Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Finishing a polymer80 Spectre (pistol) lower in PA as a non-resident

Hi all,

NJ resident here. May I get an education on PA's laws for private manufacture of firearms, for personal use and not for re-sale, within the state?

Specifically - I want to know if it's legal for a NJ resident to travel to PA, complete the manufacture of an 80% pistol lower (Polymer80 spectre, specifically - https://www.polymer80.com/pistol-frames) and then transport it out of PA.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Finishing a polymer80 Spectre (pistol) lower in PA as a non-resident

This sounds like a question that can be answered by the judge overseeing the case as he hands out any sentence he sees fit after interpreting the law however he feels like that day.

But I'm not a lawyer lol.

I would GUESS it is the same as having an unregistered gun in the state. Or fall under prohibited weapons same as brass knuckles or a black jack.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Default Re: Finishing a polymer80 Spectre (pistol) lower in PA as a non-resident

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    This sounds like a question that can be answered by the judge overseeing the case as he hands out any sentence he sees fit after interpreting the law however he feels like that day.

But I'm not a lawyer lol.

I would GUESS it is the same as having an unregistered gun in the state. Or fall under prohibited weapons same as brass knuckles or a black jack.
    Are you talking about a PA judge or a NJ judge?

If you're talking about a NJ judge - there is no required firearms registration in NJ. People move into NJ with handguns they've legally acquired outside of the state and are not required to do anything except follow NJ law regarding transportation. As long as the firearm is legal in NJ and they are not otherwise prohibited from possessing then no law is broken.

I'm not asking about the NJ side of things. Strictly the PA side - what are PA's laws on private firearm manufacture?

You can make anything in PA if you live here, pistols, rifles, (SBRs and suppressors need a form 1 and a tax stamp).

Everything is illegal in NJ. SO NO.
    It's NJ...
    Last edited by :-); May 21st, 2018 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    You can make anything in PA if you live here, pistols, rifles, (SBRs and suppressors need a form 1 and a tax stamp).
    Ok, great for PA residents. If I'm not a PA resident, can I legally manufacture a handgun in PA while visiting?

Everything is illegal in NJ. SO NO.
    Again, not asking about NJ.

Last edited by :-); May 21st, 2018 at 06:14 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDigz View Post
    Ok, great for PA residents. If I'm not a PA resident, can I legally manufacture a handgun in PA while visiting?

Again, not asking about NJ.
    Sure........ just make sure you throw it in the Delaware river before you go back to your shithole.

And don't let the screen door..........

You can move to Pennsylvania it's right across the bridge.
    Last edited by :-); May 22nd, 2018 at 08:05 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

You need to have a permit to buy a gun correct? While it may not have a serial number I bet the cops and a judge would love to slam your dick in the door if they ever found it. You roll those dice

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    You need to have a permit to buy a gun correct? ...
    Yes, you need a permit to buy a gun.....*IN* New Jersey.

If you legally acquire a gun outside of NJ, and it is legal in NJ, you can bring it into NJ and not break any NJ laws, and no registration is required.

For example - NJ considers BB guns the same as firearms, and considers BB pistols to be handguns. To buy a BB pistol in NJ would require a pistol permit.

However, I can go to Cabela's in PA, buy a BB pistol across the counter in PA, and then bring it into NJ (following NJ transport law) and I now have a legal handgun in NJ, acquired legally outside of NJ, brought into NJ legally, and did not require a purchase permit.

Again - people move to NJ with handguns they acquired elsewhere - when they bring them into NJ, they do *NOT* have to get permits or register them in NJ.

One more time - please, focus on PA law. Is it legal for a non-PA resident to manufacture a firearm while visiting PA?

While it may not have a serial number I bet the cops and a judge would love to slam your dick in the door if they ever found it. You roll those dice
    It's possible to buy a polymer80 with a serial number engraved in it from the retailer.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast