Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default No Carry Signs..

I know there are many many threads that refer to this, and I know they carry no weight. But for my own comfort I would like to know the exact reasoning behind it. The statutes and all that would be appreciated.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: No Carry Signs..

There is no statute giving power to the signs, so by default - the sign bear no authority.

It may be possible that they may serve as first warning for Trespassing. I think the forum jury is still out on that one.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

XD,
    Have you seen "no guns" signs around here? (Pittsburgh)
    Other than the post office, I've not seen one.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    XD,
    Have you seen "no guns" signs around here? (Pittsburgh)
    Other than the post office, I've not seen one.
    I believe sportsmans warehouse on camp horn has one, besides that i cant think of any..

Besides the usual no-no's that is

(Cumberland County)

doesn't a private business have that ability? Just like the no shirt or shoe signs?

i assume it goes like this... they put the no guns signs up because thats their policy and they dont want you carrying in there, but there is not a law in PA stating if an establishment has that sign and you still go in your breaking a law. But an establishment can ask you to leave for breaking their policy, but just because you broke their policy doesn't mean its a legal matter. So if you would bend over and they'd see it print of whatever, they may ask you to leave. as long as you say ok, whatever your wishes are and you walk out calmly no legal action can be taken. If you start going off on a rant about your rights, they can come and get you for a trespass.

(Cambria County)

I know Gander Mt. has a sign up that "All Firearms are to be taken directly to the Customer Service Desk." Then they call a salesman from that department to come and carry it back. I think this is just to make the customers feel better. And I can deal with that.
    On the bottom of this statement, it tells you that those carrying a firearm with a concealed carry permit are exempt from this. I thought that was pretty good of them.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    I believe sportsmans warehouse on camp horn has one, besides that i cant think of any..

Besides the usual no-no's that is
    Ill have to go read the one at Sportsmans, I was there last night, we bought Vicky a ZC compact 9mm, the sales man said it would be a bit heavy for a woman to carry... I pulled up my shirt and said sh ehas been carrrying this mod 66 .357 all day, the guys eyes popped out. He only told me that i was not supposed to carry in there, and then said but if you have it, she is not carrying it... I then pulled up my shirt more and showed him my 9mm and 2 mags, He said at least on that one you dont have it loaded. I said Yeah, there is a 16 rd mag in the gun.
    All in all he did not persue it, we bought the gun and left.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Luzerne County)

RE: Cabelas.

They have very recently changed their corp policy:

See below:

Good Afternoon Mike

Thank you for the recent email. I am very sorry for the confusion that took place at our retail location.
    Our corporate office has taken action in regards to the below mentioned issue and here is what has been decided.
    We have made the decision to comply with state laws in regards to open carry. We do not ask customers to check concealed or open carry weapons where the state has laws governing this situation. Our signs refer to firearms that are being returned or sold to Cabela's.

If you are still having problems please feel free to let us know

Thanks again

Becky
    Lead Associate
    Cabela's Retail Information
    1-800-905-2731
    retail.contactgroup@cabelas.com

(Cambria County)

How can someone that makes their living off of selling firearms put a sign in the window telling you your not welcome to carry in their store. DUHHHHH. I would have to take my business elsewhere.

I was at Sporting Good Outfitters in Giestown the other day. Some guy asked about what he needed to do to bring in a firearm for them to look at for a trade. They guy told him to just carry it in. He then told the guy that since they sell pistols, they figure most of those that are in there checking them out are probably carrying. He looked around and about 4 customers all nodded that they currently had pistols on them. Some pulled shirts up and showed them, others just patted certain areas of their bodies. He pulled up his shirt to show his and the other salesman behind the counter pulled his shirt up to show his. What a warm and fuzzy feeling. All these concealed weapons and no one getting hurt. Isn't it amazing.

I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if someone had come in at that time to try and rob them.

If my gun shop forbids me from carrying. I take my business elsewhere.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast