release indent on both sides of the mag? (For us southpaws with the mag release on the right hande side...)

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Norun6 View Post
    Did you notice if they have the mag-release indent on both sides of the mag? (For us southpaws with the mag release on the right hande side...)

I just checked them and can say that the mags from cheaperthandirt are identical, in every way, to the one that came with the AA kit; I'm betting they came off the same presses. So, if the factory one works well with the ambi-realease, I would bet that these would as well.

Hijack in progress: So, has anyone figured out how to straighten out these kits yet? I did the whole "polish-the-crap-out-of-the-rubbing-parts-deal" and still have more FTE's than I'd like. I have not tried the recommended shortening of the right ear of the mags yet though. . .

Does anyone have a secret recipe for success?
    Last edited by jgnp15333; January 21st, 2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: My other left - D'oh!

(Westmoreland County)

I just checked them and can say that the mags from cheaperthandirt are identical, in every way, to the one that came with the AA kit; I'm betting they came off the same presses. So, if the factory one works well with the ambi-realease, I would bet that these would as well.
    OK, great, thanks.

Hijack in progress: So, has anyone figured out how to straighten out these kits yet? I did the whole "polish-the-crap-out-of-the-rubbing-parts-deal" and still have more FTE's than I'd like. I have not tried the recommended shortening of the right ear of the mags yet though. . .

Does anyone have a secret recipe for success?
    What ammo are you shooting?

I've tried two types of 22LR so far - Blazer 40 grain and some generic Federal 40 grain...the Federal was failing left & right (which is fine, AA lists it on their do-not-use-list).

With the Blazer, out of ~225 rounds across two trips to the range with it, only 1 FTE. Have some CCI Mini Mags (High Velocity) that will try next trip as those seem to be the most widely recommended for the AA Kit.

(Philadelphia County)

Mine has only been to the range twice. Both times I used Mini Mags and had no issues whatsoever. But I'm just under 100 rounds through the kit so I haven't even gotten it dirty yet. I have a G26 kit but I also grabbed a few G19 AA mags and put grip spacers on them so that it will be easier for my wife to train with it.

I bought my kit and my extra mags from Cross Creek Guns. Pricing is good and I've had good transactions with this vendor going back a few years.

Advantage Arms
    10rd 22LR magazines for the AA Glock conversion kits. $38 shipped for a pair! (includes $5 shipping)
    Additional mags may be added at only $15 ea and no extra shipping charge!

Contact us if you wish to purchase only 1 mag ($20 shipped)

Made for Glock 17-22, 19-23, 20-21, 26-27, 29-30

I haven't purchased the Tactical Solutions mag yet. I did a quick google search to see if anything would pop up on the radar. I never really got through all the hits. I did find one random post about the mags being problematic when loaded to capacity but I didn't read through the whole thread to see if it was resolved. When I get a chance I'll do a little more digging.

I don't mind paying if they're good mags but 2 mags with shipping is over $82.
    I can get 5 of the AA mags from CrossCreek for $83 shipped. Just sayin...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast