Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: PRO GUN RIGHTS UGETube 2A Video Hosting Alternative To GUN BANNING YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    The Second Amendment community needs to be proactive and not reactive.
    We need to pick a platform such as UGETube, Full30, or NRA (if they get one started), and then we as a community need to migrate completely off YouTube.

The reason YouTube is dancing around this instead of just throwing all 2A off wholesale is because there is a lot of money being made in the 2A economy.
    YouTube will not admit it, but they will lose a lot of advertising revenue if they piss off the 2A community enough so that everyone drops their platform.

It's time for us to proactively make a choice and stop acting like timid victims which I paradoxically see so often in the 2A community.
    One thing we can do here at PAFOA is make this forum compatible with embedded video from UGETube, Full30, and any other pro 2A video hosting that is available.

I am convinced that the only reason so many of us use the anti gun YouTube platform is due to compatibility issues and ease of use.
    UGETube looks like they have deliberately made their video hosting platform similar to YouTube for familiarity and painless transition.

The only thing that seems to be problematic is embedding video on PAFOA and other 2A forums.
    If PAFOA needs money to make our forum compatible with UGETube and Full30 embedded video, then we should make an appeal to the membership and get it done.

Bern-
    I feel you Bern but ease of use is not the only reason I use YouTube. I find many beneficial DIY videos from other interests that I have that I can not simply abandon youtube.

Example: I own a 2003 BMW motorcycle that I could simply not afford to have maintained via the dealership neither financially or logistically. Thanks to folks that share how to videos I can learn how to do things myself. There are just too many diy how to's for me to walk away
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: PRO GUN RIGHTS UGETube 2A Video Hosting Alternative To GUN BANNING YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I feel you Bern but ease of use is not the only reason I use YouTube. I find many beneficial DIY videos from other interests that I have that I can not simply abandon youtube.

Example: I own a 2003 BMW motorcycle that I could simply not afford to have maintained via the dealership neither financially or logistically. Thanks to folks that share how to videos I can learn how to do things myself. There are just too many diy how to's for me to walk away
    To clarify, I meant 2A related content, not dumping them entirely.
    Removing the 2A content is enough to make a serious dent in their advertising revenue.
    If we build a large enough 2A video hosting community it will naturally expand into other things over time.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Great to hear. We need to stick together and when bullied by these companies, proviide for ourselves and each other. They'll never silence the gun community of America.

https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/w...UGtaPBLbD.html

And there's this on there also.

https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/w...oDvAQOogK.html
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

I just had a video pulled from YT for violation of the conditions. It was 5 years old and did not violate anything. I appealed and they reinstated. Whoopity-doo! I just signed up at UTG... going to start posting over there now.

https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/@bigdawgbeav
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post

My issue is going the other way around...

Having gun videos on YouTube means that a lot of people can access them. By that, I mean, a lot of non gun owners watch firearms related content on YouTube all the time. You see it in the comments. People from all over the place, not just all over the US, but all over the world, watch gun videos on YouTube just because they're interested in it. Maybe not enough to own anything, but at least somewhat interested in it. And there's no doubting that there's firearms related ties to more widespread cultural things like movies or video games (heck, my favorite handgun I bought partially because of that reason alone). People want to learn more about that cool thing they saw in a movie or used in a game.

That means we have a voice to at least a portion of the non gun owning public. Maybe it gets someone interested in joining up and giving shooting or hunting a try. But even if it doesn't, it's at least an opportunity for someone to see our side. To consider it. Because that's the only way you're going to keep your gun rights in the long term... If you can convince the public to be on our side.

If you have a gun-centric video site, not only will gun owners not be able to see non gun related videos, but non gun owners won't be able to see gun related videos. And I think that's a problem.

(Allegheny County)

The man has a point. ^^^
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    Full30.com has been growing nicely....
    unlike full 30 they welcome all content......not just gun stuff
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Susquehanna County)

^^^^ Then to all involved and interested write or otherwise message the management of Youtube and tell how much you value their product, but vehemently disagree with their anti-gun stance and why.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    My issue is going the other way around...

Having gun videos on YouTube means that a lot of people can access them. By that, I mean, a lot of non gun owners watch firearms related content on YouTube all the time. You see it in the comments. People from all over the place, not just all over the US, but all over the world, watch gun videos on YouTube just because they're interested in it. Maybe not enough to own anything, but at least somewhat interested in it. And there's no doubting that there's firearms related ties to more widespread cultural things like movies or video games (heck, my favorite handgun I bought partially because of that reason alone). People want to learn more about that cool thing they saw in a movie or used in a game.

That means we have a voice to at least a portion of the non gun owning public. Maybe it gets someone interested in joining up and giving shooting or hunting a try. But even if it doesn't, it's at least an opportunity for someone to see our side. To consider it. Because that's the only way you're going to keep your gun rights in the long term... If you can convince the public to be on our side.

If you have a gun-centric video site, not only will gun owners not be able to see non gun related videos, but non gun owners won't be able to see gun related videos. And I think that's a problem.
    Your points are valid, and ultimately that is probably the main goal of Liberal Democrat tech companies, to push gun ownership out of the popular culture.
    But right now we are dealing with the more immediate issue of having a protected platform from which the 2A community is able to communicate at all.
    The other stuff about visibility will have to wait until after we solve the more immediate problem of being completely censored by default.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lancaster County)

Just imagine if you were to create a website where the community guidelines didn't allow LGPTQURTY, muslims or blacks to use the service?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast