Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default National Preemption

"There is a new piece of legislation that could significantly roll back the worst of these laws on the state level, in particular the laws that were put in place under the Obama administration. The Second Amendment Guarantee Act, which was recently proposed by New York Congressman Chris Collins, could prove to be the most significant attack on gun control laws that we’ve seen in generations."

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...untry_08012017

I don't think it will make it, at least this time. Might make NJ & CA wet themselves.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: National Preemption

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    "There is a new piece of legislation that could significantly roll back the worst of these laws on the state level, in particular the laws that were put in place under the Obama administration. The Second Amendment Guarantee Act, which was recently proposed by New York Congressman Chris Collins, could prove to be the most significant attack on gun control laws that we’ve seen in generations."

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...untry_08012017

I don't think it will make it, at least this time. Might make NJ & CA wet themselves.
    A big step in the right direction but they will still go after everything that is not originally covered by Firearm..ie magazines, ammo, sights, handgrips, stocks, slings.. it will still be a Lawyer making Lawyer rich and us miserable game.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Philadelphia County)

But it does cover other things:
    "Additionally, “rifle or shotgun” includes any part of the weapon including any detachable magazine or ammunition feeding devise and any type of pistol grip or stock design."
    Someone was thinking ahead trying to keep end-runs down.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Delaware County)

We are just at the cusp of new legislation coming forward...not even thru the first year of eight and we have a lot to be thankful for and at a minimum optimistic. Progressive policies failed everyone and with the information age, being what it is today, its rather difficult to ignore these failed policies....all of them. The Libs are in the shitter and will stay there for a long time.

Get on board or get out out of the way...

(Indiana County)

Can't wait for my $20.00 Pennsylvania shall-issue license to be just as valid in New York City (not that I want to go back there) as one of those nonexistent $249.75 may-issue New York City licenses.

If and when it does pass, will the subjects of oppressive states start to notice the differences in licensing procedures across the country and how they're different from theirs?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Can't wait for my $20.00 Pennsylvania shall-issue license to be just as valid in New York City (not that I want to go back there) as one of those nonexistent $249.75 may-issue New York City licenses.

If and when it does pass, will the subjects of oppressive states start to notice the differences in licensing procedures across the country and how they're different from theirs?
    Yup. Then the Fudds among them will start moaning about how dangerous it is to have "untrained" people carrying.

B!%@#, I shoot more in a week than most cops do in a year, and more in a year than some whole departments - so don't try that $#!%...

(Delaware County)

I know the chances of passing the proposed legislation are slim, especially in a Congress that can't get anything of consequence done, but I am praying it passes. It would make the Founding Fathers proud.

I am so sick and tired of having to lock up my gun in the trunk of my car when I drive through NJ, NY, CT, MA on the way to my friend in NH. I am OK in PA, departure state, and in NH, arrival state. Everything in between is no man's land for a gun owner. I really hope this bill can get traction and at least get a committee hearing.

Because this is all we need, a bunch of lunatics, wanna be's and redneck gun-toting assholes running around this entire country with guns.

(Chester County)

Realize that the proposed legislation (HR 3576) applies to long arms ONLY. It does nothing with respect to handguns and CCW reciprocity.

A State or a political subdivision of a State may not impose any regulation, prohibition, or registration or licensing requirement with respect to the design, manufacture, importation, sale, transfer, possession, or marking of a rifle or shotgun that has moved in, or any such conduct that affects, interstate or foreign commerce, that is more restrictive, or impose any penalty, tax, fee, or charge with respect to such a rifle or shotgun or such conduct, in an amount greater, than is provided under Federal law. To the extent that a law of a State or political subdivision of a State, whether enacted before, on, or after the date of the enactment of this subsection, violates the preceding sentence, the law shall have no force or effect. For purposes of this subsection, the term ‘rifle or shotgun’ includes any part of a rifle or shotgun, any detachable magazine or ammunition feeding device, and any type of pistol grip or stock design.
    IANAL

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Realize that the proposed legislation (HR 3576) applies to long arms ONLY. It does nothing with respect to handguns and CCW reciprocity.
    There's already legislation proposed to cover carry. Long arms aren't part of that. This is needed for the rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast