Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Re: Who had the Advantage, Who was more Aware?

For Christmas and Birthday ( Dec 26 ) Wife got me the Glock 45/9mm !

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    One time when I was OC, I realized my zipper was down. I felt like everybody was looking at me.
    shit happens. most of the time people don't even notice either.
    Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    For Christmas and Birthday ( Dec 26 ) Wife got me the Glock 45/9mm !
    well sir, Happy Holidays.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    All agroed up and no place to go.

Why did you start this thread and why did you choose the title?

Do you have the right demeanor to even own a gun? Much less carried. These are the questions you should be trying to answer, not could I have shot an O.C.er.
    I wasn't going to respond anymore but the things you are making up in your head about why I even posted the OP call for a rebuttal.

Good grief, I never even thought that "I could have shot an "OC'er", the only thing I thought was that vis a vis the CC'er, the guy left himself open and at a disadvantage - to a bad guy somewhere or to the authorities who are called to the scene for a "man with a gun" complaint. That's all I was thinking and then many here have responded by trying to tell me they know what was going through my head and what I meant by it. I have tried and tried several times to get things straight but no one wants to acknowledge that either.

Come on man, let's say that guy had been in Philly Walmart and a couple of cops walked in, how many times have I read on this very board that they would check out the guy and see if he's "legal"? Personally, I like to keep my interactions with LE at an extremely low level and if CC keeps me there, so much the better. So I will say this one more time - I don't care how any of you carry. In a state where such a thing is legal - go ahead it's your right and it's no skin off my back how you carry.

And then here we go with you questioning if I have the "right demeaner" to own a gun. Do you? I mean really, I could probably conjure up something in my mind from your posts about your suitability for firearms ownership. So let's cut the crap about who should or should not be owning firearms. I have been here at PAFOA for years, have posted numerous times, and this is the first time I have ever seen that charge levelled at a fellow PAFOA poster and 2nd Amendment supporter.
    Last edited by Defender; December 25th, 2018 at 04:35 PM.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I wasn't going to respond anymore but the things you are making up in your head about why I even posted the OP call for a rebuttal.

Good grief, I never even thought that "I could have shot an "OC'er", the only thing I thought was that vis a vis the CC'er, the guy left himself open and at a disadvantage - to a bad guy somewhere or to the authorities who are called to the scene for a "man with a gun" complaint. That's all I was thinking and then many here have responded by trying to tell me they know what was going through my head and what I meant by it. I have tried and tried several times to get things straight but no one wants to acknowledge that either.

Come on man, let's say that guy had been in Philly Walmart and a couple of cops walked in, how many times have I read on this very board that they would check out the guy and see if he's "legal"? Personally, I like to keep my interactions with LE at an extremely low level and if CC keeps me there, so much the better. So I will say this one more time - I don't care how any of you carry. In a state where such a thing is legal - go ahead it's your right and it's no skin off my back how you carry.

And then here we go with you questioning if I have the "right demeaner" to own a gun. Do you? I mean really, I could probably conjure up something in my mind from your posts about your suitability for firearms ownership. So let's cut the crap about who should or should not be owning firearms. I have been here at PAFOA for years, have posted numerous times, and this is the first time I have ever seen that charge levelled at a fellow PAFOA poster and 2nd Amendment supporter.
    Rather than jump to conclusions I asked you why you chose the topic and why you framed it the way you did. Several of us thought there was an edge to it and an agenda.

I bolded the quote I felt was an aggravated retort and I asked you to think about your temperament. Just to think about it. I don’t know you, I certainly cannot judge you.

My motivation in posting is wanting to quell a thread that has a familiar pattern where in decent people get catfishes into a ban worthy rant. The open carry activists have made positive changes in attitudes with great peril to their own rights and bank accounts.
    For that they deserve our respect.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt; let's go back to your OP. What did you mean by "Now be honest!"? That comes off as "I'm expecting a line of bull from y'all."

Now to your original question. For the OC'er to definitely be at a disadvantage, you have to make assumptions and read minds. It's a hypothetical with no correct answer. Like I said, anyone can play "what if." You're assuming the BG will want to take out the OC'er. Maybe the BG wants a monopoly on force. Does that mean he'll shoot first, or will he leave? Maybe seeing the OC gun will remind him that other people around him might be armed too. Maybe he'll assume the OC'er is a LEO. Maybe he's just a psychopath intent on killing a bunch of people, in which case the body count might be the same, OC or no OC. Maybe the OC'er will notice the BG acting nervous around his gun. See, we can do "what-if's" all day. So please tell us, what's the correct answer? Be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt; let's go back to your OP. What did you mean by "Now be honest!"? That comes off as "I'm expecting a line of bull from y'all."

Now to your original question. For the OC'er to definitely be at a disadvantage, you have to make assumptions and read minds. It's a hypothetical with no correct answer. Like I said, anyone can play "what if." You're assuming the BG will want to take out the OC'er. Maybe the BG wants a monopoly on force. Does that mean he'll shoot first, or will he leave? Maybe seeing the OC gun will remind him that other people around him might be armed too. Maybe he'll assume the OC'er is a LEO. Maybe he's just a psychopath intent on killing a bunch of people, in which case the body count might be the same, OC or no OC. Maybe the OC'er will notice the BG acting nervous around his gun. See, we can do "what-if's" all day. So please tell us, what's the correct answer? Be honest!
    Okay, good point. The "now be honest" line were poorly chosen words and perhaps I should not have written them at all which would have made my post more "non-combative" concerning the OC/CC debate. (This indeed seems to be a touchy subject) And your other points were good as well. Discussion can be constructive and I can see the other side, but I will continue to go with CC as I think it is the best way all around to carry.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Bucks County)

Yep. Gotta keep in mind....you don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind. You don't screw around with the old Lone Ranger, and you don't mess around with Slim or Sue or OC.

(Susquehanna County)

I CC most days.. but if I KNOW I will not be leaving the state and the weather is nice I OC.
    While OC:
    I have been asked multiple time why I have a "gun" and conversation begins and usually ends very cordially
    I have been thanked for carrying by both LEO and Civilians.
    One time near Philly I was CC but had to change a tire in my brother's residential area.. removed the cover shirt and within a short time 4 neighbors struck up friendly conversations because they all were CC. My brother had no idea that many people around him carried.

luckily I live in a state where it is MY choice how I carry and I love that!!!
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Luckily I live in a state where it is MY choice how I carry and I love that!!!
    shame we don't have some sort of constitution to ensure that right is protected equally across the entire nation.
    or some sort of documentation detailing what to do when that right is violated.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    shame we don't have some sort of constitution to ensure that right is protected equally across the entire nation.
    or some sort of documentation detailing what to do when that right is violated.
    Yep.. SADLY it seems the 2nd Amendment is the only Amendment that states and municipalities are free to wipe their buttholes with :-(

Can you imagine if a State said that the 4th Amendment was not binding and they could search every rednecks or minorities or females or gays vehicle without probable cause
    If a State or municipality said the 14th didn't apply or the 1st Amendment didn't apply to Computers or other media?
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast