Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: Who carries a weapon light on their edc?

Some basic fundamental wants and needs are common across the board. The ability to fire with both hands, have a free hand while still being able to control a weapon, identify potential threats, and identify your target are all things everyone has in common.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaulWolf View Post
    Some basic fundamental wants and needs are common across the board. The ability to fire with both hands, have a free hand while still being able to control a weapon, identify potential threats, and identify your target are all things everyone has in common.
    Exactly!

Update: I installed a streamlight tlr 1 hl on my S&W M&P 2.0 9mm. I love it and it carries/conceals easily in a Bravo Concealment owb holster.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Lawrence County)

I've actually found my G23 w/ TLR-1HL in a Bravo Concealment IWB pretty easy to carry and conceal if I go AIWB. Eventually I want to get a Tier 1 Agis. Otherwise I go with a Safariland ALS and OC.

Allegheny County, Robinson Twnshp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Chimichanga View Post
    the needs of military & law enforcement have very little in common with your average concealed carrier, we would all be walking around in plate carriers with utility belts & drop leg holsters if that were the case.
    What the police need to apprehend the predators who would prey on you and your family has little in common with what you would need to protect yourself from those same people in the first place. Got it, makes sense.

Also, “you don’t need what the police do” is one of the most common arguments for taking away standard capacity magazines, semi automatic rifles, semi automatic pistols, etc. from the public.

Allegheny County, Robinson Twnshp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

I've actually found my G23 w/ TLR-1HL in a Bravo Concealment IWB pretty easy to carry and conceal if I go AIWB. Eventually I want to get a Tier 1 Agis. Otherwise I go with a Safariland ALS and OC.
    Two of my close friends carry IWB appendix, G 19’s with full size pistol lights, an X300 and a TLR-something. They both conceal very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger P229 View Post
    What the police need to apprehend the predators who would prey on you and your family has little in common with what you would need to protect yourself from those same people in the first place. Got it, makes sense.

Also, “you don’t need what the police do” is one of the most common arguments for taking away standard capacity magazines, semi automatic rifles, semi automatic pistols, etc. from the public.
    Relax Rambo, we are talking about weaponlights here, not some disarmament agenda. If you believe the threats you encounter on a daily basis are the same as military or LEO, by all means, equip yourself accordingly.

Not everyone wants to walk around with a brick in their pants but thankfully we live in a free state & there's a market for everything.

(Lawrence County)

If you believe the threats you encounter on a daily basis are the same as military or LEO, by all means, equip yourself accordingly.
    That's kinda the point. There's a lot of commonality between what law enforcement and civilians have to do in regards to legal force encounters. Good control and shooting techniques, threat and target identification, and positively identifying the target. Weapon lights help with that. It's not a requirement, but it's beneficial. The reasons why have already been stated.

Not everyone wants to walk around with a brick in their pants but thankfully we live in a free state & there's a market for everything.
    There's always the option not to. Some lights take up more space than others, and there's a variety of quality lights available. The common ones tend to be later, though more compact lights are coming out that are good options. Not all lights are going to be bulky.

Options are good, and the benefits are there; ignoring then is ignorance. Getting the best and most use it of your chosen firearm and accompanying accessories is going to depend on the quality of the training and practice you get.

Also, rude or snarky remarks are poor form

(Chester County)

Relax Rambo, we are talking about weaponlights here, not some disarmament agenda. If you believe the threats you encounter on a daily basis are the same as military or LEO, by all means, equip yourself accordingly.

The criminals who the police deal with are the same criminals who are victimizing non-police citizens. You have the option to carry, and if you choose to carry you can customize your needs accordingly. That being said, to think non law enforcement people don’t encounter the same criminals the police do is very naive.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Delaware County)

That's kinda the point. There's a lot of commonality between what law enforcement and civilians have to do<snip>
    Pet peeve:

Law enforcement ARE civilians. Military are not.

My 2¢

(Lawrence County)

I use the terms to differentiate between LEO and non-LEO. It's not meant as derogatory.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast