Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 93 123451151 ... LastLast

Default ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY*** UPDATED INFO IN OP***

Updated info below. Massive march on 1/7/18. Will be attended by Kaitlin Bennett.

Facebook event notice;

https://www.facebook.com/events/302236857083148/

POOFA Roll call thread.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=342509

UPDATES:

There will be guest speakers will a podium and microphone set up.

The Pittsburgh Police have been notified and are on board and being cooperative.

A permit has been obtained due to the potential to impede traffic (auto or foot).

Rally starts at noon at the Pittsburgh City-County building on 414 Grant Street.

If you have facebook, please try to follow the link above where the discussions are. Here's some info from the guy trying to bring it all together,

"Anyone showing up is ask to Meet outside Pittsburgh mayor Bill Pedutos office on grant street to stand together and protest his unconstitutional bill proposal that infringes on our 2nd amendment rights.

Everyone is asked to show up in front of the city county building. You may carry if you choose to. If you do please do it in a safe and responsible manner."

I know some don't like the wording of the flyer, but the guy is doing the best he can and appears amenable to feedback.

If there's other details you would like me to update, please ask, or reach out at the event thread on Facebook.

RL's channel for live streams.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO5...CT2RZgvOLCk7wQ

Lawyer.

https://jmurphyfirm.com/
    Last edited by Justin///M; January 5th, 2019 at 07:42 PM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

Couple ways of looking at this one, Justin.

One is that you're going to represent. It's not a bad idea. Worked great for African Americans in the Jim Crow South. Else Parks kept her seat, got arrested. People got blasted with fire hoses. Bit by dogs. People had already integrated schools in the years before. Now people just wanted to use public services without having to deal with racist crap. Who can blame them? I sure don't.

What ended Jim Crow was disgust at the over reaction. People realized that this wasn't the right way to treat people.

Toting a gun is different. Most of us in the gun community ignore it. Most non shooters? Depends. You're going to get bad reaction from open carry. Especially a military looking rifle.

Open carry during a State of Emergency? Even a bogus State of Emergency. You're gonna get arrested. Fine, good. Just like Rosa Parks. While you're screaming about your rights people are watching TV. They're going to see the message that the Elites like Mike Bloomberg want us to see. You. Hollering. Holding a rifle.

You're not going to reach people in the right way. You're going to get on the News. You'll be labeled as a "kook", "out of touch", and be made fun off by Elitists. Expect it. I think that you'll encourage Peduto and his silly friends. They'll figure "This is the kind of lunatic fringe which owns these weapons of war, these killers of innocent people".

You're going to help Bill Peduto to get his foolish laws.

People who are our friends are going to back off fast.

Alcohol prohibition didn't end because people gathered on side walks drinking beer. Marijuana prohibition didn't end in a few States because of smoke ins.

Quiet public pressure is what worked. Quiet public pressure is why we're not paying $200.00 to get an occupation tax stamp for a break open shotgun. Letters. Phone calls. Quiet visits. Courteousness. Making people see the light, or if they need it, feel the heat.

We have to appear as sober and realistic people. The crime stats support this view. If "assault weapons" were so lethal there would be millions of killings, not hundreds of killings. We're not a problem. People who use guns for crime, to settle drug debts, to enforce sales turf, followed by robbery and then domestic violence are the problem. Bill won't go after them, we're an easy target. So he thinks.

In this specific case? Don't open carry. On the balance it's not going to help us. If you want to help Bill Peduto? Why are you here?

(Westmoreland County)

Reader's Digest Version

Open carrying "assault weapons" on Pittsburgh streets is a gift to Bill Peduto. He'll point to the carriers of these firearms as "kooks". "Look at these kooks, trying to scare us. We need to show these kooks that our people power is strong. We need to prevail over these kooks!".

Such help we do not need.

Quiet protests and preparation to smash Bill's mischief in Court is what will work. Getting our lawyers together. Getting the legal defense fund together. Reaching out to friends of Bill, never to threaten but to reason and persuade. "This isn't the right thing to do". "Why is he doing this to people who are not breaking any laws?" "Why will gun control work when Alcohol prohibition and marijuana laws don't work?"

Bill is seeking a consensus. We need to snatch away his consensus. We need to remind him that he's not on the side of goodness and light. He's wrong. He and his friends are the ones who are on the outs. They are the ones who are against the tide of history. Gun control is not popular. If gun control were popular we would not own much of anything, like people in Great Britain. That's not true, because most people don't care. People mind their own business.

Bill needs to mind his own business. His business is the City of Pittsburgh. His business is not changing gun laws. We need to convince him that he's wrong. Through quiet persuasion and by halting him in Court.
    Last edited by GeneCC; December 5th, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

(Lycoming County)

1. Since I know Justin has a LTCF he's perfectly legal to open carry anything, even during the soe.

2. If it's a big enough rally, it could have an effect. Open carry or not a showing isn't necessarily a bad thing. The gun banners have no problems parading around in protest, we can do the same. One guy is meaningless, 10 guys could be kooks, if he could get 100 that's a statement.

3. Hiding in the shadows isn't doing us any good. There's a time and place for this kind of thing, I don't see this as a bad time or place.

I wish I could join you, but I have to work this time of year. I can't afford to take the time off right now. I'll try and help you get the word out if you can rally some people for this.

I don't care about looking like a kook. I will stand there, like a kook, holding my sign and rifle by myself if I have to.

This happens with everything we want to do. "Oh we can do this, we can't do that, we will look like this, or that, you can't wear this, you should wear that."

Tired of it. I'm ready to be a kook.

This is about civil disobedience in the face of a tyrant.

And costing the taxpayers of Pittsburgh a lot of money if need be.

I appreciate the input Gene, I really do, but I'm not going to not do this because some think I might "hurt the cause."

There is no cause.

And it may not be this Friday. I think the day it's enacted will be better. I WANT to be in violation of their law.

(Chester County)

Full dress battle gear and be ready to go. No empty mags. Could be the shot heard round the world again. Show those pussified cuck men what you're ready to do to protect your firearm rights.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I know you want to do it right away, but the perfect day for a Pittsburgh OC event would be on Patriot's Day, which will be April 15, 2019. It would be a little less kook-ish if it was partly a historical celebration.

(Lancaster County)

Dibs on your tractor!
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I know you want to do it right away, but the perfect day for a Pittsburgh OC event would be on Patriot's Day, which will be April 15, 2019. It would be a little less kook-ish if it was partly a historical celebration.
    We would certainly have a chance at a better turnout with a little more notice given.

I agree, proposal day, next Friday, isn't the day. I would love to do enactment day, so I'll keep my eyes open for that. Otherwise sometime after enactment day as well. We won't be able to discuss it here, though, because then we'll be advocating activity in violation of the law.

Page 1 of 93 123451151 ... LastLast