(Delaware County)

Default Re: Road Rage defense

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    so many memes to choose for this one.
    I like ScarJo

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Makes me wonder if maybe its a liberal troll, trying to goad us into saying "we would smoke that jackwagon" or something similar.
    To try and parade it around as proof of crazy gunowners or to possibly use as evidence under forthcoming ERPO/red flag laws..
    Not finding any evidence of that. Everything he's said checks out. Just a new gun owner that's trying to learn.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Not finding any evidence of that. Everything he's said checks out. Just a new gun owner that's trying to learn.
    Yea i checked his post history when roy mentioned it.
    Very very new gun owner.

Ill retract that comment.

(Montgomery County)

If we take him at his word based on all of his posts, he is a new transplant from NYC with no 2A experience at all, and he got his first gun very recently.
    We can give him the benefit of the doubt and guide him along the right path so he may fully travel into the light.
    That's my take on it unless he goes full potato on us.

Edit to add: Streak beat me to it :P
    Edit 2 to add: and Roy!

Damn you guys are on the ball today.
    I really need a decent meal and a nap.
    -
    Last edited by Berncly; August 28th, 2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: edit to add
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

If you can't see tires of the vehicle in front of you, you're too close for a speedy escape.

(Delaware County)

There seems to be a level of maturity missing from the op...I have had many approach my car for nothing else than to intimidate...never had to pull my weapon. Flicked the jerks off and went on my way. Yet, here I am today...

Your first responsibility, even when carrying (especially when carrying), is to attempt to flee the threat. I'm not saying turn your back and run, but to de-escalate. WE are expected and have the duty to de-escalate so no one is shot, justifiably or not.

Your car is your best friend in this situation. If you really fear for your life, drive through and over whatever you need to and I'd suggest going directly to the police station and filing a report. If they're stupid enough to follow you to the police station in a rage, they'll really get what they deserve.

Just like with protesters in Baltimore beating on your car and threatening you...if you have to push their car out of the way or they become a speedbump by their own doing, it's still better than shooting someone you do not have to and

1.) Dealing with the legal ramifications.
    2.) Having to live with that on your concscience (don't be the tough guy claiming it won't bother you...it will)
    3.) Having your kids witness that.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

If I can escape safely. That is my first reaction. Also when I say safely I don't necessarily mean following all of the traffic laws as long as I'm not putting another an innocent bystander in danger doing so.

Then I'm going to prioritize calling 911, drawing, and re-locking the doors (if yours don't auto lock get in the habit of locking them before you put the car in gear to dive away).

Only if the perpetrator produces a firearm or is about to breach the exterior of the car will I fire.

A good tip when driving, If you cant at least see the bottoms of the tires of the car in front of you, then you are to close to go around that car. Try to keep some distance betwen you and the car in front of you
    Last edited by QuackXP; August 28th, 2019 at 03:57 PM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    If I can escape safely. That is my first reaction. Also when I say safely I don't necessarily mean following all of the traffic laws as long as I'm not putting another in danger doing so.

Then I'm going to prioritize calling 911, drawing, and re-locking the doors (if yours don't auto lock get in the habit of locking them before you put the car in gear to dive away).

Only if the perpetrator produces a firearm or is about to breach the exterior of the car will I fire.

A good tip when driving, If you cant at least see the bottoms of the tires of the car in front of you, then you are to close to go around that car. Try to keep some distance betwen you and the car in front of you
    If someone is coming at you with a bat, knife, tire iron or gun...I'm not really concerned about his health.

I leave a HUGE gap when at intersections with the exact thought in mind...can I get out without losing my bumper. Some people honk, or creep up on my rear expecting me to close up the gap...I ignore them. My safety is more important than your impatience. Sometimes I'll have a jackass, usually with a plate from another state come up and try to cut into my space and they end up blocking both lanes because they don't fit and they're now sitting diagonally...jackasses.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    If someone is coming at you with a bat, knife, tire iron or gun...I'm not really concerned about his health.

I leave a HUGE gap when at intersections with the exact thought in mind...can I get out without losing my bumper. Some people honk, or creep up on my rear expecting me to close up the gap...I ignore them. My safety is more important than your impatience. Sometimes I'll have a jackass, usually with a plate from another state come up and try to cut into my space and they end up blocking both lanes because they don't fit and they're now sitting diagonally...jackasses.
    Fixed my post.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast