Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by wd1446 View Post
    I’m sorry but I see all this a little different. Stop and stand in the officers shoes. Especially in this world now.

The officer that handed the firearm back said I don’t know you and I don’t hand assembled guns back to people I don’t know. Rightfully in my mind. They don’t know you. They don’t know what’s going to happen or what you might do. Maybe that warning for a busted tail light triggered you into wanting to shoot them. People are weird. Yes he could have handed you the Glock back slide locked and no mag in it. Put the mag on the passenger floor or something. But still.. it’s not like they touched your pecker, they were very easy going it seems. They have family’s too. Personally wouldn’t have had an issue with it.

Wait, didn't you post this?

" Trocadero in the city of brotherly hate
    Saw and older post from 2012 that said they do pat downs and wands. That all still true? Really dread going to this show now if it is.,"
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Crawford County)

Oh yeah I forgot this.....

wd1446 : you really didn’t just say this did you?, “But still.. it’s not like they touched your pecker,......”

Everybody knows. If they take your gun....they might as well have touched your pecker.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    But I will ask you this...if you were pulling someone over, in a shady part of town, would you take a couple extra steps to protect yourself or just ignore the precautionary steps and carry on?
    I have pulled over thousands of cars in my career. Somehow I have never disassembled a gun on a traffic stop..... and I work in the shady part of town. None of my subordinates or superiors have done this either, while in my presence. IMO the troopers were way out of line taking the gun apart.

As for extra steps, I treat everyone as if they were armed, not with undue paranoia. When people do inform me of a gun, I tell them keep yours where it is and Ill do the same. Criminals don't announce I HAVE A GUN! That should have been the first clue to the PSP.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Wait, didn't you post this?
    " Trocadero in the city of brotherly hate
    Saw and older post from 2012 that said they do pat downs and wands. That all still true? Really dread going to this show now if it is.,"
    What’s your point? Not being able to carry there bugs me a bit. If it’s a place one may need it that would be it. Still prolly not going to stop me from going tho.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by wd1446 View Post
    What’s your point? Not being able to carry there bugs me a bit. If it’s a place one may need it that would be it. Still prolly not going to stop me from going tho.
    Why aren't you going? Don't want a cop touching your penis.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

Why do people still like to insert guns into situations they don't belong in? i.e. telling the cops they have a gun?
    Junior

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Why do people still like to insert guns into situations they don't belong in? i.e. telling the cops they have a gun?
    Youre damned if you do and damned if you dont. l was stopped about a year ago in PA for a traffic violation. I told the cop I was carrying, we BS'd guns for a bit and he let me go without a ticket. He did mention during our talk that he can see who has an LTCF or not and had I not told him, this stop wouldve gone differently...

Re post 169 "you can run the serial number against the database of stolen firearms." That would be an illegal search as there was no RAS that it was stolen. We are talking about peace officers or law enforcement. There is no such thing as "Curiosity Police" who can poke their noses into our business anytime they wish without a warrant, permission or exigent circumstances. The OP gave consent under a certain amount of duress and those are the points we are talking about; the consent and rhe duress.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    Re post 169 "you can run the serial number against the database of stolen firearms." That would be an illegal search as there was no RAS that it was stolen. We are talking about peace officers or law enforcement. There is no such thing as "Curiosity Police" who can poke their noses into our business anytime they wish without a warrant, permission or exigent circumstances. The OP gave consent under a certain amount of duress and those are the points we are talking about; the consent and rhe duress.
    Actually, police stick their noses into everyone's business all of the time. It's a vital part of the job.

Parked in the lot of a closed business...why?
    Walking down a lonely road at 3AM...why?
    Blood on your shirt...why?

The "mere encounter" is the first step in building RAS and then probable cause.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Because the first thing many cops ask during a stop is, "Are you carrying any drugs or weapons?".
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast