Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bought a Ruger Sr9c (Pictures)

For those of you who love me and want to know what happened I thought I would let you know.

I went into another gun shop that was literally across the street from woodlands world. I went in to see if they had a Smith and Wesson Sd40Ve but they didn't, they said they could get one though.

I noticed they also had a Ruger Sr9c just like woodlands world did.
    So I decided I would just get that since its a decent gun for the money.

The price tag was $350 not including tax ect.
    So I said is that new? He said no, I said oh because I was going to say that is cheap. He said its used and showed me the Ruger box it came with.

I asked if I could hold it he let me of course didn't even ask for ID which is nice because others ask for ID well not to me but I hear about it happening to others.

The Ruger Sr9c Used Came with 2 Magazines. One is 17 rounds +1 in the chamber for a total of 18 rounds and the other is 10 rounds with 1 in the chamber for 11. The 17 round mag has a grip extension while the 10 round mag is smaller. The gun looks good has no major wear or scratches other than a little oil looking spot on the rear sights but thats nothing big.

I asked him what if the gun doesn't work, he said they have a warranty and I can bring it back. The total price I paid was about $378 out the door.
    Who ever said OUT THE DOOR price was right because that was what he said, he said the "out the door price" is ect.

The paper work/check was only $5 and I feel better buying the gun from that place then woodlands world because woodlands world has many more guns and looked like they had much more money anyways. So here is what I got

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The gun is safety checked before I took those

Oh also me and the people in the shop was laughing and cracking jokes so I doubt I am a bad customer to deal with
    Last edited by ICEN; January 20th, 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    There is no such thing as Dumb Control

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Bought a Ruger Sr9c (Pictures)

very nice buy! i paid 440 for my sr9 otd , it is a good gun for the money!

(Luzerne County)

Nice
    Two of my sons haveeSR9's.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Tioga County)

Nice purchase. I've fired my friend's SR9c and was quite impressed.

Good luck with it.
    MikeP

(Lackawanna County)

I love my SR9c. They're a great little gun.

Not that it would be a deal breaker, but I think the short magazines are 10 round capacity and not 11 as you mentioned.

(Bucks County)

I just had mine out to the range yesterday. Such a great shooter. I was getting half dollar sized groups @ about 7 yards. You will be happy with the purchase (or should I say steal).

A question for those of you who have this gun.
    Is the slide release suppose to be useable as a slide release or is it ment for a slide stop as in just keeping it locked back.

Because when I press down on the slide release/stop, its very hard to push down and seems like it doesn't want to go down, instead I have to hold the slide back then release the button.

I have the manual I don't know if its in their I'll check but I was wondering from those who have this gun if its ment as a slide stop or an actual slide release.

Oh and I tried to take the slide off which was funny because I didn't know that I had to press the slide stop up which will keep the slide open :O. for some reason in the manual they made it seem as if you just keep the slide open with one hand he he he

I will buy some ammo today or tomorrow then see how it shoots.
    Hopefully it works well.

Do gun shops actually check if the guns work before hand ? Either way he said I could bring it back if it has problems.

Also is there any certain 9mm ammo/grain I should specifically look at because I myself did not look up alot about the 9mm simply because I was expecting to get a .40, 357 sig or 10mm.... who would have thought I got a 9mm instead

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ICEN View Post
    A question for those of you who have this gun.
    Is the slide release suppose to be useable as a slide release or is it ment for a slide stop as in just keeping it locked back.

Because when I press down on the slide release/stop, its very hard to push down and seems like it doesn't want to go down, instead I have to hold the slide back then release the button.

I have the manual I don't know if its in their I'll check but I was wondering from those who have this gun if its ment as a slide stop or an actual slide release.

Oh and I tried to take the slide off which was funny because I didn't know that I had to press the slide stop up which will keep the slide open :O. for some reason in the manual they made it seem as if you just keep the slide open with one hand he he he

I will buy some ammo today or tomorrow then see how it shoots.
    Hopefully it works well.

Do gun shops actually check if the guns work before hand ? Either way he said I could bring it back if it has problems.

Also is there any certain 9mm ammo/grain I should specifically look at because I myself did not look up alot about the 9mm simply because I was expecting to get a .40, 357 sig or 10mm.... who would have thought I got a 9mm instead
    If it's anything like my LC9, then the slide stop is pretty much to hold it open only. I just rack the slide back to release, as the acutal slide stop is way to small to be a functional release.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

Quote Originally Posted by PSUWaz00 View Post
    If it's anything like my LC9, then the slide stop is pretty much to hold it open only. I just rack the slide back to release, as the acutal slide stop is way to small to be a functional release.
    Ya I assume its a slide stop as in the manual thats all its talked about for.

Also I looked it up on google and all the other people say its suppose to be intended for a slide stop not release Its no big deal since I have 18 Rounds before I have to worry about that anyways.

(Lancaster County)

Lock the slide back then drop the mag out and see if it is any easier. This more closely resembles how it will act with a loaded magazine.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast