Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Disturbing OC arrest

Words that have ALWAYS stuck with me since I was a little kid. When I was about 10, my father purchased his first handgun. I said I didn't know you could get your own, only cops could (hey, I was 10)

he said "well the cops don't really want you to have them but too bad we're allowed to by a document the people who created this country wrote as law of the land"
    -jFw

(Allegheny County)

A Police officer in Indianapolis was recently killed by a person open carrying a rifle. I understand their caution. The officers in this video may not have exercised the best judgement but everyone went home safely.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rimfire View Post
    A Police officer in Indianapolis was recently killed by a person open carrying a rifle. I understand their caution. The officers in this video may not have exercised the best judgement but everyone went home safely.
    You're really grasping. The Indianapolis incident was not a guy walking down the street OCing a slung rifle. The police were called to the seen because gun fire had already been reported, the police responded to shoots fired. That's hardly the same scenario as stopping someone walking down the street.
    BTW, the OCer didn't go home, he went to jail.
    Last edited by ray h; July 8th, 2014 at 09:43 AM.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

There have been many innocent people killed by police officers, does that mean that I am justified in pointing a gun at every cop that I see?

The old "went home safe" bit. . . .bah.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    You're really grasping. The Indianapolis incident was not a guy walking down the street OCing a slung rifle. The police were called to the seen because gun fire had already been reported, the police responded to shoots fired. That's hardly the same scenario as stopping someone walking down the street.
    BTW, the OCer didn't go home, he went to jail.
    Grasping. The officer responding doesn't know who he's up against. Especially when they refuse to identify themselves.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    There have been many innocent people killed by police officers, does that mean that I am justified in pointing a gun at every cop that I see?

The old "went home safe" bit. . . .bah.
    Your not justified at pointing a gun at ANY cop you see.

And some innocent people have been killed by police. Some even intentionally. But the fact is that the police, when responding to a call, do not have any idea what the background or the mindset or the intentions are of the person carrying the firearm. And when that person refuses to identify themselves, it just complicates things.

Courtesy and respect go both ways.

(Delaware County)

Grasping. The officer responding doesn't know who he's up against. Especially when they refuse to identify themselves.
    and when the officer shows up we don't know if he's going to shoot an innocent citizen either. so what?

when the officer arrives and sees someone walking along the sidewalk with a slung rifle he can move along.. no crime being committed. hence, no ID necessary. Actually, he should move along... there is no RAS for a stop so no contact needs be made.

If you feel the same about pa officers then here's some info where you can brush up on the law:

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...nal-draft.html

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Why not? Most of them point their guns at any person that they see with a gun, regardless of the legality of the person's activity.

(Delaware County)

And some innocent people have been killed by police. Some even intentionally. But the fact is that the police, when responding to a call, do not have any idea what the background or the mindset or the intentions are of the person carrying the firearm. And when that person refuses to identify themselves, it just complicates things.

Courtesy and respect go both ways.
    you seem to be stuck on this 'refuses to identify themselves' point.

There is no need to identify yourself to an officer if you are not committing a crime. the officer should not even make contact if he/she does not have RAS for a stop. OCing a firearm is not RAS. This has been covered in many threads. Do yourself a favor and read up on the wealth of info available on this site.

(Franklin County)

You honestly don't see the difference between an officer responding to "shots fired" and an officer responding to "someone walking"? Wow, I don't even know where to go with this then.
    And refusing to ID one's self or refusing to be searched does not constitute RAS.
    If you really care about this encounter and want to understand what really happened, you need to do some reading and researching because I'm not sure you understand what is at stake during these events.
    BTW, apparently IN recently passed a law that extends their Castle Doctrine to include illegal entry by public servants. Just saying, lots of holes in your statements.
    Last edited by ray h; July 8th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast