Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: PICS put me in "Undetermined Status"

Quote Originally Posted by footballpope View Post
    im new here...im nice and im looking for advice/explanations......jerk....you happy now mr gun knowitall?
    Yep, very much so.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonPACC View Post
    Yep, very much so.
    thanks for everyones help here...ill be quitting from here on out...i thought it would be a useful resource but it turns out its not......very disappointing that you join up to get clarification and what you get is treated like shit......thanks again pal....youre free to run your little kingdom here without me "hijacking" your precious thread.................thanks again

(Mercer County)

I don't think I did any of that. It's common knowledge and just courteous to not post your question in a thread where someone else is looking for help with an issue.

It is nice to see that even though I made no comment about guns or claim to being the owner of the forum that you believe I have a vast knowledge of the subject and believe me to be the ruler of this kingdom.

Listen, truth is, you were wrong to hijack the thread. If you would have started your own thread the great people here would have gave you the answers you are looking for or pointed you in the correct direction. Instead, you got one answer from triumph (who wouldn't have answered if he'd known you hijacked the thread).

Now that I've done the same thing as you, I will in follow the post and hand it back over to my loyal subjects. I could get used to this ruler of the kingdom stuff.

(Allegheny County)

LOL at the guys with 50 and 20 posts shitting all over the "thread hi-jacker" new guy. You people really know how to be good ambassadors for PA gun owners. I don't come here much anymore, but I hope this isn't standard.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deal_me_In View Post
    LOL at the guys with 50 and 20 posts shitting all over the "thread hi-jacker" new guy. You people really know how to be good ambassadors for PA gun owners. I don't come here much anymore, but I hope this isn't standard.
    The way footballpope "joined" the thread was confusing to me and caused me to answer Ricochet's question incorrectly. I may only have 20 posts to this forum but this ain't my first trip to the online public forum rodeo. As for the comment about "shitting all over the thread hi-jacker" I did not respond directly to Mr.Footballpope , I simply sited his post as the reason I screwed up the answer to the original poster. Common practice on any forum of this type is to start your own thread if you have a question especially if your question is not exactly like the original one as happened in this case. By the way Ricochet, how you making out with the LTCF?

(Fayette County)

At the end of this week will be the end of my 45 days and hopefully I will hear something back.

What makes me angry is, I have never been denied a firearm purchase in my life. If the PASP denies me and I have to hire a lawyer to prove that I am NOT a prohibited person, it will really bother me.

Its the PASP job to prove that I am NOT a prohibited person.
    They have far more resources than I do to look at my record (or lack of one) and see that there are absolutely NO convictions on my record.

Remaining in an "undetermined" status for a month and a half is completely ridiculous.

When an officer pulls you over for a traffic violation and runs your name through the NCIC, he can easily see if you have a criminal past. This is done in a few minutes.
    But to buy a firearm or get a LTCF in PA takes 45 days only because you were charged once and never convicted? Bullshit.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

If you were "a person under 18 years of age" and you were convicted of "possessing or transporting a firearm", you are probably prohibited from ownership of firearms under PA law.

If you were adjudicated delinquent, you'd be prohibited for 15 years or until age 30.

If you went through a diversionary program and were neither convicted nor adjudicated, then you might possibly be non-prohibited, depending on how the paperwork was worded.

I'd have to review your records to be sure, but that's how it looks.

The PSP may have a copy of your initial arrest, but no copy of the disposition, and out-of-state agencies have all the enthusiasm for responding to such update requests with about the lack of enthusiasm or speed that you'd expect from civil service drones dealing with out-of-state people who have no authority over them.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If you were "a person under 18 years of age" and you were convicted of "possessing or transporting a firearm", you are probably prohibited from ownership of firearms under PA law.

If you were adjudicated delinquent, you'd be prohibited for 15 years or until age 30.
    I appreciate your response.

I am 33 years old.
    In your experience, does the applicant in undetermined status usually get cleared within the 45 days if the out of state court does respond with the proper records showing the applicant is "good to go"?

I can PM you my personal info and a link to the MD judicial case search tomorrow and perhaps if you feel like taking my case, maybe we pursue this further.
    Thanks.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I appreciate your response.

I am 33 years old.
    In your experience, does the applicant in undetermined status usually get cleared within the 45 days if the out of state court does respond with the proper records showing the applicant is "good to go"?

I can PM you my personal info and a link to the MD judicial case search tomorrow and perhaps if you feel like taking my case, maybe we pursue this further.
    Thanks.
    I can handle PICS issues all over the state, but why don't you wait until PICS either responds or runs out of time, before you spend any money on legal help. It may turn out fine all by itself.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I can handle PICS issues all over the state, but why don't you wait until PICS either responds or runs out of time, before you spend any money on legal help. It may turn out fine all by itself.
    Yes, I will do that.
    As Im sure you can tell Im anxious to get my LTCF.

Thanks again

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast