Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: CeasefirePA - in their own words

Here is what CeaseFire PA had to say just yesterday.

On June 5th, CeasefirePA rallied along side Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Mothers in Charge, as well as other gun violence prevention groups, individual activists, and PA State House representatives and PA State Senators. The rally, hosted in the Capitol Rotunda in Harrisburg, focused on support for three bills in particular: House Bills 1010, 1479, and 1515.

The proposed bills (in order) would expand background checks to include long guns and assault rifles; create a statewide requirement to report lost or stolen guns; and ban large-capacity ammunition magazines. "If we're going to require [background checks] for handguns, why not assault rifles? Why not for shotguns?" said Representative Steve Santarseiro (D-31) on house bill 1010, which he sponsored and already has support from 50 house members.

House Bill 1479 does not affect those who legally purchased large capacity ammunition magazines, and instead only imposes penalties for those who possess or buy more than 15 rounds of ammunition in a magazine at a time.

Proposed by Representative Madeleine Dean (D-153), House Bill 1515 would crack down on illegal gun trafficking by requiring gun owners to report lost or stolen firearms within 72 hours of knowledge. "This problem is multi-layer," said Dean, "It affects every one of us." As Executive Director of CeasefirePA said of the rally, "We're back today to ask the legislature why you haven't done anything." CeaseFirePA urged the crowd to keep coming back and make it clear that legislators need to show that they are standing up for Pennsylvanians.

(Bucks County)

Need to read more from paid liar, Shira Goodman, executive director of CeaseFire PA?

Check out CeasefirePA's Executive Director Shira Goodman's editorial in today's Philadelphia Daily News. This Mother's Day, "we sent a clear message: We are not going away; we are here for the long haul. The fight for commonsense gun laws, such as background checks for every gun sale, is a fight we will win."

Read full article here.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    Need to read more from paid liar, Shira Goodman, executive director of CeaseFire PA?

Let me guess. Another, ultra far left, ex-hippie, feminist hag.

(Bucks County)

Most likely. I've heard her speak three times and in-person, she makes it very clear that she wants all guns gone. She controls their Facebook site and doesn't allow anyone to post in opposition of her views. And, she seems to love Bloomberg which tells me enough about her and her anti-gun goals.

She controls their Facebook site and doesn't allow anyone to post in opposition of her views.
    to her credit she was allowing a fair bit of debate on the page. Until it was brought up about the financials of "non-profit" CFPA making a $90,000 PROFIT last fiscal year and the previous ED making $68,000 in compensation.

Review the previous years IRS forms here http://www.guidestar.org/organizatio...sefire-pa.aspx

Print them out and take them to the next CFPA rally and ask her on video to explain them.

(Lancaster County)

Most likely. I've heard her speak three times and in-person, she makes it very clear that she wants all guns gone.
    This is precisely why our goal must be no less than making the anti gun political movement entirely gone forever. If you have an opposition who will settle for nothing less than eventual total eradication of our side, there can only be one winner. We MUST do no less than take the culture and population totally away from them--education, cities, media, entertainment all as time and opportunity allow, we cannot grant them ANYTHING as a given. Even by as small steps as we can accomplish at a time, EVERYTHING must be a win, moving the markers forward. We must work towards completely ripping up the roots of the problem to where it cannot grow again.

In our own state, Scranton, Harrisburg, Pittsburg, even Philly, we still have one thing that NY, MA, and NJ gun owners do not: we can get new people to our side. They can see and try things we enjoy without them having an extensive obstruction process preventing them unless they already go out of their way to jump through lots of hoops which if they were willing to do so they'd be on our side already anyway. We MUST tear down the "Blue Wall" in PA and IT IS POSSIBLE.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; June 7th, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The way we win this war is by dropping larger politics and embracing anyone from any walk of life of any race, creed, gender, orientation, social status, income bracket, economic philosophy, etc, who is for individual rights so long as they don't stop short of RKBA. I've found that you don't even need to like or understand a person's way of life to find common ground on issues relating to the individual freedom to be left alone by know-it-alls. It just takes a willingness to openly engage with them.

If you know anyone who isn't into guns or is afraid of them, take them to the range, teach them basic safety, show them how to shoot, let them shoot your ammo. Get them into something that is instantly fun like metallic silhouette or plate shooting with .22 lr. Help them pick out their first gun. Repeat.
    Hmmm...I wonder if we could get gun ranges to sponsor "bring a friend" day. Possibly a warm, carnival like/type atmosphere. Welcome booths, meet and greet, food, safety courses and of course outdoor shooting of fun things...soda cans, plate shooting, etc.

The reason I say this, is most ranges have been packed out on weekends and this is about the only time my friends could go. I guess the ranges could block out 8AM-12PM or something along those lines? I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud and maybe someone else could add to this another way of getting people out.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Lancaster County)

^ An excellent idea indeed, and I'm surprised this hasn't been underway here for a long time already. As mentioned above, the big advantage we have here that we need to take advantage of is that people who aren't gun oriented can try something then buy what they like freely here, unlike in NY, MA, and NJ (and soon to be MD) where they have to get a license first. We MUST make this a priority.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Hmmm...I wonder if we could get gun ranges to sponsor "bring a friend" day. Possibly a warm, carnival like/type atmosphere. Welcome booths, meet and greet, food, safety courses and of course outdoor shooting of fun things...soda cans, plate shooting, etc.
    Palmyra Sportsman's Club has 'Field Day' sometime in September October every year, doing just this. I recommend it to everyone in the local area.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post

The reason I say this, is most ranges have been packed out on weekends and this is about the only time my friends could go. I guess the ranges could block out 8AM-12PM or something along those lines? I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud and maybe someone else could add to this another way of getting people out.
    I go the range a few times per week. Between 3 and 5, usually short trips to test loads and shoot some groups, and practice defensive shooting. I try to bring someone out at least once every two weeks. I make the effort because I believe in the cause. It's more uplifting/fulfilling for me to fight back this way than it is to joust with antis or preach to the choir.

-D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast