Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderator or...

(Berks County)

Angry Moderator or...

Personally, I see more than a little bit of conflict of interest in the idea of Gwen Ifill being the moderator for tonight's debate. I find i highly interesting that she has a book due out on innauguration(sp?) day that the product description read: "Product Description

In THE BREAKTHROUGH, veteran journalist Gwen Ifill surveys the American political landscape, shedding new light on the impact of Barack Obama’s stunning presidential campaign and introducing the emerging young African American politicians forging a bold new path to political power.

Ifill argues that the Black political structure formed during the Civil Rights movement is giving way to a generation of men and women who are the direct beneficiaries of the struggles of the 1960s. She offers incisive, detailed profiles of such prominent leaders as Newark Mayor Cory Booker, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, and U.S. Congressman Artur Davis of Alabama, and also covers up-and-coming figures from across the nation. Drawing on interviews with power brokers like Senator Obama, former Secretary of State Colin Powell, Vernon Jordan, the Reverend Jesse Jackson, and many others, as well as her own razor-sharp observations and analysis of such issues as generational conflict and the "black enough" conundrum, Ifill shows why this is a pivotal moment in American history.

THE BREAKTHROUGH is a remarkable look at contemporary politics and an essential foundation for understanding the future of American democracy."

IMHO she has more than a little bit of a financial interesting in Obama being elected but hey, I'm just another of those anti-Obama cretins who couldn't possibly see things as they really are.

Oh, and the title of this brilliant piece of work? The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama

Remember though, the MSM is not biased.
    Last edited by billamj; October 2nd, 2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: forgot to add the title
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Moderator or...

Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Lycoming County)

I feel the same way you do. But i will wait till afterwards till really hammer on her. I think if she favors Biden/Obama she will not be doing them any favors and it will be very obvious and will get crucified in the media.
    “It's not a gun control problem; it's a cultural control problem.” Bob Barr

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun." Arnold Schwarzenegger

Saw a story about this yesterday and did some checking. Everyone knew about her book well before they picked her for the job.... she had announced the book back in June and had a big write up in the Washington times stating she had authored the book.

Personally I don't see as how she could be blatantly one sided for the simple fact it would give the McCain campaign a lot of ammo.

(Berks County)

Angry Re: Moderator or... -- UPDATED

I just ran into this quote from an AP story on the situation.

"The host of PBS' "Washington Week" and senior correspondent on "The NewsHour" said she did not tell the Commission on Presidential Debates about the book. The commission had no immediate comment when contacted by The Associated Press. A spokeswoman for John McCain's campaign did not immediately return phone and e-mail messages."

This is totally absurd. She should not be anywhere near moderating ANY debate for this election cycle at the very least.

She should recuse herself from the debate. If she intends to profit from an Obama presidency, then she should trade her press pass in for an Obama button.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Delaware County)

I think this can work in McCain / Palin's favor. Ifell must now go out of her way to appear fair. She will not let Biden get away with some of the classic debate tactics like bringing up some very obscure provision in a law or regulation and then ask Palin for her take on it. It will at least allow Palin to get some traction on questions she raises about Obama or Biden's record.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Saw a story about this yesterday and did some checking. Everyone knew about her book well before they picked her for the job.... she had announced the book back in June and had a big write up in the Washington times stating she had authored the book.

Personally I don't see as how she could be blatantly one sided for the simple fact it would give the McCain campaign a lot of ammo.
    Not quite everyone knew about it especially since she admits not letting the commision on presidential debates know about it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    Ifell must now go out of her way to appear fair.

Somehow I doubt she will be fair. When have the libs ever been fair?

There is a big difference between someone who is clearly biased toward the Dem side and one who intends to benefit financially from the successful election of the Dem candidate. I can't remember a mod who was not biased one side or the other, but one who could rake in millions on a book should not be moderating. JMHO.

(Chester County)

Here is my hope above hopes. I hope that she is so unfair that it will be very very obvious and make Obama look bad. That her bias will be so very apparent that it will trun the stomach's of the American people. I would also love to see her be unfair and have Sen. McCain will call her on it and annouce to the uneducated masses about her ties to Sen. Obama. Annouce to the world the conflict of interest that the rest of the public may not be privy to. Moderators are to be unbaised and have no ties to either canidate, but I guess when you are the "Messiah" the rules don't apply to you.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast