43 95.56%
  • Undecided

0 0%
  • Need More Info

1 2.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Choices in Middle East

I never posted a poll before so lets see if this works. I have to ask beacause I was floored when I heard people response on the live chat.

Default Re: Choices in Middle East

No it will not. The reasons are many, but the main is that we will still exist. The United States of America, the force that has waged war for many countries, big and small, one or two or many, the nation that has so willingly sent it's own sons and daughters to die for others, will still continue on. Saying we are defeated does not make us defeated. They want us to no longer occupy this force. They don't want us to continue with everyone's primary job. CO2 production.

Besides, we will still have Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(York County)

If I were to say that we should pull out of the Middle East, it would not be to stop terrorism.

There was a time mankind was praying for war to stop and peace to live strong. Now with terrorism, the tables turned, you don’t need a war to have terrorism, just words and intent. Terrorism is not limited to the Middle East, it is every where, it is becoming a tool of the unhappy.

Once in America, people where not afraid to go places, not afraid to stand up and speak out, now, we are afraid of all sorts of things. If you say the wrong thing, you will be prosecuted to the fullest. That in its self is terrorism. If you speak back to voice your rights, people will want to lynch you, that is terrorism, there was a time when people could gather to show their government how they believed things should be done, today, if you gather more then a few people, you have the police there right away with a full battle dress ready to stop you, that is terrorism.

Terrorism will never go away, not as long as the government wants us to stay in the nice little box they designed for us.
    Some what off hand, yet not… A family goes off to see the graduation of a child in Pittsburgh, a 3 month child gets shot in the arm and leg, talk about terrorism. Shot in the same park where an other child of the same family was shot a few years ago, both their crimes, being black and living near a park.

What is happening to us as a people? We claim to be civilized, we claim to be the strongest nation, yet we can’t control our youths and allow them to be terrorists in our own back yards, worst, we allow ourselves to be terrorized by them!!!

Of course the government sees this and says “let’s remove all guns”. Sure lets remove the guns that people have to protect each other and their families… That will definitely stop terrorists! But wait, this 3 month old girl, she had no guns, she had no known enemies, she was not out there dealing dope.
    So where are we going wrong?
    We are going wrong every time this happens and we close our eyes to it, we are going wrong every time this happens and we look the other way thinking this is a once in a blue moon happening and will go away if we don’t pay attention to it. We are wrong each and every time we see a child in danger and don’t stop to say so. We are wrong every time people say things like “If we remove guns, children will stop killing each other”.

The answer is not in removing guns, it is in educating people and educating the authorities that are out there to protect us. If we where to re-educate people and teach them respect, if we where to teach our children that life is important, that you can succeed by working hard and really enjoying life, and showing them that the good life is not in scaring others into submission . It certainly wont happen when the kids are being babysat by a machine that shows them the only things guns are for is violence. It certainly wont happen as long as being King of the hill on the streets means you can be more violent.

Used to be the American dream was to own a white picket fenced in yard with a nice little home on it, and your kids dating the next door neighbor’s kids, a nice puppy that fetched the ball and washing your car on your day off.
    Now it is getting home safe at night and locking yourself in and hiding behind every thing you can to stop the bullets from entering your home during a drive by. Your nice puppy is a trained killer that is expendable but might get you a second or two to get to safety. You barely know your neighbor and avoid any contact with them, and you spend your days off touching up the paint on the car to keep it from rusting away.

Its time America came to its senses, bring back the neighborhood cops walking a beat, bring back the youth groups, bring back parents who cared about their kids and their neighborhoods. Give the kids responsibility, and watch them become better Americans. Bring back respect, and bring back the family. Kids are screaming they want to belong, Let them belong to a family and neighbors that feels love for them, not a family and neighborhood that is scared of them.

Folks, terrorism is not only a Middle East thing, it is right here in our back yards!!!
    Pulling out of the Middle East is not the answer, no more then pulling out of our own yards is. It’s in Education that people will see an answer. Oddly enough, we need to educate our elders and politicians this time, so they can educate our youths.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Frenchy, that was quite a rant, but I am in total agreement.

Now getting back to the middle east.

Terrorism from the middle east started WAY before we started the Iraq war, it will not be effected by troop movemnets, withdrawls or what ever.

The only real way to counter terrorism is to capture to kill them. Personally I'd like to see them locked up till they die of old age, wouldn't want to speed up thier meeting with Allah which is what they want.

just my .02
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    Frenchy, that was quite a rant, but I am in total agreement.

Now getting back to the middle east.

Terrorism from the middle east started WAY before we started the Iraq war, it will not be effected by troop movemnets, withdrawls or what ever.

The only real way to counter terrorism is to capture to kill them. Personally I'd like to see them locked up till they die of old age, wouldn't want to speed up thier meeting with Allah which is what they want.

just my .02
    +1

Allow me to clarify terrorism fir this poll. Muslim violence against America, its interest, or any country which are not Muslim.

(Erie County)

Carpet bombing + Asphalt = Really Large Parking Lot

Problem solved

(Tioga County)

The question in your poll doesn't reflect the question. As to choices, there are two. finish the job or cut and run. Anything else is just spin on one of these two choices.

(Allegheny County)

Nothing we do will cause radical Muslims to suddenly stop their terrorism against America. However, I think it is clear that our actions in the Middle East (both military and economic) are the main cause of their hatred of us. And while their terrorist actions against us are damningly unjustified, their hatred is not without justification.

Many politicians think that we the people are incapable of understanding Middle-East issues, so they dumb it down to such explanations as "they hate our freedom". Ron Paul has explained that it is more complex than that. If you want to know who really "hates our freedom", ask who said that freedom is about the willingness to cede to authority.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    The question in your poll doesn't reflect the question. As to choices, there are two. finish the job or cut and run. Anything else is just spin on one of these two choices.
    You mean finish the job or surrender. As for the choices, this is the first poll I posted and the only reason I did was to see the response. When I was on the chat section I think I was the only one who felt we should stay the course. I am glad to see by response I was mistaken. Only I have not seen the people I was chatting with answer the poll yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast