Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: 2015 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    First Monday of Deer season the woods are full of gun owners that can some how manage to get a day off to do something fun.

its ALL about what is a priority in your life and IF they decide ban or restrict gun ownership were is your time better spent...

Is the right to gun ownership not worth one day a year to protect it, after many gave so much in the past for US to enjoy the 2nd A in the future.

Each you have to decide what's you gun rights real worth is by your actions and deeds

The objective is to actually speak FTF with the elected Reps, can't have that opportunity IF they are somewhere else that day ....

They typically are only in the capital on Mon Tuesday & Wen

unless its spending tax money doing the budget in June its only possible on scheduled session day to catch them all together.

Spring 2015 Schedule session days

An advance A-TEAM (A= Activist) will be there at the HBG capital on Monday May 11th causing some waves and solving other problems, IF you wish to tag along with the A-TEAM let us know
    I can't argue those facts but keep in mind I don't hunt, so I am often working while many fellow employees are no where to be found...
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Cumberland County)

I'll be there.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I can't argue those facts but keep in mind I don't hunt, so I am often working while many fellow employees are no where to be found...
    You don't hunt but apparently you have an interest in firearms or you would not be here.

Maybe you shoot trap? Do you have one of those fancy adjustable stocks? Under previous attempts to limit firearms those fancy adjustable stocks would have been illegal.

What many fail to realize is that the fight is not just about the 2nd Amendment, but about an elite few slowly whittling down what you are allowed to do. From seat belts, to motorcycle helmets, to sitting on a bus, the government wants to be involved in your life. There is only one thing preventing the erosion of all your rights and living in a dictatorship.

THE 2ND AMENDMENT.

This right is the only one that allows you to have freedom of speech, religion, and all your other inalienable rights. Why do you think is it so regulated? The 2nd Amendment is the only right for which you must have government approval to exercise. Why is that? The government fears this right.

Do not be fooled by magazine limits, registrations, one gun a month and all the other worthless things being pushed. They are only a way to test the waters to see how much the people will push back.

We need all people that believe in the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to be involved. For only these people can stop the government from trampling the rights provided in these Documents.

If you believe that attending these events have no affect, you are wrong. The legislatures take notice when groups of 15-20 people walk into their office with a common purpose. They listen.

If you feel that attending the event in Harrisburg does not make your priority list, I feel sorry for you. It is a great learning experience. You will meet many like minded people. You will meet people that you will consider friends by the end of the day.

Still not attending, then at least make it a point to contact your Senator and Representative this day. Let them know that you stand for the Constitution, the 2nd Amendment, and will not accept anymore infringements on your rights.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsor39 View Post
    You don't hunt but apparently you have an interest in firearms or you would not be here.

Maybe you shoot trap? Do you have one of those fancy adjustable stocks? Under previous attempts to limit firearms those fancy adjustable stocks would have been illegal.

What many fail to realize is that the fight is not just about the 2nd Amendment, but about an elite few slowly whittling down what you are allowed to do. From seat belts, to motorcycle helmets, to sitting on a bus, the government wants to be involved in your life. There is only one thing preventing the erosion of all your rights and living in a dictatorship.

THE 2ND AMENDMENT.

This right is the only one that allows you to have freedom of speech, religion, and all your other inalienable rights. Why do you think is it so regulated? The 2nd Amendment is the only right for which you must have government approval to exercise. Why is that? The government fears this right.

Do not be fooled by magazine limits, registrations, one gun a month and all the other worthless things being pushed. They are only a way to test the waters to see how much the people will push back.

We need all people that believe in the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to be involved. For only these people can stop the government from trampling the rights provided in these Documents.

If you believe that attending these events have no affect, you are wrong. The legislatures take notice when groups of 15-20 people walk into their office with a common purpose. They listen.

If you feel that attending the event in Harrisburg does not make your priority list, I feel sorry for you. It is a great learning experience. You will meet many like minded people. You will meet people that you will consider friends by the end of the day.

Still not attending, then at least make it a point to contact your Senator and Representative this day. Let them know that you stand for the Constitution, the 2nd Amendment, and will not accept anymore infringements on your rights.
    Trust me, you're preaching to the choir. I believe all forms of gun control (Including the NFA and 86 FOPA) are unconstitutional. If I really cannot make it that day I will at least contact my elected officials.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Trust me, you're preaching to the choir. I believe all forms of gun control (Including the NFA and 86 FOPA) are unconstitutional. If I really cannot make it that day I will at least contact my elected officials.
    By doing that you will be doing more than most of the gun owners ever do to support the cause! ty

Hence the reason for posting this HBG effort to give everyone max time to make arrangements to get to HBG one day a year to fight to protect their firearm rights.

some people really can't get weekday a day off, no matter how much advance notice...... sadly there are many that could and they don't even try or want to be bothered till it effects them personally, then its too late.

Just look at what happened in several of the surrounding PA states that had it bad in the past took it for granted and it couldn't get any never bothered to get involved, then it got worse and having rallies with steps full of gun owners didn't make any difference when the other side has the votes
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Pike County)

By doing that you will be doing more than most of the gun owners ever do to support the cause! ty

Hence the reason for posting this HBG effort to give everyone max time to make arrangements to get to HBG one day a year to fight to protect their firearm rights.

some people really can't get weekday a day off, no matter how much advance notice...... sadly there are many that could and they don't even try or want to be bothered till it effects them personally, then its too late.

Just look at what happened in several of the surrounding PA states that had it bad in the past took it for granted and it couldn't get any never bothered to get involved, then it got worse and having rallies with steps full of gun owners didn't make any difference when the other side has the votes
    I have sent my share of faxes, E-Mails and letters in the past, I can easily do it again. I will be following this thread and maybe I will have time available by then.

Ok, I've come on here and said this before, and I guess I have to say it again. Please stop arguing here. This scares away new people who might be taking an interest in the event. We need as many new faces as we can get. Posturing, or becoming defensive about each of our personal situations regarding this event, only serves to make some people, who are already unsure of what there role or responsibilities will be when dealing with our legislators, more likely to let the opportunity to make a difference, slip away.

This is not directed at any one person here. But please, stop arguing, and just go to the event if it is at all possible for you to do so. Please do not responses here that read something like: I wish I could go, but I can't get out of work, or I have to pick up the kid at school. If that is really the case, it's understandable, but posting it here probably encourages others to also take the easy way out, because others are also doing that.
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

(Juniata County)

http://www.2arally.com/

Does not appear to be updated for 2015. Still has 2014 info & dates, perhaps it is a problem on my end?

I personally would love to hear Reverend Kenn Blanchard speak. He is in Maryland & does a quite good podcast on gun rights, history & training.

IF you're still looking for people & taking suggestions.

Thank you again for all the work. We know it matters.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    http://www.2arally.com/

Does not appear to be updated for 2015. Still has 2014 info & dates, perhaps it is a problem on my end?

I personally would love to hear Reverend Kenn Blanchard speak. He is in Maryland & does a quite good podcast on gun rights, history & training.

IF you're still looking for people & taking suggestions.

Thank you again for all the work. We know it matters.
    Its not on your end the info for 2015 has not been updated yet, mostly because all we have for right is the dates.

The flier for 2015 was approved on Feb 2, 2015,

the whole event is still a work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by JohnXD View Post
    Ok, I've come on here and said this before, and I guess I have to say it again. Please stop arguing here. This scares away new people who might be taking an interest in the event. We need as many new faces as we can get. Posturing, or becoming defensive about each of our personal situations regarding this event, only serves to make some people, who are already unsure of what there role or responsibilities will be when dealing with our legislators, more likely to let the opportunity to make a difference, slip away.

This is not directed at any one person here. But please, stop arguing, and just go to the event if it is at all possible for you to do so. Please do not responses here that read something like: I wish I could go, but I can't get out of work, or I have to pick up the kid at school. If that is really the case, it's understandable, but posting it here probably encourages others to also take the easy way out, because others are also doing that.
    /\ MANY EXCELLENT POINTS HERE /\
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Juniata County)

Its not on your end the info for 2015 has not been updated yet, mostly because all we have for right is the dates.

The flier for 2015 was approved on Feb 2, 2015,

the whole event is still a work in progress

/\ MANY EXCELLENT POINTS HERE /\
    Ah. Very good then. Awaiting the flyer. :-) I suppose the rally isn't until May.

Just a note: The rally has a facebook group. You can invite all of your facebook friends to the rally with two simple clicks. You should do so.

https://www.facebook.com/events/3472...y_type=regular
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; February 4th, 2015 at 06:48 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast