Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    no they wait till someone else does then steals it ....... like any other gun.
    Eh, sometimes. But not all of the time.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Eh, sometimes. But not all of the time.
    criminals are generally opportunists they take whats easiest to get if someone built one and it was easy to get they would take it, Criminals don't really differentiate 80% or not.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    The problem I see with home built glocks there are sometimes serial numbers on the slide or barrel that the cops may run and who knows where those numbers end up, especially if you got the parts from one of those guys that demilled evidence guns.
    so serialize it still doesn't have to go in the database, all P80's have a plate to laser engrave a number if you so choose. still better than being on the sales database and if they can't find evidence that it was used in a crime well they are out of luck. As for the use of oem from someone else it is a possibility but I haven't come across anyone it's been an issue for and I am in several builder groups.

If some criminal gang sets up a little shop in some garage, where they take 80% receivers and finish them in bulk, while buying up all the slides and barrels and parts kits, to sell them to other criminals, that's ALREADY ILLEGAL. Probably a dozen laws at least are being violated, from manufacturing guns for others without an FFL, to knowingly transferring handguns in violation of PA law, to knowingly providing firearms to prohibited persons.

If it's already illegal, then there's no "loophole". A "loophole" is when a corrupt politician launders her bribes through a "charity" that does no charitable work. It's not a loophole when a criminal obtains a gun and commits multiple crimes just by touching it.

As always, these are schemes to make it harder for the law-abiding to lawfully obtain guns.

The main reason that 80% guns exist is because neo-fascists keep demanding that all guns be registered so that they can eventually round them up.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If some criminal gang sets up a little shop in some garage, where they take 80% receivers and finish them in bulk, while buying up all the slides and barrels and parts kits, to sell them to other criminals, that's ALREADY ILLEGAL. Probably a dozen laws at least are being violated, from manufacturing guns for others without an FFL, to knowingly transferring handguns in violation of PA law, to knowingly providing firearms to prohibited persons.

If it's already illegal, then there's no "loophole". A "loophole" is when a corrupt politician launders her bribes through a "charity" that does no charitable work. It's not a loophole when a criminal obtains a gun and commits multiple crimes just by touching it.

As always, these are schemes to make it harder for the law-abiding to lawfully obtain guns.

The main reason that 80% guns exist is because neo-fascists keep demanding that all guns be registered so that they can eventually round them up.
    Ok you said it better than I did lol

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There's no loophole. The moment the felon or other prohibited person gets the lower functional, he's committed a felony. That's not a loophole, it's a crime, same as if he bought it out of a van behind the Walmart, or stole it out of a home.

Focus on the violent criminals, not on excuses to gradually disarm the law-abiding.
    Correct. It's illegal under PA and federal law for convicted felons to possess firearms. Period. An "80%" receiver cannot fire, and cannot expel a projectile. Ergo, it is not a firearm. Convicted felons are not prohibited from possessing hunks of metal. Once the hunk of metal has been further machined into a functional receiver, it is then a firearm and convicted felons are prohibited from possessing it. It's pretty simple -- all the PSP need to do is follow the rules.

The problem is the PSP want to engage in prior restraint. They want to be able to arrest people for possessing a firearm before they possess a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001
    Maybe if DA's didn't routinely toss all the gun charges to get a plea deal, and if they always charged the girlfriends who made the straw purchases, then we'd have fewer armed bad guys.
    But then they might have to work to get convictions. Trials are such messy things, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Correct. It's illegal under PA and federal law for convicted felons to possess firearms. Period. An "80%" receiver cannot fire, and cannot expel a projectile. Ergo, it is not a firearm. Convicted felons are not prohibited from possessing hunks of metal. Once the hunk of metal has been further machined into a functional receiver, it is then a firearm and convicted felons are prohibited from possessing it. It's pretty simple -- all the PSP need to do is follow the rules.

The problem is the PSP want to engage in prior restraint. They want to be able to arrest people for possessing a firearm before they possess a firearm.

But then they might have to work to get convictions. Trials are such messy things, ya know?
    I will say that if a felon or other prohibited person spends the money on an 80% receiver, and also spends a few hundred dollars on the barrel and slide and associated parts, that shows evidence of intent to commit a criminal act, so that might be a basis for charging the prohibited person, same as if you have an AR stocked lower and a shorty upper and no rifle-length upper in your possession.

Not saying we couldn't beat the charges, but it would be a contest.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firear

Got a response letter mailed to me today from my state Rep. She agrees that our gov and AG are off their rockers and the tax payers now have to foot the bill for legal action related to this crap.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    The money saved on building your own pistol will cost you more in lawyers fees later. It's like carrying that pistol you bought while living in another state, before you moved to PA, but still carry. Because it's not on the "not a registry", it is suspect. Shouldn't be that way, but it is.
    Man oh man, some of you need to stop posting what you believe! The law & FACTS don’t give a damn about your feelings! This isn’t an “IMHO” kinda thread! No Pennsylvania Police Officer has the right to stop a person, SOLELY on their carrying a firearm! The PA Supreme Court has RULED on this! Put a stamp on it, mark it, CASE CLOSED! Now, will it still happen? Well of course! But honestly, I would invite...why I would dare..., nay, I would BEG an officer to do this to me! Whatever money lost on the gun and legalities would be chicken feed to what would be settled upon or awarded in a 4th Amend violation lawsuit.

And on a side note, handguns..no firearms actually are built to save money. I have been building rifles & pistols since ‘05 because The Lord has blessed me with the gifts to. And it’s become a passion. I’d be willing to bet almost every other builder feels the same. Can’t really build cheaper, but you can build BETTER cheaper. My ARs for instance, are better than anything by any manufacturer, considering what I spend. Then again, my ARs are better than any that can be purchased. LOL.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Man oh man, some of you need to stop posting what you believe! The law & FACTS don’t give a damn about your feelings! This isn’t an “IMHO” kinda thread! No Pennsylvania Police Officer has the right to stop a person, SOLELY on their carrying a firearm! The PA Supreme Court has RULED on this! Put a stamp on it, mark it, CASE CLOSED! Now, will it still happen? Well of course! But honestly, I would invite...why I would dare..., nay, I would BEG an officer to do this to me! Whatever money lost on the gun and legalities would be chicken feed to what would be settled upon or awarded in a 4th Amend violation lawsuit.

And on a side note, handguns..no firearms actually are built to save money. I have been building rifles & pistols since ‘05 because The Lord has blessed me with the gifts to. And it’s become a passion. I’d be willing to bet almost every other builder feels the same. Can’t really build cheaper, but you can build BETTER cheaper. My ARs for instance, are better than anything by any manufacturer, considering what I spend. Then again, my ARs are better than any that can be purchased. LOL.
    It's not his opinion it is Fact, if you carry a gun that isn't in their registry sooner or later you will have to fight to keep it/get it back. I've built my own for years but they are for range use because it wouldnt be worth the effort when hassled.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast