Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default FBI Report Confirms Crime Fell While Gun Purchases Soared in 2013

So what is it the Bloomy and friends are trying to do again?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Soared-In-2013

As gun sales soared in 2013--with the number of background checks for gun sales breaking records--the FBI reports that violent crime fell sharply below 2012 figures, and property crime rates fell sharply too.

On January 6, Breitbart News reported there were 21,093,273 background checks for firearm purchasers conducted in America in 2013. And while this number of background checks represented a record, we explained then that the number of guns sold could be many times higher. That is because background checks are done on gun purchasers, not on the number of guns being purchased.

For instance, if everyone who went through a background check then purchased three guns, the number of guns sold in the retail market alone would have been 63,279,819. That's not even counting the number sold privately.

And what happened as all these guns came into private hands? Violent crime and property crime fell.

According to an FBI report released on November 10: "violent crimes in 2013 decreased 4.4 percent when compared with 2012 figures, and the estimated number of property crimes decreased 4.1 percent [as well]."

These record gun sales and the subsequent reduction in crime square perfectly with a Congressional Research Service report covered by Breitbart News on December 4, 2013. That study showed that the number of privately owned firearms in America increased from 192 million in 1994 to 310 million in 2009. At the same time, "firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide" fell from 6.6 per 100,000 Americans in 1993 to 3.6 per 100,000 in 2000.

The bottom line: more guns equals less crime.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: FBI Report Confirms Crime Fell While Gun Purchases Soared in 2013

I call shenanigan, the prices people were paying back then are a crime.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I call shenanigan, the prices people were paying back then are a crime.
    When the S was hitting the F, I remember being at my LGS and watching a dude roll in, pull a Scar17 from the shelf, and proceed to pay for it, no questions asked, not even shouldering it. I was amazed as the ease he did that. Now good for him that he had that kinda change in his pocket, but then again, when an AR was 1500, I guess a Scar was looking pretty good.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUWaz00 View Post
    When the S was hitting the F, I remember being at my LGS and watching a dude roll in, pull a Scar17 from the shelf, and proceed to pay for it, no questions asked, not even shouldering it. I was amazed as the ease he did that. Now good for him that he had that kinda change in his pocket, but then again, when an AR was 1500, I guess a Scar was looking pretty good.
    Yep, I remember M&P 15 sports selling for $1200 on gunbroker.

(Centre County)

It continues to amaze me that we can build the more intricate AR-15 cheaper than the simpler AK right now. Literally a mil-spec (to my standards) AR today can cost you $600, and you won't get a decent AK for less than at least $800.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Bucks County)

I am shocked, too.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by StingyGunner View Post
    It continues to amaze me that we can build the more intricate AR-15 cheaper than the simpler AK right now. Literally a mil-spec (to my standards) AR today can cost you $600, and you won't get a decent AK for less than at least $800.
    The npaps can be had for a little over $500, you'd be hard pressed to find a better made rifle on a gunshop's shelf.

(Cambria County)

I agree with the premise, however it is still shitty logic. Correlation does not make causation. The same shitty logic could attribute the drop in crime to the lousy economy, Obamacare, or global warming/cooling.

It would be in our interest to demand the research rather than jump on a bandwagon of poor rhetoric. They fund studies researching what colors are appealing to gay toads, tell your congress-critter you want research done on what actually reduced the crime rate.

I think more privately owned guns is a good bet as to why, but the proof is in the puddin'. Dems get what they want through research, we can do the same.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I agree with the premise, however it is still shitty logic. Correlation does not make causation. The same shitty logic could attribute the drop in crime to the lousy economy, Obamacare, or global warming/cooling.

It would be in our interest to demand the research rather than jump on a bandwagon of poor rhetoric. They fund studies researching what colors are appealing to gay toads, tell your congress-critter you want research done on what actually reduced the crime rate.

I think more privately owned guns is a good bet as to why, but the proof is in the puddin'. Dems get what they want through research, we can do the same.
    Dems get what they want by simply lying. The only research they do is make up a number.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by StingyGunner View Post
    Be happy to sell you my original build Yugo M70AB2 u/f for $750.00.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast